Status: Something new I am trying out.

What Have You Done

I Felt it Coming

My stomach is flip-flopping from the conversation I had with Jade last night. I didn’t think she would tell Jimmy no matter how pissed off she was at me, but, I’m pretty sure something is going on between the two that they haven’t told me yet and her loyalty might be with Jimmy. I don’t blame them for not telling me. Shit, I’m hiding a human from them.

I knew I had to tell everyone eventually but Brian and I decided it would be best for us to start out slowly. His parents first considering my parents would lose their minds. I needed to prepare for telling them.

I walk through the kitchen door and see Brian and Owen cooking something. A smile drapes my lips. Even though they were away from each other often they still had an amazing bond.

“Smells good in here!” I walk over to Owen who is sitting on the counter intently watching Brian mix eggs. I snake my arm around Brian’s waist and lean my head on his shoulder.

“Jimmy, Jade, and Zack stayed here last night.”

I pull my head away from his shoulder. “Oh.”

“There’s coffee if you want some.” Brian pointed to the corner of the counter.

Jade walked into the kitchen making sure to clear her throat as the door swung shut. "Sorry to break up the family moment.” Sarcasm drips from every word. “You know I could have been Jimmy or one of the guys. You could have been fucked." She grabbed my cup of coffee out of my hand. "So tell me something. Why haven't I heard Owen calling Syn daddy or dad, or papa whatever the Fins call parents?"

I lifted Owen off of the counter his brown eyes filled with sadness when I set him to his feet. I bent down to his level. "Can you do mom a favor and go wake up Uncle Jimmy and here..." I handed him a glass of water. "Pour this on Zack."

He grabbed the glass of water from my hand and looked at me with worry in his eyes. "Which one?"
Brian chuckled. "Purple hair and a weird piercing in the middle of his nose."

Owen nodded his head and cautiously walked out of the kitchen.

"So," Jade sipped her coffee. "What's the situation here?"

Brian shook his head in annoyance. He didn't say anything he went straight back to the pancakes.

"He is dad, but we've lived in Finland for four years. Dad, papa, and Daddy in Finnish is Isä. That's just what we decided to have Owen call him."

She rubbed her eyes. "Oh. I thought that was just a weird nickname."

I looked over at Brian who still concentrated on his breakfast. He was tense and uncomfortable. It didn't take much to notice, he didn’t trust Jade. "Bri," I rested my hand on his shoulder. "We have to tell, Jimmy."

He finally turned his head to look at me. He didn't need to speak. His eyes said it all. Brian didn't want to say a fucking word. He knew he would be in deep shit.

"Brian, we could probably live a normal family life if we told the truth. Don't you want that? Because I want that more than anything..."

Brian set his spatula down and pointed it at me. "Let me talk to him first. That way I can take the brunt end of it and you will still have a brother. This is kinda my fa-."

"What the FUCK, Em!" Zack ran into the kitchen looking pissed off. His hair was soaking wet and droplets fell down his face.

"Oh fuck." I slipped myself between Brian and the counter using Brian as my barrier. Brian looked down at me, a smirk on his lips. God I wanted to kiss him right now. I leaned my head against his chest. “Protect me.” I whispered.

“Don’t hide behind Syn!” He shook his hair like a wet dog. “Your kid is just like you. Fucking, waking me up to water!” Zack walked closer to me but Brian blocked him from reaching me.

Jimmy came bouncing into the kitchen looking livelier than I had seen him in a while. He had Owen on his hip. “Here’s a fucking towel. Shut the fuck up.” Jimmy set Owen on the chair next to Jade at the table.

Owen’s brown eyes widened with shock. I knew what was coming next. Owen stood up on the chair and poked Jimmy in the chest. “Look at me you big tree!” He grabbed Jimmy’s cheeks and made him look him in the eyes. “We don’t say bad words in this house!”

Brian and I couldn’t contain our laughter. I slipped away from Brian now that Zack wasn’t trying to attack me. I giggled in the process of walking over to Owen. I hi-five him and look Jimmy in the eyes with the best pouty face I can muster up. “Yeah, you big tree. We don’t say bad words!”
Jimmy rolled his eyes. "I'm sooooo sorry Owen. One day when you're older you will love those words because your name is Owen and that's my middle name and I can already tell you're gonna take after your Uncle." He ruffled Owen's dark hair.

“I hope not.” I teased.

"Shut up Em, I am the best!” He chuckled. “Syn, are you cooking?" He cringed "I'm not eating anything that, that fu-" he stopped himself from cussing receiving a nod of approval from Owen.

"I'm not eating anything he makes."

Brian glared. "Dude, fuck you. At least I didn't burn down a damn kitchen when I was a teenager unlike some asshole."

Owen jumped off of his stool and ran over to Brian to scold him much like he did to Jimmy, but I could see more disappoint in his eyes he was completely let down whenever Brian did something he didn’t approve of. "Ei huonoja sanoja, Isä."

Brian eyes dropped to his miniature self. "I have no idea what you are saying kiddo."

I tried to intervene knowing exactly what Owen said, but before I could speak Owen was already speaking.

"I said, no bad words, daddy!"

"Sorry." Brian laughed. "I forgot."

And just like that the room went deathly silent. Owen had spilled the beans before Brian and I got the chance too.

Jimmy's face turned serious. The look in his eyes terrified me. I've never seen this look before. "What the fuck?" He said. He started walking towards Brian but Zack and I stood in between them. "Fuck you." He spit out.

He turned around and stormed out of the kitchen making sure to slam the front door shut when he exited.

Jade stood from her seat slightly glaring at me as I started after Jimmy. "No." She said grabbing mt shoulder. "You’ve done enough for the day. I'll go."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts?