Status: This may be a one chapter let's just see enjoy!

The Gift.

Chapter 2.

Chapter 2.

Although Gotham was a city that was known for its smog, some crummy citizens along with the industrial smell of sulfur, it did have its beauty that went along within the atmosphere like Metropolis. For one thing, besides birds and bats that would sometimes come out of their hiding places due to the type of weather conditions, doves were also an acception especially when the season of Spring would make its appearance. A young pearly white turtle dove was seen flying along with the wind flapping its wings gracefully like a small feather that would float carelessly to wherever it would fall not caring but wanting to keep going through the great unknown where the possibilities were endless beyond belief.

As it landed on top of the window sill on the upper part of the Manor, it could see the young girl in her sad state yet with her little legs up to her chin while still clutching the attempted wrapped gift protectively in her arms as though she was wishing and hoping that a miracle would happen any time now. Not giving a second thought, it soon used its beak to tap onto the window gently but just loud enough for her to hear.

Sure enough, raising her head up, and getting a closer look, she gazed in wonder at the little flying creature that stood on the sill where it would be able to see her fully. She smiled a small but genuine smile in return witnessing her little friend who was doing a good job of observing her from top to bottom. Maddie always loved doves due to hearing so many good stories about them from Dick, Barbara, and Alfred that she wanted to keep one for a pet but with their kind being such a rare occurence in Gotham, the chances of having them were slim to none.

She soon waved. "Hello there little dove, My name is Madalina but you can call me Maddie which I really like a lot. How are you? I'm sure you must be very tired from your long flight just to rest and relax your wings. Would you like to come inside?" The bird studied her for just a moment longer before it could fully register what she was about to do; before she had the chance to open the window, something strange happened. Instead of waiting, it soon came through like magic which had startled her but not to a point where she would drop the box. She continued to stare with yet another surprise waiting in store.

"Greetings Madalina, my name is Aurora, I am known as the dove of peace, purity, and harmony. It is a great honor to meet you there and I will happily oblige into whatever it is that you command and I will make ot happen."

The little Wayne female couldn't believe her eyes. First the dove could come in like she was a ghost, plus could talk like a normal human being? What other surprises that she had in store that awaited her? Finally, gulping down the last remaining saliva that she had as well as finding her voice, she then began to speak.

"You can talk?" She asked but mentally kicked herself knowing that it was a stupid question bit she couldn't help it, after all she was only 5 years old and most kids her age were very curious always wanting to know the world around them how things worked and what they did in order for them to work properly. But the dove never rejected her question; instead, she nodded.

"Yes dear, I can and do not ever think that you were asking such an illiterate question, it is the mind of children that are most curious. I have seen you in your sorrowful woe and I was sent to you to help you make you better in your time of need. Now tell me, what ever is the matter?"

Maddie blinked twice wondering if she would tell her story, if the dove would get bored and would fly away but seeing that she was patient enough to listen, she no longer hesitated and soon began.

For the first 10 minutes, the young girl told the creature everything from her having two dads, to her school with them making gifts for the parents, to the arguement that she was hearing, Aurora had paid full undivided attention with listening ears never interrupting the child or telling her to hurry up at all.

"Most of the time they will yell at each-other or will not speak until the next day or a couple days later. So I made them a gift to show how much I love them both very much; I don't like it when they fight a lot. I just don't know how to give it to them without being caught in the middle."

Suddenly, flashes of sparkles were seen everywhere as Maddie was trying to register what was happening around her. Pretty soon, Aurora, who had now turned into a giant version of herself, glanced towards her indicating to get on her back. Not taking any chances being apart of the Bat family that she was in, Maddie soon followed her instructions as she got on her back and started to fly away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy everybody!