Status: This version of TARA has been discontinued and will not be finished.

The Adventures of Rin and Aya

Chapter 12

“ZZZZZZZZZZZ…”

Micah casually walked out of his room wearing his usual black pants, and his white shirt was thrown lazily over his shoulder. He looked down the hallway and then he walked over to the living room to find both of them empty. The clock on the wall above the fireplace said that it was only ten o’clock in the morning…so where could everyone have gone?

“ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ….”

Turning around, he looked into the kitchen. There was Ra’ Shari. Her head was resting on one of her arms, which were sprawled out across the table, and her hair covered her face. Micah walked over to her with a small smile on his face, and he reached down to shake her shoulder and bring her out of her slumber.

“Don’t touch me,” she hissed. Micah’s brow furrowed and he put his hands on his hips.

“You’re awake?”

Ra’ Shari lifted her head from the table and glared at him. “No, I talk in my sleep.” Sarcasm was dripping from her words, and she crossed her arms over her chest while she leaned back in the chair.

“You also kick in your sleep too. Did you know that you kicked me three times last night?” Micah walked over to the counter on the far side of the kitchen, got himself a mug, and poured some coffee into it. The blonde woman gave him a sly smile.

“I kicked you alright, but I wasn’t sleeping.”

“Your so mean to me.” Micah shot her a cold look before sipping at his coffee and leaning casually up against the counter. “But on the plus side you broke your record.” Ra’ Shari wrinkled her nose and shook her head in disgust.

“Micah you are a sick, twisted dude. What, do you just sit there and count the whole time? Ish, what’s next? Are you going to bring a stop watch and start timing too? Or should I be bringing a video camera from now on?!” She heatedly stood up and walked over to the refrigerator. Ra’ Shari was definitely not a morning person and it didn’t help that Micah was bugging her about this kind of stuff either.

Micah set his mug down on the counter before making his way over to her, and as she held up a jar of something to examine it he wrapped his arms around her waist while pressing his face into her neck. Ra’ Shari sighed as she dropped her arms down by her sides. “I thought I told you not to touch me.”

“I’m sorry,” he said. He started to slowly trail kisses along her shoulder before moving back to her neck. “I just can’t resist it when you start provoking me.”

“I wasn’t provoking you! I was simply standing here looking at a jar of jelly…or pickles. Heck, I’m not sure what this is exactly,” she said as she put the jar back in the refrigerator and closed the door to keep the cool air in.

He brought his head up next to hers, and chills went down Ra’ Shari’s spine as his warm breath hit her ear. “You provoke me more than you know, even if your not trying. Take last night for example…and I quote, ‘Screw you Micah.’”

Ra’ Shari rolled her eyes. “So my word choice wasn’t exactly the greatest…you just took it the wrong way.”

“PDA!!! Oh my gods I think I just went blind! My eyes…they BURN!!” Both Ra’ Shari and Micah turned around to see Raf holding his face as if he was in pain. The woman’s face started turning red, from both anger and embarrassment, and it looked as if she would run at him and beat him to death.

“Would you grow up already?!” She paused. “Just kidding. Go do the opposite and DIE!!”

Raf held up his hands in surrender and made his way towards the front door to go find the others. Micah laughed lightly, amused by how defensive Ra’ Shari had gotten. “So are you just going to stay here all day or what?”

“I’m waiting for Rin and Aya to wake up. Amaranta will probably have some information to share with them so I was going to bring them up to the tower later.”

Micah nodded and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek. “Alright then. I’m going to go hunt down Cade and see where he went to so I’ll see you later.” He gave her a quick wave after putting on his shirt, and then he headed out the front door like Raf.

---

“Finally you’re up!” Ra’ Shari exclaimed happily. For the past hour, while she waited for the girls to wake up, she had tried to occupy herself by doing random activities but in the end everything had failed to amuse her.

“Oh…did we wake up too late?” Rin asked.

The blonde woman smiled and waved her hand in the air, dismissing the topic. “Nah, everybody is usually up by nine but I remember what it’s like to be a teenager. You need your sleep more than anyone so it’s no big deal.”

“That’s good. If I don’t get enough sleep I tend to be pretty hostile towards…well, everyone really.” Ra’ Shari laughed lightly at Aya’s statement, and while doing so she stood up from the table.

“I’m the same way,” she said. Her eyes quickly turned to the girls’ attire. “The dresses look lovely by the way.” Both of the girls politely thanked her with a smile. Aya’s dress was light in color, blue and purple plaid, while Rin’s dress was a solid, rich, dark pink color.

