Prescription for Miss Walker

Act 11 - She's My Cherry Pie

I had drinks again with Madison later that day. She picked me up at five and we ate some dinner, although I had a harder time getting anything edible past my swollen throat. Instead of just abnormal growth in my larynx, it now also hurt from all the screaming I did after Dr Cameron took his leave this morning. No dick would be getting sucked on tonight, was all I could say about it.

My best friend nibbled on one of my cold French fries, her sunglasses resting over her eyes. She looked super picturesque today, in her hot yellow canary dress and lace-up boots. The hem stopped just above mid-thigh.

“I hope that hangover was worth it.” She jabbed.

It was... to begin with. I had fun, until I asked about his wife. As it turned out, I couldn’t keep my foot out of my mouth.

I pursed my lips in response. My breakfast had sobered me up quickly and his company had made it all the better. So, why was I so bitter?

Probably because he was the first man to be inside of my living space and not even have remotely the slightest interest to bend me over.

It was a change from normal and I didn’t like it.

Doctor Cameron was going to fuck me, one way or another.

“Did you score?” I asked, looking everywhere but her. Her sensual lips were wrapped around her straw like it was of the male anatomy – and I knew how bad she was at sucking them off.

“Of course. She was tiny and cute, but had a tongue like Gene Simmons. You ever had that before?” She drawled. I shook my head, not wholly listening to her but knowing I had to if I wanted this to work out between us. “Not that you would know, since you drank yourself to sleep. Aren’t you supposed to be banned from alcohol?”

“No.” I moistened my lips. “I was just in the mood for one last night, that’s all.”

Madison furrowed her eyebrows, not believing me. She was right not to, even I wasn’t convinced.

“Speaking of, but not really − Have you heard anything new from Doctor I’m-So-Sexy?” She grinned, capturing her straw again. The sun reflected off her sunglasses and I threw up a hand, protecting myself.

I gave her a fake glare and continued my scour of the cafe. It was a nice place, somewhere we came often, and I was on the lookout for said doctor. He appeared out of nowhere last time, who’s to say he wouldn’t now?

“Yes, he’s still trying to get me to do treatment – why do you call him that?”

She shrugged innocently.

“He has reason to, he’s made you his top priority and you’re making it seem like you’re ungrateful for it.” She swished her drink around, taking the straw out and licking the under. Plenty of heads stared in our direction. “Plus, he’s sexy.”

“I’m not ungrateful, I like that he’s my doctor, maybe a little bit too much. Besides, you wouldn’t know if he’s good-looking.”

I felt like we were eight year olds arguing about whose Barbie was best. Except, this time, I had the newest edition and hers was the old, so I felt like I had to point out why mine was superior.

But Madison and I hadn’t met until long after I’d left high school, so there were no butting heads between us in that kind of way.

She tapped the side of her nose; mine wrinkled in response.

“What does that mean? Have you seen him?”

I didn’t know why I was being so defensive. Why I wasn’t keen on the new nickname. I just knew it wasn’t natural of her to compliment a man I had the hots for. Or any man, really.

Thinking she was being discreet, she rolled her eyes. She got up out of the booth and started ambling down the steps, en route to her car. I dashed after her, asking if she could please divulge on what she meant. I couldn’t be kept in the dark about my own doctor. I had to know if the two had met before, or had the briefest of conversations.

I’d snatched a hold of her wrist as we made it to the vehicle. In her surprise, she dropped her smoothie. The ice sloshed all over her brand-new Louboutin’s, which were unfortunately made of suede.

“Madison, I didn’t mean to do that.” I picked at my nails, knowing from the way she looked at the ground that I was in for one hell of a smacking.

But she surprised me by laughing. She kicked them off then flung them in the backseat. She still towered over me, but at least now I didn’t feel intimidated by a giant.

“I’m not mad at you, honey. Look, I get it. He’s a super sexy doctor and he’s off-limits. That makes him sexier. I haven’t seen him, I haven’t questioned. I just know he’s good-looking because you get so darn worked up when he becomes centre topic.” She bopped me on the nose, letting her finger fall until her gigantic hand was clasping my shoulder.

I shook my head. She was so nasty sometimes it wasn’t even funny.

“I hate you.” I pouted.

She grinned mischievously.

“But it’s a love-hate relationship we have going, isn’t it?” She elbowed me, this time in the stomach.

So, I used it to my control.

I grabbed her by the chin and lowered her head down, so that, like I’d done last night with Doctor Cameron, her lips were pressed against mine. I said I’d kiss a girl, and Madison was a friend so therefore the best choice. I knew her well enough that there was a promise of no feelings coming to the surface on her end.

The kiss was soft, and exceedingly sweet since she had been drinking a mango and orange smoothie beforehand. I touched my tongue to hers a few times before I stepped back.

Looking at her, I noticed she recovered quick, wiping her hair away from her mouth and face. I bet she wasn’t expecting that.

“Whatever was that for?” She breathed, it betrayed her cool demeanor.

“It was on my bucket list.” I shrugged nonchalantly as I made it round to the passenger side of the car. I looked at her from the top.

“Kissing me or a girl?”

“A girl, really, but I figured. Who better than you anyway?” I smiled at her. She always had loved her little ego-boosts.

And right enough, she stood up straighter, stretching her arms out on the top. It was a wonder she didn’t flinch back screaming, as I had no doubt that it was boiling from under all the heat.

“And was I good? I was good, right?” She air-kissed me, looking at me through the protection of her sunglasses again.

I never did mind spoiling her.

“Let’s just say I wouldn’t say no if it was offered.” At that, I climbed inside. A small shriek made its way in as I sat down. Madison was going to have a field day, knowing I kissed her and liked it.

She got in seconds after I did and skidded down the road, singing along to the radio.