‹ Prequel: A Welcome Burden
Status: Please comment!

Blue on Black

Chapter 15: Trouble in Paradise

This short weekend trip Logan and I had planned for Charlie has been quite the excitement. She's enjoyed every ride and we've won her a lot of prizes but now the fun is over and we're headed back to the mansion. Night had fallen when we arrived back to the mansion. On the way Charlie had fallen asleep so I carried the little girl to her room while Logan took the bags to our room. I laid her down on the bed and took off her shoes before pulling the covers over her. She never once stirred in her sleep as I left the room. Logan stood at our door and I went over to him.

"I think she had fun."

"She did. I know I did too." I said wrapping my arms around him.

"Wanna get something to drink in the kitchen?" I nodded my head and followed hand in hand with Logan as we walked through the halls of the mansion towards the kitchen.

When we entered into the kitchen, one of the students, Bobby or IceMan, is sitting at the island bar with a bowl of ice cream in front of him.

"Does anyone sleep around here?" Logan questioned as he grabbed a soda from the cabinet.

"Only during class." I couldn't help but snort out a laugh. Logan popped open the tops of our sodas before handing them to Bobby. If you haven't figured out why he's called IceMan...well he can freeze things or make them as cold as ice.

"Thanks." I said as he handed the drinks over to us. Logan took a long swig of the drink downing half of it. I took a sip as I took the only seat left at the island.

"How long have you been here?" Logan asked Bobby trying to make small talk to break the short silence.

"A couple of years."

"And your parents just sent you off to mutant school?" He inquired and I smirked. I knew exactly what was coming next.

"Actually, my parents think this is a prep school." Bobby informed my boyfriend as he placed another scoop of ice cream into his mouth.

"I see."

"Well I suppose lots of prep schools have their own dorms, campuses...jets." That small sarcastic comment earned me looks from both of the guys but I put a simple smile on my face, "So how are you and Rogue?" I said changing the subject.

"We're doing good despite a few things we haven't figured out how to do. I'd like it to be easy but it's just...it's just that it's not easy when you wanna be closer to someone but you can't. I mean you and Logan surely do things at night."

"Excuse me?" Logan chimed in with a cock of his brow.

"Nothin'." I shook my head before tipping my bottle of soda up to drink but I stopped as I heard a strange noise in the distance.

"What is it Chey?" I set my soda down and sniffed the air before letting out a low growl.

"Someone's here."

"Stay here." Logan said as he brought out his adamantium claws and sniffed the air as well. As Logan disappeared around the corner into another hallway off of the kitchen, my ears picked up soft footsteps before a man dressed in tactical gear carrying a gun rounded the entrance Logan and I used to come into the kitchen. Bobby stood to his feet and I stepped in front of him.

"Who the fuck are you?" I said as I took in his scent. All at once Logan came from behind and grabbed the man.

"You picked the wrong house bub." Suddenly an earpiercing screech came from one of the rooms of the mansion making all of us cover our ears.

The gunman raised his gun and began firing and I pulled Bobby down to the ground taking cover as a hail of bullets rained through the kitchen. As quick as the screeching came it went away and an animalistic yell came from Logan. I peaked over the counter to see him retracting his metal blades out of the man's chest.

"You two alright?"

"We're fine Logan but we've got to get the others to safety." Logan, Bobby, and I left the kitchen and ran through the mansion. I had to get Charlie.

I broke off from the group and headed over to the rooms we occupied. I turned the corner where the rooms we located to hear a scream. I growled and unleashed my wolf form. I ran to Charlie's room where a man had grabbed her. I grabbed onto his back with my long claws and jerked him away. I threw him with such force he crashed through the wall.

"Mom what's going on?!" Charlie asked as I transformed back to my human form.

"I don't know. Come we must go." I took Charlie's hand and we rushed out of her room. I led the way as we took the same route I had took all the while I slashed through the men who had invaded the mansion.

Charlie and I turned into another corridor that was close to the main part of the mansion as Logan was handing off an unconscious boy to another one of the students.

"Logan!" I shouted and his head turned in my direction. He immediately came to our side and hugged me.

"I thought I lost you both."

"That's one thing you ain't gotta worry about." I said with a smile.

"Well well well isn't this just so heartwarming." I froze in place as the familiar man's voice echoed into my ears. I slowly turned around keeping Charlie between Logan and I.

"Quite frankly I'm surprised that a school would let two animals in." Stryker leaned to the side looking at Charlie and I put a protective arm in front of her, "Excuse me. Make that 3 animals." I sent a deep threatening growl to the bastard as he spoke about my daughter.

"Who the fuck are you?" Logan asked in confusion.

"I'm shocked that you don't remember me Wolverine. Maybe you should ask Cheyenne who I am." I let my set of sharp claws grow from my fingers as my growl got deeper and more intimidating. My shift got closer to coming but before I could act a sheet of thick ice formed right in front of us separating me from the fucker who tortured me.

"No!" I yelled as slashed the ice with my sharp talons. The ice was only scratched.

"Logan, Chey come on. We gotta go!" I looked behind me as Rogue, Bobby, and John looked out of a secret escape door. I turned my attention back to the thick wall of ice Bobby had made and I watched the silhouettes move about.

"Babe come on. We've got to be out of here." Logan said breaking me from my stare. I followed Logan as he took my hand and we went into the secret tunnel that led to the garage. Once we got to the garage, I led them over to my car and they all got in. I started up the Hemi engine and sped off the grounds.
♠ ♠ ♠
**Oof! Lots of drama going down! Stick around because the 3rd update of the night is coming right now!