Sequel: Blue on Black
Status: Comments = Frequent Updates

A Welcome Burden

Chapter 20: Crashed

You'd think that after 3 weeks the bad feeling would have gone away but it hasn't. It's only gotten stronger and worse even though nothing has happened. I've made sure to keep my senses open but nothing seems out of order. Maybe it's just my mind over thinking everything. I mean it is getting close to the date when Logan and I first met in that bar and when I had escaped that facility. Maybe that's it! My nerves seemed to calm at the reassurance of that thought. Logan pulled the truck into a gas station before stopping at a empty pump and shutting down the engine.

"Here take this and get us something to drink and tell them I need $40 on 11." I nodded my head as Logan handed me some money. I got out of the truck and walked to the building.

I found the drink station pretty quickly and took 2 styrophom cups from their holders. I filled them both halfway with ice. My eyes scanned over the selection of sodas. I knew Logan would want Coke so I filled the first cup up and placed a lid onĀ and straw in it. They didn't have any kind of Gatorade so I opted for a Pepsi. The lid snapped onto the cup and I inserted the straw through the hole in the lid. I took the drinks to the counter where the cashier gave me a friendly smile.

"Will this be all for you tonight?"

"40 on pump 11 please." I said and the man rung me up. I paid him and left the store.

I got back into the truck placing our drinks in the cup holder as Logan finishes up pumping the gas. He gets back into the truck giving me a quick peck on the lips before heading back on the road to another unknown location.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~


It was getting close to dusk as Logan drove us down this crazy curved road. I couldn't keep myself from sliding in the seat so I reached back for the seatbelt and clipped myself into the seat.

"Logan will you please put your seatbelt on?" I asked looking over at him. Logan took his eyes off the road to clip the seatbelt and I looked up seeing a large tree falling into the road.

"Logan look out!" I yelled. Logan slammed on the brakes but it did no good. The front end of the truck slammed into the downed tree sending Logan flying through the glass of the windshield.

My body went forward and my head smashed against the dash. I felt the intense pain despite my metal skeleton. I grabbed my head as I sat up. My vision was blurry but it didn't take long for it to even out and I saw the small billowing of smoke coming from the smashed hood. I spotted Logan a few feet away not moving.

"Logan!" I yelled but he never moved. I reached down and pressed the button to release the seatbelt but it was stuck. I let one of my metal claws unshealth from my knuckles and I cut through the metal releasing me from the entrapment. I kicked open the door and quickly went over to Logan.

"Logan? Logan are you okay?" I asked while shaking him. He stirred slightly and I shook him once more.

"Logan talk to me!" I said frightened. Logan looked up at me and I helped him stand.

"Damn what a ride."

"Are you okay?" I asked as I looked him over. He had a small gash on his forehead but it healed quickly.

"How in the hell did that tree fall?" Logan questioned as he looked over at the tree. It looked like it was knocked down.

The wind kicked up and my nose caught the scent of someone. It was the same scent from the Sonic. Suddenly a figure jumped out of the trees and knocked Logan and I away from each other. I shook the cobweb feeling from my head as I watched Logan. He had his metal claws out and fighting the large man until he was knocked down again.

The man stood over Logan with long claws sprouting from his fingertips. By the time I got to my feet he had his hands around my boyfriend's neck. Anger surged through me and my wolf was unleashed. I snarled and growled before launching myself at the man like I had launched at that wolf many months ago. My teeth sunk into the man's shoulder and he let out a howl of pain. I thrashed my head around like a dog playing with a chew toy.

Before I could release my hold, his other hand grabbed me and slung me off. I hit the ground with a painful thump. This gave Logan enough time to get back up and go on the attack but he was completely overpowered and thrown into the glass windshield. I raced back at the man and he swatted me away. This time I hit a large rock on the side of the road.

The impact made me yelp out in pain and my vision began to blur again as the wind picked up. The sky changed from sunny to rumbling thunder and shooting lightning in an instant. Just before my body gave out on me from the pain I caught a glimpse of someone pulling Logan off of the now burning truck.
♠ ♠ ♠
**So this is the final chapter! I hope you all enjoyed and I should have the sequel up in a few days. It will be called Blue On Black. Thank you everyone who read this and commented.**