‹ Prequel: Once a Hero
Status: Comments make updates coms faster!

Always a Hero

Interrogations

For the past 2 weeks, I've been doing the same work I did when I first started with this new team. I ain't even been put of the damn building to go out into the field yet. When I started with my first team leader, he treated me as if I had been with him for years but Gibbs...he treats me like an enemy or something. I don't know what he has against me since I hadn't done anything to the man to make him think otherwise. Maybe he senses that I'm hiding the secret about Jayla. As much as I want to confide in him about it...I just can't. If he doesn't trust me to be out in the field then I can't let him in on this. I finished up my latest paperwork as DiNozzo and McGee came out of the elevator with a man in handcuffs.

"Agent Carrington come with me." Gibbs said as he passed by my desk. I quickly got to my feet and ordered Tsunami and Jethro to stay with a simple hand gesture. I followed Gibbs down a hallway that McGee and DiNozzo had gone down with the handcuffed man.

Gibbs opened a door to the interrogation viewing room and we went inside. I watched behind the glass as DiNozzo sat the man down in a chair before taking his own seat across from the suspect. The man expressed his frustration as DiNozzo played on his phone. I've been in these rooms many times before but Gibbs has never given me a chance to do anything other than interviews here at headquarters. I get the feeling that he likes to be the one to break suspects. Gibbs fingers tapped on the glass making DiNozzo close his phone and leave the interrogation room.

"You're doing the interrogation." Gibbs said handing over the file with all the evidence. Finally! A chance to show him what I can do. I left the viewing room just as DiNozzo was coming in and I stood outside interrogation. I took a deep breath before entering.

"Oh hey there sweet cheeks. I knew you couldn't resist this charm."

"Charm is the last thing I would call it Sergeant Knox." I said dropping the file on the metal topped table desk before sitting down.

"What would you call it?"

"How about abuse? I checked out your background Sergeant. You're a very violent man." I said opening the file.

"All technicalities."

"Beating up one of your girlfriends and putting her into the ICU was a technicality?" I said reading from the reports.

"That was a long time ago."

"Not so long ago. I have a report here from your Commanding Officer that states the nature of your violent tendencies or technicalities as you call it. 3months ago you were reprimanded for beating another member of your unit until he was put into a coma." I said crossing my arms over my chest.

"He deserved it. No one calls me a liar and gets away with it." Hmm. I'll use that to my advantage.

"Does that mean your wife deserved it too? Her medical records show that she's been admitted to several different hospitals ever since you 2 were married." I said putting the photos of his beaten wife in front of him to look at.

"I was drunk. Didn't know what I was doing."

"I'm sure." I said taking the photos away.

"Why am I here? I've got shit to do on the base."

"Just for questioning Sergeant." I said smiling sweetly at him.

"You know you have a very beautiful smile."

"Tell me what happened that night with your friend Staff Sergeant Woodruff." I said.

"I already told you what happened. He left the bar after getting a call. I assumed he went home."

"Yes I know that's what you said but I find it very curious as to why your fingerprints were found all over his house. Especially in his wife's bedroom." I said leaning forward as I toyed with him.

"I've never been in her bedroom."

"Then I guess these photos we found on Staff Sergeant Woodruff's laptop are wrong. Are you going to deny that this is you taking her out to dinner? In her bedroom? Giving her kisses?" I said laying each photo down.

"That's such bullshit. None of these are real."

"They are quite real. Just like this credit card receipt in your name where you paid for those dinners, hotel rooms, and other items." I said putting the paper on top of the photos. He glanced down at them for only a second.

"Yeah they're fake."

"The only fake is you." I said smirking.

"Alright so we went out. She wanted away from the bastard."

"So to get her away, you both planned his murder?" I questioned.

"No."

"Don't lie to me Sergeant. I can read you like an open book." I said leaning forward again.

"Don't call me that."

"What are you going to do? Hit me like you did them? I don't think you have the balls." I said and anger riddled his face. Sergeant Knox quickly brought up his hand to smack me but I was quicker. I sprang from my seat and grabbed his hand twisting it in an awkward and painful position.

"Let me go bitch!" I twisted his hand more as I came around the small desk and stood behind him. His head touched the table softly.

"That's Captain to you Sergeant." I hissed before letting him go. He rubbed his wrist and hand in pain.

"Now tell me the truth!"

"It was all her idea! She poisoned Michael for years and when I went over to his house to fond him dead, she pleaded for me to do something. So I shot the bastard." He confessed.

"After you shot him, was she with you when you dumped the body?"

"Yes." He said hanging his head.

"Stand up." He did as he was told and I secured his hands behind his back.

"Sergeant Jordan Knox, you're under arrest for the murder of Staff Sergeant Michael Woodruff." I said and I led him from the room as I read him his rights. The door to the viewing room opened and DiNozzo led out Mrs. Woodruff. She got to witness the whole thing. We escorted them down to the holding cells in the building before getting on the elevator.

"That was a very interesting way of interrogation."

"Thanks." I said as the doors opened up in the squad room. I got off first aewent right back to my desk giving a scratch to Tsunami and Jethro's heads. I looked over at Gibbs and he seemed to have a smile on his face. Have I impressed him enough to go out into the field and be accepted as a part of his team or am I subjected to continue doing Probie work?
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments would be great!

I know it's not a very long chapter but pleaseef me know what you think.