‹ Prequel: A Welcome Burden
Status: Please comment!

Blue on Black

Chapter 16

"What the hell was that back there?" John asked as he leaned up from the backseat.

"Stryker. His name is Stryker."

"Who is he?" Bobby and Rogue questioned in unison.

"Let's just say he's someone you dont wanna meet of you value life." With that being said I continued to drive aimlessly not sure as to where we should go.

"I hate uncomfortable silences."

"What are you doing?" Logan asked before my choice of heavy metal blasted through the speakers which made me turn it off.

"Sit back."

"Where are we going?" Rogue asked.

"Storm and Jean are in Boston. We'll head that way."

"My parents live in Boston." Bobby informed.

"Good." I brought up my GPS and had Bobby type in the address to his parents house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I kept my foot to the firewall of my car's engine and drove all night. By the time we got to Bobby's parents house, night had become day. I parked my car at the curb and we all piled out. We all followed as Bobby unlocked the front door.

"Mom? Dad? Ronny? Is anybody home?" Bobby yelled out but no one answered, "Come on Rogue. I'll try and find you some clothes. Don't burn anything."

"Mom are we gonna alright?"

"Of course we are. We're safe now." I said as she hugged my waist.

"Chey do you have your cell? It might be a good idea to let Storm and Jean know what's going on."

"I left my cell at the mansion but Storm gave me this. It's supposed to be connected to the jet." I said pulling a locator/high tech com to my boyfriend. Logan pressed the side of it as he walked into the kitchen.

"Hello?" I listened as he kept repeating hello. I guess they aren't in the jet. I sighed to myself as Logan placed the device into his shirt pocket as Rogue and Bobby came back down the stairs.

"Ronny, next time you..." The sound of the man's voice as the front door opened made us all look, "Who the hell are you?" A man, woman, and a teenage boy came through the door into the house with looks of confusion.

"Aren't you supposed to be at school?" His mother, I assume, asked her son.

"Bobby, who are these people?"

"This is Professor Logan and Professor Chey." Bobby looked at us as if to say play along before turning back to face his parents, "There's something I need to tell you."

"What is it sweety?" The mother said with concern on her voice.

"Are you in trouble? Is that why your Professors are here?"

"No dad. Please let's sit down." Bobby said as he went over to the couch and sat down. His parents and brother followed suit.

"Bobby tell us what's going on."

"What I'm about to tell you will...shock you." Bobby started as Rogue sat down beside him.

"You got kicked out right? Is this what this is all about?"

"Honey let him speak. Go ahead son." Bobby's dad chimed in.

"No I wasn't kicked out but the prep school...it's not an actual prep school." Bobby's parents looks at him in confusion and he sighed, "I'm a mutant. The school I go to is for mutants." The room went absolutely silent as his parents took in this information about their eldest son as their teenage son stormed upstairs in a huff. To fill in the awkward silence, John began flipping his Zippo lighter open and close.

"When did you first know you were a...a mutant?" Bobby's mother asked curiously.

"Would you cut that out?" John immediately stopped making the noise with his lighter and placed it back into his pocket.

You have to understand. We thought Bobby was going to a school for the gifted." The mother said.

"Bobby is gifted."

"We know. We just didn't realise..." His father looked at us as we stared back at his mother. I knew what was coming next.

"We still love you, Bobby. It's just this mutant problem is a little..."

"What mutant problem?" I interjected.

"What exactly are you professors of?"

"I teach Art. Logan teaches students self defense." I lied.

"You should see what Bobby can do." Rogue nudged her boyfriend and he cupped his hand over the coffee table in front of them. A small light shined out before he removed his hand to reveal a small sculpture of a rose.

"I can do a lot more than that." Bobby smiled proudly but the looks on his parents faces was definitely something I was familiar with but they were trying hard to hide it.

"This is all my fault." The mother whispered but not quietly enough.

"Actually it's males that carry the mutant gene
and pass it on..so it's his fault."

"John." I said shaking my head. He just rolled his eyes at me. Suddenly a beeping sounded and I knew it was the com device. Logan took the device from his shirt pocket and excused himself.

"Have you tried not being a mutant?"

"What's wrong with him being the way he is?" I questioned.

"I'm sorry I don't mean to offend you but this is all new to us. What we've been hearing from news reports is that mutants are dangerous."

