The Unforgivable War

The Unforgivable War

It was a long march, no doubt, but each man that marched that step was devoted to the cause. This would be their day to strike vengeance upon those other creatures. This would be their day to claim what was rightfully theirs. Soon they were on the outskirts of Rome, and they had all formed two lines horizontally. Thankfully, as the men lined up you could not see the end of the line and hopefully that would be enough to win this war.

There they stood for what seemed like hours, just waiting for “them” to emerge from the clouds that hung so low now. The clouds were still grey, but this time they had possessed evil in them. It only added to the negative aura that slowly swept through. While they waited, they just all seemed to admire the fields, trees, and flowers that enclosed them. It seemed so ironic, to have beautiful little wonders, such as those, around them, and then have the devil’s children just ahead of them. A slight breeze carried through from time to time, cooling their tense bodies. Soon, the footsteps were audible and screams from the next town could be heard. They had all gotten into position and waited for them to present themselves, and soon it would all begin.

Then it came, and all time seemed to come to a halt. The other immortals emerged from the clouds, shouting and cursing at him and William. Beautiful beings they all were, yet he knew what they were capable of, and what their true intentions were. Some were already shooting arrows towards the heavens, and watched them land down on some of our men. They hadn’t even made physical contact with them, and we were already losing. This enraged us all, and soon we were darting towards them. Shooting arrows and bullets; slashing them with daggers and swords, it all just seemed chaotic. He killed every being near him, making sure it wasn’t one of his own. Each death was revenge for their town, for Italy, for William…for Isie.

It seemed to be going well so far. The men were battling to their death, and it touched him to see them do so. While he fought beside William’s side, he noticed a woman fighting amongst them. She was a part of the other side, or so it seemed like it, yet she was killing off her allies. She fought so fiercely, almost as if she had a hidden reason to why she was fighting. Her passion, it reminded him so much of Isie. It caused him heartache to think of this so he reminded himself to thank this woman for helping them. As he fought of the rest of the creatures that came his way, he could not keep his eyes away from this mysterious woman. He wanted to see who she was, maybe a distant friend of his. Though he had to keep fighting for Isie, he couldn’t stop just for some woman who was fighting.

But soon, she had turned another direction to fight so he had a perfect view of her. She was a vampire, for he could see it in her chocolate brown eyes. Her hair was flawless; the same shade as Isie’s, and her skin was just the same as well, only a tad lighter. As he kept his eyes on her, he couldn’t leave a feeling that he had about her. Everything about this woman seemed oddly familiar, until he realized who it was.

“Isie, Isie!” He bellowed out her name while he sprinted towards her. Why would she be fighting in this war? Is this why he hadn’t seen her for more than a year? She was preparing herself for it, just like he was. She had changed herself for the war and for him… just like he did.

“Isie, wait Isie!” She had finally heard her name and turned around to look for the source of it. She spotted him dashing towards her and she let out a smile so bright, it eased the tension of everything. He was just a few yards away from reuniting with his love once again, when her smile faded and her eyes gleamed with horror. He stopped in his tracks, confused as to why she was suddenly falling to the ground. Then he saw an immortal from the opposing side, smiling down at her with her blood dripping from his hands. He killed her with his silver dagger, and was proud of it. Immediate shock surged through his body at just witnessing his wife die before his eyes. Seconds later, he continued sprinting towards Isie, but now with rage as to kill this creature.

He reached him and instantaneously engraved his silver sword through his neck. He watched him as he slowly died, then went down to hold Isie in his arms. She was still alive, but just barely. He could feel her warm blood on his hands, resisting the urge to place it in his mouth. He managed to excavate the dagger out of her, only leaving small burns on his palm. Her blood slowly started to stop, and her veins soon began to show upon her perfect face, wrapping around her hollow cheekbones. She now looked at him with her chocolate eyes and held his face, whispering her last words.

“You made me a promise Vincent… to never leave me alone.” She smiled weakly as she said this, gasping for air while she did.

He stroked her hair, now letting go of his tears in which he tried to hold back. He couldn’t believe he was losing her, all because she tried to be closer to him. His tears were now falling relentlessly, and a few sobs escaped his mouth.

“I am not going to break our promise my love. I could never do that because I love you more than anything. I am right here with you now and nothing else matters now. You are my love.” He bent down to kiss her lips, so cold and lifeless, unlike the warm and sweet ones he loved so much each time they kissed before.

“Oh Vincent… I will forever love you; not even death will do us part.”

He laughed at the now distant memory, back in their room. It was the last day they had seen each other before they went their separate ways in preparation for this war. He wished he could go back now and never leave that room. He wanted to hold her forever, but now it was too late for that.

As he tightened his grip on her, she whispered, “I love you Vincent.”

Her last breath had soon escaped with her last words, and now she lay there in his arms, cold and limp. Only then, did it begin to pour down on them, and he cried out in pain of losing her. He gave her one last kiss and one more “I love you” before leaving her there and taking out his rage on the rest of these immortals. So many left, but he knew it had to be done. The rain only seemed to strengthen his abilities and soon he was killing them all. Seeking the ultimate revenge, he spilled more blood then he would have liked. Yet, it all seemed satisfying in a peculiar way. It let him have the opportunity of expressing his rage towards the death of his beloved. All this death upon him, it truly felt unforgivable. Yet, now he understood everything. He understood the meaning of it all, and soon left the rest to fate.

And now, bodies speckled the fields and blood seemed to paint the grass its new color. It was unclear who had won, but for now it didn’t matter. He spotted William scanning the horizon, looking for any more that may have hid in the town. Fortunately, he found none and they all seemed at peace. Soon they were gathering the bodies of their fellow comrades, and made their way back to town to arrange a heroic memorial. He sauntered over to where Isie lay, delicately carried her bridal-style and made his way back to town, preparing himself for the words that would be filled with sorrow. For now, he only wanted to concentrate on the road ahead, and the rest of eternity without his love, Isie.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hoped you all liked it. :-)
Now there is only one last chapter left.
It will be out within the hour.
Comments please!