Status: Co-Write|Original Slash|Active|Regular Updates

Ticking Time Bomb

Raiden

I opened my eyes and looked around me slowly and sleepily; I hadn’t even realized that I had fallen asleep. I looked over at my alarm clock and noticed that it was nearly nine in the morning and I was late for school. I should have been concerned over being late on the second day, but I just didn’t care anymore, Andy took all of my will out of my body. The more I started waking up the more I felt the pain that lingered in my arm, I knew I should have been more concerned over my arm but what was the point? I wasn’t going to become anything in my life, I wasn’t given the chance, so having a messed up arm wouldn’t hurt me anymore than Andy does. I sighed as I rolled out of bed and listened for any sounds, but it was silent. I figured Andy had already left for work and threw on a black long-sleeved shirt with deep maroon skinny jeans. I looked towards the window to see that it wasn’t snowing as much today so walking to school shouldn’t be much of a problem. I finished my morning routine and slipped in my contacts before looking at myself in the bathroom mirror.

“You’re so fucking ugly.” I said absentmindedly to myself before turning off the light.

I decided that regardless of what Andy had said I would use one of his jackets today. My backpack was still at school as was my jacket so I would just slip my jacket on when he picked me up and hide his in my backpack to stay on Andy’s good side. I grabbed one of his older jackets from inside his closet, he was much bigger than me so it didn’t matter what jacket I took, they would all be over-sized on my scrawny body. I grabbed my phone and headed out of the apartment making sure everything was locked and turned off before I did.

I made it to school and got my late pass as the lunch bell rung out through the school. I kept my arm against my body as I entered the lunchroom with a large group of other students. I got my food and sat down since it was spaghetti day I was actually able to eat without Andy hurting me. I looked down when Chris took his usual seat next to me.

“Raiden, what happened last night? I tried talking to you but you just hung up.” He asked sounding hurt.

“I was in a meeting with Andy at his job, he picked me up early from school since he wasn’t going to be able to pick me up afterwards.” I said while focusing on my food.

“You’re lying to me, you never look at me when you’re lying. I saw the bruises Raiden.” Chris said seriously.

“What bruises are you talking about? I don’t have any bruises.” I said quickly.

I cried out in pain as Chris grabbed my broken arm and held it close to me. I looked up at him with tears in my eyes and he seemed stunned as he looked at my arm.

“Your makeup is running, lets go to the bathroom to fix it up.” Chris said, I could tell he had other thoughts in his mind as we stood up and threw our food away. We walked out without the teacher trying to stop us because they both knew we didn’t cause trouble inside the school, Chris liked to skip school altogether, but neither of us were troublemakers.

Chris took me into the bathroom and locked the door once he was sure that there was no one around. He looked at me more seriously and forcefully made me sit on the sink. He wet another paper towel and scrubbed my face clean until my makeup was gone. He dropped the paper towel and gasped when he saw the whole left side of my face was covered in bruises.

“Is this what you wanted to see?” I said sadly as I looked up at him.

He shook his head and pointed to my arm. I carefully removed my hoodie and pulled off my shirt so he could see my bruised and swollen arm. Chris seemed to become furious as he looked at my arm.

“Jesus fucking Christ Raiden, your arm is broken and you’re in school? Did that piece of shit Andy do this?” Chris said harshly.

“No, I fell wrong on my arm.” I said using one of the lies that circled my head last night.

“For fuck’s sake Raiden! Ever since we were held back together I’ve seen your change in behavior. You don’t talk to me anymore and you’re always lying to me now. Now I know that Andy lays his hands on you I’m going to beat him to a bloody fucking pulp.” Chris said getting angry.

“No! If you hurt Andy I will never speak to you again.” I said as I blocked the bathroom door from Chris.

“What the fuck Raiden?! He broke your fucking arm and you’re just going to let him keep doing it?!” Chris yelled at me and I looked down at the floor.

“You’re not even around anymore Chris! You’ve always got your dick up someone’s ass that you never bother being there for me!” I yelled back at him.

The look of hurt that flashed across Chris’s face broke my heart, but I couldn’t let him do anything to Andy. As much as I hated Andy for hurting me I still loved him.

“Wow, you really are a fucking idiot Raiden.” Chris said as he shoved me aside and walked out of the bathroom.

I looked down at the floor as I sat down and held my arm against my chest. I needed to just go home and never return to this place ever again, maybe I could convince Andy to allow me to go into online school since it would also work in his favor of making it impossible to see Chris. I removed my phone from my pocket and unlocked it before shooting Andy a quick text message.

Can you come pick me up from school?

Why? Andy sent back almost immediately. He must be on his lunch break or getting off.

Chris hurt me and I don’t want to be here anymore. I replied through my tears.

I’m on the way home from work now, I’ll stop by the school to pick you up. This is the last time I’m warning you about Chris. Andy texted back after a couple minutes.

I don’t want to be around Chris anymore, can I have your permission to switch to online classes? I held my breath as I saw the typing icon pop up on the iMessenger.

Yes, I love you, I’ll be there soon.

I stood up off the bathroom floor and looked around into Andy’s jacket for the small tube stick-foundation that I decided to carry in case something like this happens. I threw on my shirt and fixed all of my makeup before going to my locker and clearing it out. I filled my backpack with everything from my locker and switched back to my jacket. I put Andy’s inside my backpack and headed towards the office so I could speak with the counselor and withdraw myself from the school and put myself in online classes. The counselor didn’t fight me since they knew I’ve had it rough since my parents passed and gladly signed me up for the online classes where I just had to turn in the work everyday on time and I would pass quicker than if I stayed here. I walked out as Andy was coming into the building and looked over at him.

“Did you get everything taken care of?” He asked as he flung his arm around my shoulder.

“Yeah, the online classes take effect in three days. Is there anything extra you want me to do at home since I will be home all day now?” I asked as I looked up at him.

“No, just make sure the house is clean and there’s dinner made each night. Make sure all of your schoolwork for that day is done too so you can graduate as soon as possible.” Andy said looking back at me.

“Yes sir, I’m sorry to bother you on the way home.” I said softly.

Andy chuckled and kissed my head as he helped me into the car, I looked back towards the school building and saw Chris watching our every move from the window of his classroom. I quickly looked away and back towards Andy as he got in the car.

“I’m going to take you to the hospital then we’ll be going out to eat.” Andy said as he started the car.

I nodded, although stunned, and looked down at my hands. I didn’t expect that Andy would be so kind to me now that I’ve switched to online school and won’t be seeing Chris as much. I sighed against the window as I thought back to how he looked when I yelled back at him. I hurt him so much but he can’t hurt Andy and take away my last piece of financial support, I would be homeless, and I wouldn’t have anywhere to go anymore. I don’t think Chris truly thinks things through when he’s mad and that’s why I needed to keep him away from Andy as much as humanly possible.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you guys think about this so far.

-Madame