"Some of them are. It all depends on how they want to live." I explained.

"Guys we need to go now."

"Logan, what's going on?" I inquired as he came over to us. My eyes scanned to the back porch where he had came in and saw police surround the house.

I grabbed Charlie's hand and we walked out the front door only to see dozens of cop cars blocking our way. Logan's claws had pierced through his knuckles ready for a fight.

"Drop the knives and put your hands in the air." We all looked to the left and right to see police officers pointing their guns at us.

"What's going on here?"

"Ronny." Bobby said and I sighed. Of course it would be his brother who calls the cops.

"I said drop the knives!"

"I can't. Look." Logan said. He lifted his arms slowly out in front of him before shealthing them but a trigger happy cop shot him in the head as they disappeared. Rogue and Charlie gasped but I knew he would get up.

"The rest of you on the ground now." Rogue, Bobby, and John looked at me and I nodded my head. We all slowly raised our hands and got down on our knees except for John.

"Kid, I said on the ground. We don't wanna hurt you, kid."

"You know all those dangerous mutants you hear about on the news?" I watched as John pulled his lighter from his pocket before sparking the wick on fire, "I'm one of them."

"John don't!" I yelled as he threw a fireball to the left and right shoving the officers off the porch.

We watched as John produced fireball after fireball and threw them at the cars making them burst into flames. The sneer noise from the blasts was enough to wake Logan and he got to his feet dumbfounding the officers who took cover. As the cars burned the wind began to pick up and the jet appeared. We moved through the crowded area of burning cars before getting onto the jet. I put Charlie into one of the seats and strapped her in before I noticed another mutant I had never seen.

"Who the hell is this?" Logan asked before I could.

"Kurt Wagner. In the circus I was known as The Incredible Nightcrawler."

"Save it. Storm?" He said as we strapped into the seats.

"We're outta here." The jet rumbled a bit as it lifted into the air and we flew away from Bobby's home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"How far are we?" I asked 10 minutes into our flight back to the mansion.

"We're actually coming up on the mansion now." As Storm said this a beeping sound filled the jet, "I've got two signals approaching. Coming in fast." I leaned up in my seat to see 2 military F16s flying close beside us.

Unidentified aircraft, you are ordered to descend to 20,000 feet and return with our escort to Hanscom Air Force Base. You have ten seconds to comply.

"Wow. Somebody's angry." Jean commented.

"I wonder why." We all looked at John.

[iWe are coming up alongside you to escort you to Hanscom Air Force Base. Lower your altitude now. Repeat: Lower your altitude to 20,000 feet. This is your last warning.

I didn't feel the plane descend as Jean and Storm looked at each other.

"They're falling back." Aother beeping sounded before Storm spoke in a frightened tone, "They're marking us. They're gonna fire. Hang on!" Storm turned the plane to the side using maneuvers to outsmart the pilots of the fighter jets.

"I gotta shake 'em." Storm steered the plane up and down before going into a corkscrew motion as the fighter jets tried to lock onto us again. The plane smoothed out which everyone was glad for.

"Please don't do that again." I said feeling my stomach still doing backflips.

"I agree. Don't we have any weapons in this heap?" As Logan looked around another warning alarm sounded.

"My God. There's two of 'em." Storm said. I looked at jean as she concentrated on one of missles and threw it off course causing it to explode.

"There's one more." Jean seemed to have a more difficult time with this one as Storm went back to invasive maneuvers.

"Jean?"

"Oh, God." I whispered before the missle clipped the jet and exploded blowing a hole in the roof. Rogue's seatbelt broke during the blast and she was sucked right out of the hole.

"Rogue!" Bobby yelled. I watched as the dark blue mutant detatched his seatbelt and teleported.

Seconds later he and Rogue laid on the floor of the jet while Storm tried to level the aircraft but more alarms sounded. I could see the ground get closer and closer as the seconds clicked by. Suddenly the plane began to slow down in speed.

"Jean?"

"It's not me!" She informed us before the plane came to a complete stop just feet above the ground. On the outside of the plane stood a man and a mysterious woman with blue skin and red hair. The man wore a weird looking helmet on his head as he held up his hand. At least he saved us from a quick and painless death.
♠ ♠ ♠
**I hope these three chapters tonight has made up for my absence. Anyways don't forget to leave me some comments, recommend, and subscribe!