You Leave Me With a Dangerous Taste

Seven

I would love to say that I could still control myself around Alex whenever we saw each other, but it wasn’t all that easy. If he’d have time before work, we’d have sex, if he’d come home early, we’d have sex, and if he left early and came back late, I’d make dinner and we’d have sex afterward. I was addicted to him. I couldn’t imagine what it would be like if I went a day without my fix.

It was another day where I was waiting for him to come home since he left immediately after I arrived. I just distracted myself by playing with Will and doing some household work. Although I did initially only come over to be a nanny, I now also did a lot of cooking and all the laundry. The only thing I didn’t need to do was actually clean up the house, which I honestly hated doing.

Every evening, I still came back to Jack. Although I did eat dinner with Alex and Will more often than not, I still went home. Jack didn’t suspect a thing. He’d be waiting in the living room until I got home unless I warned him that I was going to be late. I just did my best to make sure I never came back as late as I had done that first night. It would have been way too suspicious if that happened on a regular basis.

For some reason, Alex started paying me more. I told him there was no need to, that I already got more from him than I ever had expected, but he insisted. He claimed that it was because I didn’t just look after Will, but also did other stuff around the house. Something told me, though, that our affair had something to do with it. It was too much of a coincidence for it not to be.

I had just finished folding the freshly washed linen that came from Alex’s bed. Although I originally did only do William’s stuff, I thought it was my responsibility also to make sure Alex’s bed was nice and clean. Even if it was only because I also spent a fair amount of time in it as well. I just had never actually slept in it except for the first time we slept together.

My hair was up in its ponytail again as I walked out of the laundry room, which was on the ground floor, and went to the foyer where the stairs were. Whenever I actually did work or played with William, I made sure that my hair was still out of my face. I couldn’t stand it getting in the way when I was bending over to collect the laundry from the washing machine, nor did I want to risk William accidentally pulling on my hair. It had happened more often than not at my previous jobs. However, as soon as Alex came back home, I would pull the hair tie out and ruffle it a bit to make it look messy. It was how he liked it.

This time, I could hear him enter the house just before I walked into the foyer. So, I stopped in the hallway just before and tugged the hair tie out, shaking my head from side to side so it would look a little untamed.

To my surprise, Alex wasn’t the only one who was stood on the large circular carpet. He had brought two friends along. There were two other men whose attention I immediately got when I entered the corner of their eyes. They looked at me in both surprise and confusion. Their reasons were probably very different from each other, as I knew one of them quite well.

“Paisley?” The man whose name I knew was Zack Merrick asked despite knowing for a fact that it was me. It was more a reaction that showed recognition and surprisal than anything. “I haven’t seen you in ages!”

“You guys know each other?” Alex inquired, his jaw tightening and body going rigid. He did not seem happy and was trying to hide it.

“Yeah,” Zack nodded in excitement and gestured to me, “her brother’s my best friend. I’m his son’s godfather, actually.”

Alex nodded, his muscles slowly losing tension. He couldn’t actually be jealous, could he? He knew that I had been with Jack ever since I moved here, and he knew I had never slept with anybody. Obviously, Zack wasn’t a threat in any way. It would have never happened, he was seven years older. But then again, I was sleeping with Alex, who was ten years older than me…

“Oh, this is Tom’s sister!” The other guy exclaimed, putting one and one together. Only, I had no idea who he was. He obviously knew my brother, even if it was just by name and some basic details. I later found out that his name was Rian and that he worked as a producer.

“What are you doing here?” Zack continued to ask me. “You can’t be the girl looking after Will… didn’t you get that scholarship?”

I shook my head softly, still tightly holding onto the sheets in my hands. “No… well, yes. But it was only a partial scholarship, so it didn’t really change anything.”

The look Alex was giving me was shooting shivers down my spine. I wasn’t sure what to make of it. On one hand, he looked like he was about to sweep me off my feet and up into his bedroom, but on the other there was also sympathy. I was almost afraid he would offer to pay for my tuition just because we were having an affair. I was not the person to have a sugar daddy. Besides, he was way too young for that.