Before anything else could be said a light blue flash, though dimmer this time, erupted from the spot next to Ra’ Shari. When it had died down Aya and Rin noticed Jonan was standing there with her arms crossed over her chest casually. “Amaranta wants to see you three,” she said in her bored tone.

“I kind of figured she would. Oh, and by the way Jonan, thanks for interrupting last night. It wasn’t embarrassing at all!” Ra’ Shari hissed sarcastically with venom dripping from her words.

Jonan glared at the woman from the corner of her eyes. “Well I wouldn’t have to interrupt if you would just refrain yourself from doing such things. You’re going to regret it one day.”

“Yeah yeah I’ve seen the movie. Don’t have sex because you will get pregnant and die right? Augh, your just jealous!”

“That’s not my fault!” By now the two women were yelling into each other’s faces while Rin and Aya watched them with wide eyes, not sure if they should leave or if they should refrain themselves from making any sudden movements. “If anyone is to blame it should be YOU! As soon as you met himI knew what was going to happen, and I warned you about it but did you listen to me? Of course not! You don’t even really love him.”

“That’s not true!”

“Then say it!” Jonan snapped back quickly. “Tell me that you love him.” Tears started to form in Ra’ Shari’s eyes, but she choked them back telling herself that she wasn’t allowed to cry in public. She looked at Jonan’s face and the hard, cold gaze that she stared back with, but it soon became too much for her and she was forced to avert her eyes to the ground with a clenched jaw.

“I knew it,” Jonan said before disappearing in the flash of blue light. For quiet a few seconds Ra’ Shari simply stood there, staring at the ground and trying to calm herself down. When she looked up at Rin and Aya, who were both standing perfectly still, her face relaxed and a sigh escaped her lips.

“I’m sorry about that.” A forced smile appeared on her face. “But come one, we really shouldn’t keep Amaranta waiting.” The girls followed her as she left the house and started walking down the street in the direction of the tower.

They all stayed silent as they walked, feeling that it would be best not to talk. Rin however, was biting her lip and trying to contain all of her questions from spilling out of her mouth. With every passing second it became harder to keep quiet, and Aya noticed the look on Rin’s face instantly realizing that it could mean nothing good. The pink haired girl shook her head lightly, telling Rin not to say anything, but Rin had never really been well known for her self restraint.

“What did Jonan mean back there?” she blurted out.

“Huh?” Ra’ Shari turned to look at the two girls behind her with a questioning look on her face.

“She was talking about Micah right?” Reluctantly the blonde woman nodded her head.

“Rin! Don’t be so rude,” Aya scolded her friend.

Ra’ Shari gave them both a small smile. “It’s okay, I don’t mind.” She dropped back, slowing her pace slightly so she was walking next to the two girls instead of in front of them.

“What was that all about back there? Did you and Jonan fight over him because you both liked him?”

“Well, not exactly. She actually hates Micah because…” She faltered with her words slightly, wanting to phrase it as nicely as possible, but she soon found that it would be trickier than she thought. “Because it was actually her and Micah that fought over me.”

Both Rin and Aya tripped over their own feet and they narrowly managed to catch themselves before they planted their faces into the ground. That had never even crossed either of their minds. “It’s because she’s an Angel. Naturally they don’t love, but because she is my guardian she automatically wants to take care of me. That’s how it starts for them and once they get to know someone their emotions start to snowball out of control, and then they become like how Jonan is now…in love with the person they need to be guarding.”

“Does it happen to all of the angels?”

Ra’ Shari closed her eyes and shook her head. “No, it’s actually very rare that this happens. Usually their desire to guard overpowers their desire to love, but that doesn’t always happen. It’s dangerous when they love the person their guarding, and they know it. Oh look, we’re here.” Rin and Aya looked in front of them and sure enough, there was the tower. “I think we should save the rest of this conversation for a later time. Come on,” the blonde woman said as she led the two girls into the building.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoa, we actually got a little drama in this chapter. I honestly didn't mean to have it be that dramatic or whatever but it just happened I guess....poor Jonan. I feel bad for her now.

And this is going to be random...but when I was first starting to write this story and plan it out I originally had Ra' Shari with Soren. I don't know about you, dear readers, but I just can't see them together. The only reason why I changed it was because I felt it would be more interesting if her and Micah were together...they both have such a temper that I thought it would be more amusing.

Anyways, please comment if you can and Thank You for reading!