Status: Co-Write|Original Slash|Active|Regular Updates

Ticking Time Bomb

Raiden

I glanced beside me as Chris took his seat and looked at me with concern as he wrapped his arm around me. I didn’t look back at him because I knew my tear-stained cheeks would give away that I was depressed. I listened to his heartbeat as he started talking about something having to do with a motorcycle club that he was wanting to join, but I couldn’t really focus on his voice, I could only listen to the calming sound of his heartbeat as he let me lean against his chest. The tears dried up enough for me to look at him, even though eyeliner streaked my cheeks giving away that I was crying, and tried to focus on the words that were coming out of his mouth.

“...pass high-school finally to become a member.” He finished as he finally looked towards me, “Raiden, you’ve been crying.” He said suddenly serious as reached down to touch my face.

I flinched away from his hand as it made contact with my cheek and looked up at the bell as it started ringing. I sighed with relief as I was saved by the bell and looked away from Chris. He seemed to get angry as I gathered my empty lunch tray and placed it on top of the trashcan. He was looking down at his hand and I felt my cheek realizing the massive bruise that I had there was visible from under the patches of missing makeup. I looked back at Chris mouthing that I was sorry before hurrying from the lunchroom.

“Raiden!” I looked back to see Chris trying to follow me.

I fled towards my next class and didn’t look back as I took my seat. Chris couldn’t follow me into the room since this wasn’t his next class. I would be safe from him until it was time to switch classes once more.

“Raiden Johnson, you’re needed down at the office.” The teacher said after answering a call.

I froze. Chris didn’t tell the office about my bruises did he? If he did then Andy would be furious and think I told Chris on purpose. I gathered my composure and slowly made my way out of the classroom. I dreaded each step until I finally got to the office and noticed that Andy was standing there waiting for me without Chris. I walked over and stood next to him without saying another word as he explained that he would be taking me home. The office didn’t ask very many questions, specifically because they didn’t care, and Andy walked out of the school with me.

I didn’t look back at the school as I got into the car and looked down at my lap. Andy didn’t say anything as we drove and I feared that he was angry with me. Someone from his circle of friends must’ve saw me crying and assumed I told Chris everything. I wouldn’t do that. I would never do that. I’ve known my place with Andy since the first time he hit me and I would never try to be anywhere else.

“Who saw the bruises Raiden?” Andy asked through clenched teeth.

Shit, Chris must’ve left a tip at the office, I thought.

“Chris did, I didn’t mean to Andy, I thought I had them covered well enough but I must’ve washed some of the makeup off when the snow was hitting my face this morning.” I said taking responsibility for bruises that weren’t even my fault.

Andy got out of the car as they arrived at the apartment and I knew not to fall behind as they walked inside. I closed the door with shaking hands; I knew that as soon as they were behind closed doors then Andy would have at me. And judging by Andy’s body language he was pissed. Andy pointed down at his feet and I immediately took my spot at his feet and sat down in front of him. He looked down at me as if I was a dog and in a way I was. Andy bought my food, he housed me, he decided when I went outside, and when I was ill he would make me take medicine then ignore me until I was better. In this apartment I was nothing more than a disposable punching bag to him.

Andy grabbed my left arm and looked down at me with a smirk, “You want to keep disobeying me when it comes to Chris? Fine, here’s your punishment.” He said as he held my arm out straight and slammed his knee upwards into the underside of my arm. He released my arm and I knew it was broken

“Now go cook dinner, after I’ve eaten I’ll think about taking you to the hospital.” Andy said as he sat down on the couch.

I held my arm close to my body as I got up and went to prepare dinner. It wasn’t easy with one hand and I could only hope that Andy would love the baked barbecue chicken that I cooked for dinner. It was the only thing I could really make while in so much pain. I knew that even after dinner Andy wouldn’t take me to the hospital, this would be the second time in two weeks that I’ve been, the first for a twisted ankle from when I was running from him. I didn’t bother reminding him of the hospital as I went to our bedroom, suddenly not feeling very hungry, and wishing that my life would just end. I curled up on my side of the bed and looked at my phone fearing that dreaded phone call from Chris that I would have to endure.

I wouldn’t be able to hide from him much longer, I saw the look on his face when he saw the bruises my makeup hid, and I knew he wasn’t going to let this one drop. He never would.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know if there's any spelling errors.