Status: This version of TARA has been discontinued and will not be finished.

The Adventures of Rin and Aya

Chapter 14

THUD! THUD!

Both Rin and Aya landed on hard ground. They were slightly dazed by free falling down a dark hole and then getting the sense knocked out of them when they landed. When Aya’s vision started to clear she looked around at the surroundings to find that her and Rin were back in the cabin that was in their woods.

“Yes! We’re back!!” She reached over to Rin and practically crushed her in a hug.

“I’m going to miss The Middle Town and everyone there, but I’m kind of glad that we’re home too. I can’t wait to take a shower…and you’re kind of starting to smell too.”

Aya glared at Rin and quickly pushed her away. “Me? YOU are the one that smells!” They started fighting over who smelled the most, but they were quickly silenced when a skunk randomly waddled past them before disappearing into a dark corner of the room.

“I think we should leave now…” Aya nodded her head in agreement. She reached back to grab her bag but all she could feel was air.

“DARN IT! We left our bags back there!” She groaned in frustration before standing up and then helping Rin up as well. “Great, now we’re going to have to buy new ones.” They both made their way out of the room before exiting the old cabin and heading back to where they had left their sleeping bags. After picking them up they headed in the direction of their houses.

When they reached Rin’s house they casually opened the door and dropped their stuff in the hallway. Before they could make their way up to Rin’s room however a woman popped her head out of the kitchen, and when she saw the two girls she rushed to them, embracing them in a hug. “My god where have you girls been?!” she asked. When she released the two girls she stepped back and her gaze focused on Rin. “Do you know how worried we were young lady? Same goes for you Aya. Your mother was worried sick!”

“I’m sorry Mom. We were just uh…we were at…Chaz’s house! Yeah that’s right. His pet…uh hamster died and he was really depressed so we decided to go over to his house and cheer him up!” Aya had to admit to herself that even though Rin wasn’t the smartest, that was still a pretty good story. The only problem was…Chaz didn’t have a hamster.

“Well I’m glad that you wanted to help out one of your friends, but you should have called us! I’m sorry Aya, but I think it would best if you got home to your parents.” Aya nodded and waved goodbye to Rin and her mom, them picked up her stuff and headed out the door. “As for you Rin, no TV for a week.” Rin put on a fake face, pretending to be upset, but deep down she didn’t really care. If her mother knew that no TV wasn’t a big deal her mother would just give her a harsher punishment that Rin might end up not liking for real.

“I’ll be in my room,” she said before heading up the stairs. It was already Sunday and she still had all of her homework to do.

---

Ra’ Shari ran out of the tower clutching the little velvet bag in her hand. No, she didn’t steal the pendants, though no one should put it past her or think that she wouldn’t. After putting them all on thin, gold chains Amaranta had given them to her so she could bring them to the guys.

“You guys better all be home by now,” she said to herself. If she had to hunt them all down she would be in a rather bad mood for the rest of the day. The woman made a quick turn around a corner, narrowly missing a man carrying a crate filled with only the gods know what, but a smile came to her face when she saw the house. She was relieved to see that all of the guys were lazily hanging out in front of it.

Chase was the first one to notice the blonde woman, and he turned to face her with a smile. “Hey, what ya got there?”

Ra’ Shari slid to a stop in front of him and shoved the velvet bag a little too close to his face. “Amaranta gave us these because we need to go find the Chosen one and keep her safe! It’s going to be so cool!” Once again…there was that Cheshire Cat smile. Chase pushed the velvet bag away slightly so he could get a better look at it.

“What’s in it?” The woman quickly opened up the bag and pulled out the white pendant then handed it to Chase.

“That one is yours. Amaranta put the elements into these clear pendants and she said that whoever wears them will be able to control that element!” She squealed in excitement as she went and passed out the other pendants.

Naturally Sin would be given Darkness, Raf was given Fire, and Soren was given Water. Earth was given to Luka, and finally Air was given to Micah. Amaranta had personally given the gold pendant to Ra’ Shari, but she explained that it didn’t have any elemental powers, though that didn’t necessarily mean that it was useless. It was actually the most important because that pendant would allow them to travel between the two worlds as they looked for the Chosen one.

