Status: DISCLAIMER: started this story literal years ago, updates will be slow lol

The Crazee Life

Chapter 5

I almost froze when I realized it was Kady on the other line. Not only was I slightly afraid of Kady now, I was pissed. How dare she put a hit out on me? After one measly fight. This bitch must have lost her mind. Obviously, I didn't have shit to worry about because I am Ash. Of course, she didn't know that. She also didn't know that I had lost respect for her.
"This is Ash... got the shotgun blast for that ass, how may I help you?"

She kinda whispered. "Hi, Ash. Uh, my name is Kady. Uh, I have a bit of a problem on my hands. See, my girl has this friend, her name is Wynn. I swear she wants my girl and she just doesn't know her limits!" seethed Kady. Wait, so this bitch called to put a hit on Wynn? Oh, hell no. She's as much a sister to me as Britt and Joey. I would go to the same lengths to protect her.
"Yeah, okay."
"How soon can I meet with you to discuss this further?"
"Ooh, that's a tough one. I'm all backed up right now, so it may be a while."
"Shit! Fine, I guess I can deal with her for a little longer."
"Excuse me, miss, I have another call. Goodbye."
After hanging up the phone, I had a big urge to slap this girl silly. How dare she try to sneak something like this under my nose?!

I was still seething with anger when I heard Wynn call me into the kitchen.
"Zee!!"
"Yes?"
"Uh.... Kady just invited me to go to the mall with her next Friday... what did you put this bitch up to?"

"What?" I asked. She showed me her phone.

Hey girl, sorry for the way I acted. I was being crazy. How bout we go to the mall Friday? Saw this shirt that would be real cute for you

This bitch had some nerve. Either she was waiting for Ash to become available, or she would do the job herself.

"You're not gonna go, are you?"
"Hell, no. She ain't liked me since she first saw me, ain't no way in hell she had a change of heart this quick."
"Good. Anyway, you know my sister's birthday party is on the way, right? I want you to come with us to the spot. I already asked Kady but she's being a fucking psycho. My sister loves you just as much as her. Can you get out of work?
"Man, I'll try, but I can't make any promises. But you just let Britt know I have a very special surprise for her."
"Aight." I say.

The next morning, I headed over to Home Depot to see if I could scope out this Jermaine Collins dude, and hell, if his girl was with him, she could get laid out, too.

It was him, by himself, holding a couple bags. This was a perfect time to get him now. It was dark, plus I had time to clean up the scene.

I pulled up to the scene, first making sure there were no cameras in the storefront. I rush out of the car to pretend to be a damsel in distress. "Hey, man, you got a jumper cable?" I asked.
He laughs. "What the hell is this, little mama?"
"I need... a jumper cable, sir. Do you have one?"
"Yeah, hold on. But.... why do you look so... hard?"
"I have on a sweatsuit. I don't understand how this makes me 'hard'."
"You look like you deal with girls exclusively."
I stood there with a straight face.
"Interesting observation, sir, but all I need is a jump for my car. Can you please help me?"
"Ain't no thang." he says, getting something, a cable, I assume. As he walks ahead of me to my car, I shout, "It's the black Pickup."
He turns his head to search for the pickup, and I aim my pistol at his head and let off one single shot.

All I heard was a grunt, and then a thud. He had fallen. I ran over to where he was and put him in the back of the pickup I mentioned. It was a car that Baxter got from a couple of his friends at a chop shop.

I had trouble with lifting Jermaine, but eventually I got him in the back of the pickup. I covered his body with tarp, in hopes that nobody would find it suspicious.

Later on that day, I was smoking a blunt as I relayed all the details to Priest. I explained how Jermaine had questioned me, to how I killed him, to how I disposed of him. I also told her how I had to return to the crime scene, which I never do, to wash his blood away. I told her about how I had to get rid of another truck, in the middle of nowhere. I felt real bad about what I did, but only to the girlfriend. She hadn't directly done anything to Baxter, and she had a dude who worked two jobs. Sure enough he went back in the closet, but as far as she knew, he was great. Eeeeven though he basically tried to call me out for being so "hard". I still had to kill somebody, it was how I made my living. Money over bitches, money over him, too! Shit.

Priest shakes her head. "Dang, God is gon' have a lot to say to you at judgement day."

"Look, both of y'all know why I do what I do. I don't enjoy it, it's just how I live. Kill or be killed. Shit."

"Zee, I don't mean to sound judgemental, okay? I have flaws too. God sees that, yes, but you really need to look inside yourself and see if you absolutely need to harm others to make a living. I told you before, create your own business. You have sisters to take care of when your mom is no longer able to! Think about Kady!"

"Ugh. Speaking of Kady, she called Ash's phone. Do you know how long it took me to calm down after that? She wanted me to kill one of my best friends!"

Priest's eyes widen. "Dang. God will get her, too. I just really want us all to get right before Judgement Day."

I rolled my eyes. Priest and all this religious talk was getting on my damn nerves. I wasn't sure if it was because I felt guilty, or because it was bullshit. Either way, I just needed one day without hearing of a higher power wanting to destroy me. Shit.