“Oh, sorry…” Zack frowned, understanding that it was a slightly sensitive subject, especially since my brother had dropped out himself when he was in his second year despite being financed by my grandparents, meaning I couldn’t go anymore--I was only thirteen when I knew that college wasn’t an option for me unless I got a full scholarship. “But what about you and Jack. You still getting married?”

“The intention is to do so…” I carefully nodded, my gaze briefly moving over to Alex, seeing his face harden again. “But right now we’re first trying to build up a budget before we start planning.”

Before Zack could continue his questioning, Alex jumped in and interrupted. “You never told me you were getting married.” He threw his keys on the usual table and started in the direction of the kitchen as if it was just some simple remark.

“I guess it never came up,” I shrugged and slowly made my own way toward the stairs, knowing that this was most likely where Alex and his friends were going to separate away from me. “Plus, I usually keep my private and work life separate.”

He hummed in response as if the answer wasn’t even a little bit important to him. Really, I didn’t think it mattered. Even if Jack and I weren’t engaged, it should have been obvious to him that we were going to be at some point. Hell, I had been together with Jack for over five years. Of course, it would seem like he was the one that I would spend the rest of my life with. It shouldn’t have been a surprise to Alex.

After that, he disappeared into the backyard with his friends and I went upstairs to put away the linen and check up on William. He was sleeping soundly in his bed when I opened the door without making it creak. Since I couldn’t do anything but let him sleep for longer, I went back downstairs to find something else to do.

When I saw that there were still dishes to do in the kitchen, I decided to get my hands a little dirty. The only reason they weren’t in the dishwasher was that they were made out of plastic that would deform. I had barely saved them earlier that morning when Alex nearly made the mistake of putting them in. I just thought it was stupid they still made stuff like that.

While I was scrubbing the plastic cup with some diluted dish soap, I could look out of the window, a nice view in front of me. The three men were no longer dressed the same way as before, their normal clothes replaced by some swimming shorts. Yes, I knew Zack was quite muscled, as was Rian, or so I could see, but they weren’t what I kept staring at. Alex was standing in front of the two beach chairs, only his shorts covering his lower body.

I could practically see the beadlets of sweat forming on his chest as the hot sun beamed down on his skin. The image of perspiration forming on him as we got close to each other was the only thing on my mind. If only I could storm outside and have him take me right there and then.

But all I could do was watch him from afar. I bit the inside of my lip, only imagining the things he could do to me. My scrubbing slowed down to sensual strokes as if I was able to run my fingers from his collarbones all the way down to his waistband. The need inside me started pulsing again, the same need I always got when I was around him.

He looked to the side, causing us to make eye contact through the window. I held his gaze, biting my lip a little more to show him what exactly was going through my mind at the moment. While a smirk started forming on his lips, I swiftly turned around and sauntered to the hallway to which the laundry room was connected.

I waited there for Alex to find me.

When he finally did, I was leaned up against the wall. He walked right up to me, put one hand against the wall and looked down at me. I could feel the heat radiating off his skin, both from the sun and from his natural warmth. It nearly smothered me.

“God, you’re driving me crazy,” he grumbled, just inches away from me.

“Hmm, why’s that?” I decided to play innocent, tugging a little at the pink strap of my floral sundress.

He came a little closer, his voice full of frustration. “Cause you’ve been walking around here in this sexy little dress acting all cute and shit. All I want to do is rip it off you and fuck you senseless.”

“Would you like me to put on different clothes from now on, Mr. Gaskarth?”

A growl formed in his throat at the sound of me calling him by his last name. “I told you to stop calling me that. It turns me on way too fucking much.”

“You really swear a lot when you’re sexually frustrated, don’t you?” I reached up and let my fingers run through his thick brown locks, tugging a little on it to tease him even more. He needed to feel the same torture he was making me go through.

“Zack and Rian are staying over for dinner, so tell that little fiancé of yours that you’re not going to be home until late. I have a late night meeting to go to.”

“Of course, Mr. Gaskarth.” It was my turn to smirk as I pushed myself away from the wall and strutted away without giving Alex anything he wanted.

That was for later that evening.