Raf looked at his pendant, examining it, before putting it around his neck. “Alright let’s see what this thing can do.” Everyone turned their eyes onto him. His hands collided with each other as he was about to rub them together in preparation, but a large burst of fire suddenly erupted from them. With a surprised yell he jumped backwards only to have the fire disappear. “Oh my gods…please tell me I still have both of my eyebrows,” he said as he turned to the others. They quickly reassured him that both of his eyebrows were still intact before they started practicing with their own elements.

Ra’ Shari watched them all with a smile, but as she turned to walk into the house she stopped in her tracks. Micah was sitting on the stairs with an absolutely unhappy, and slightly irritated, look on his face as his head was resting in his hand and his elbow was propped up on his knee. The woman frowned and walked over to him. “What’s wrong?”

He quickly looked at her out of the corners of his eyes before staring ahead of him again. “Why did I have to get Air? It’s so flimsy so what could it possibly do?!”

Rolling her eyes Ra’ Shari placed her hands on her hips. “Why don’t you just give it a try? And besides, Air is a good element! My favorite for your information.”

“No.”

“Micah…just try it.”

“No!”

“Micah!”

“Will you just--” He suddenly and exaggeratedly raised his hands up above his head, irritated at Ra’ Shari’s nagging , but his eyes went wide and his words were cut off when Ra’ Shari screamed. When Micah had raised his hands a gust of air was pushed in her direction and the result was the skirt of her dress flying up into her face in total Marilyn Monroe fashion. Unlike her however, Ra’ Shari wasn’t prepared and she hadn’t managed to keep her dress down.

She frantically tried to get a grip on the fabric before any of the guys had seen, and as the gust of wind died down she managed to push her skirt down as well. Looking over her shoulder she tried to see if anyone had noticed. To her dismay all five guys had been frozen in their tracks and they were staring at her with large eyes, most of their faces red.

“I’m so jealous…” Soren said in a slightly dazed voice.

“Why? Because he can do that with his powers or because he gets to see thateveryday?” asked Raf. They looked at each other and nodded their heads. “Both,” they said in unison.

Micah stared down at his hands, still in shock, but he quickly looked up with a smile on his face. “I love this element!” Ra’ Shari growled at him, her face still bright red from embarrassment, and she stalked off into the house mumbling incoherent words.

---

It was just past ten when Ra’ Shari stepped out of the bath and wrapped a towel around her body. She squeezed the water from her hair before leaving the small room and stepping into the main room. Peaking her head out the door she checked to make sure that no one was there, and once she decided that it was safe enough she ran out of the room and into her own.

As she quietly closed the bedroom door her eyes fell on Micah who was lying on his stomach, sprawled out across the bed, and his face was pressed into a pillow. “I’m guessing I can go straight to bed since you haven’t started annoying me yet and it’s already past ten.”

“Yeah, I think I’m--” He brought his head up, but as soon as he looked at the woman standing in front of the door his face fell and he groaned as he shoved his face back into the pillow. “You’re provoking me again,” he whined.

Ra’ Shari sighed heavily, but she said nothing as she walked over to the dresser and pulled out the first drawer. Randomly she picked out a pair of underwear and slipped them on underneath the towel. After opening up a different drawer and pulling out a light weight, white camisole she looked over her shoulder at Micah. “Don’t look.”

“Wait! Let me think about this first,” he said as he flipped over on his back though still keeping his eyes closed.

“Think about what?!”

“Whether I want to look or not. If I don’t look then you can go to bed, and you’ll be happy. If I look…we’ll probably be up for a while.” As he was talking Ra’ Shari turned and frantically pulled on the camisole before Micah could make up his mind.

She turned back around with a smile on her face. “Too late!” Micah’s eyes snapped open but he instantly glared at her when he sat up.

“Come here.”

Ra’ Shari looked at him suspiciously. “Why?”

“Just come here.”

“I’m not sure I want to. You’re mad because you were going to look, but you never got the chance and if I go over there I know what you’re going to do.” He stood up on his knees before flopping back down on the bed so his feet were now where his head had just been, and he propped his head up with his arms while his legs were up in the air being bent at the knee and his ankles were crossed.

“I just want to do your hair,” he said in rather girly voice as he batted his eyes.

“You want to domy hair? That’s sick Micah,” Ra’ Shari said jokingly as she bent down to pick up the towel. When she stood back up she noticed Micah staring at her, his eyes narrowed and his mouth open.

“I just saw down your shirt…you did that on purpose didn’t you?! And you said you didn’t provoke me.” The towel smacked him in the face but he quickly grabbed onto it and chucked it onto the other side of the room not even caring or realizing that Ra’ Shari had picked it up for a reason. She ignored it and walked over to the other side of the bed before lying down on it, facing the same way Micah was.

“You know your on the wrong side of the bed right?”

As an answer Micah rolled onto his back and in doing so rolled on top of Ra’ Shari, smooshing her into the bed. “No I’m not.” She squirmed underneath him, the sudden pressure being somewhat uncomfortable, and after a few minutes she managed to crawl out from underneath him and onto her own side of the bed.

“Jerk,” she said as she turned herself around so her head was up by the pillows. Micah followed suit, and he quickly threw an arm around her waist.

“Please?” His hand found it’s way underneath the fabric of her camisole but before it reached her chest she pushed it back down to her waist. “I can go that way too if you want. It works for me,” he said as his hand started to travel down to her hips.

She roughly pushed his hand away. “Will you stop?!”

“PLEASE?!”

“No! You need to learn some self control.”

Micah exhaled deeply. “I dohave self control…just not around you. But fine, if your that sick of me than I’ll drop it.” He turned over on his other side, facing away from Ra’ Shari and giving her as much space as possible.

“You don’t even really love him.”Jonan’s voice rang out through her head. Her body started shaking as she tried to hold back the tears that were forming in her eyes and the sobs that were threatening to escape her. Pressing her face into the pillow she tried to muffle her sniffling and crying, but it was too late. Micah looked over his shoulder and he instantly became worried.

He turned back over onto his other side. “Hey,” he said quietly as he gently turned Ra’ Shari over so she was facing him. She instantly pressed her face into his chest and he tightly wrapped his arms around her, trying to comfort her as much as possible. “Shh, it’s okay.”

With a shaky hand she furiously brushed the tears away after a few minutes of crying, suddenly mad at herself for being weak and crying so easily. “I’m fine,” she said as she lightly tried to push Micah away from her.

“No your not. You don’t just break out in tears if your fine…don’t lie to me.” She could hear the hurt in his voice and she started using more force as she tried to pull away from him. When he refused to let go however, she cried out and started hitting him. She punched him on his chest and shoulders, occasionally kicking out with her feet, and she heard him suck in a sharp breath of air when her knee made contact with his stomach. The woman even managed to accidentally punch him right over his cheek bone, and yet he still refused to let go of her.

When it had finally sunk into her mind and she realized that she could stab him with a knife and he wouldn’t let go she stopped her struggling. As she stared up at the ceiling a few tears fell down her emotionless face. “Why?” Her voice cracked softly and it had been so quiet that she questioned whether Micah had heard her or not.

“Because I know why you do that…why you try and push me away,” he said just as quietly. “You think that if you can push me away it will stop you from hurting me. I wish you wouldn’t think that because there’s no way that you could possibly ever hurt me.”

He was right. She felt that the only way to protect the people she cared about was to push them away physically and mentally, keeping things like her thoughts and feelings from them so she couldn‘t hurt them. Ra’ Shari had done that to her whole family and each of her friends when she had still lived back on Earth.

She turned her head to the side, still with an emotionless face, and she looked up at Micah. His face held such sincerity as he stared at her in worry. “You know that I love you right?”

“Of course I do,” Micah said with a slightly surprised look on his face. “But I’m not sure that you know Ilove you. Even if you told me that you hated me more than any other person in the world and left me for someone else I would still love you. When we first met two years ago, even though I was just a horrible, cold-hearted thief, you actually cared about me…and look at me now! I’m a much better person than I thought I could ever be and it’s all because of you.” Ra’ Shari couldn’t help but smile at his words.

Seeing that he had managed to put her in a better mood a smile formed on Micah’s face as well, and he lifted one of his hands to brush the tears off of Ra’ Shari’s face. “I think you should get some sleep now. It’s already late enough and we’re going to have a busy day tomorrow.” Ra’ Shari nodded and closed her eyes after settling in, falling asleep soon after.
♠ ♠ ♠
Once again another quick update. I hate the mushy gushy romancey ending to this chapter though because I don't do romance and clearly I'm not a good romance writer. Please, I beg you not to rub it in my face.

Anyways, I'm questioning this story. It's clearly not my usual style of writing and idk, I just don't feel like it's any good. AND I really need to take some time to work on A Light In The Dark...so that will be my main priority for a while.

Thanks for reading anyway.