Status: Something new I am trying out.

What Have You Done

I kept the secret too long it burned at the very core of me. I spent restless nights wondering how I was going to explain everything to my family and friends. It had been over four years since my son and I moved in with my Aunt in Finland. I didn’t want to move back to Huntington but I knew it wasn’t fair to make Brian fly to see his son every six months. I knew that Owen was starting to need him more and more. He’d cry for his father as he left and it shattered Brian every damn time. They needed each other and Owen deserved to know his Uncles and Aunts up close and personal. He deserved to know his grandparents as well.

The only catch was that Brian and I had held this secret for years. It had been so long that we no longer knew how to tell anyone that Brian was the father Brian was twenty-three and I was only seventeen when I got pregnant. We couldn’t tell people in fear that Brian would be put in prison by my parents, or have the band split when my brother Jimmy found out about the complete betrayal of his best friend and little sister.

All I knew was that I was in for the scariest ride of my life, but we were ready to come clean.

This is placed in 2007-2009