‹ Prequel: A Welcome Burden
Status: Please comment!

Blue on Black

Chapter 5: Show Her

Each day that passed, I would stand for hours on end waiting for Logan to come through that iron gate. Those days eventually turned into weeks. The weeks turned into months. Finally those months turned to a whole year since Logan left and has yet to come back.

Everytime the mail comes in, I get a glimpse of hope that Logan has sent a letter telling me about his travels but that little glimmer of hope fades when I recieve nothing. Storm tries to reassure me that he'll be back but it's been far too long. He probably found out my secret and doesn't want to have anything more to do with me. I sighed as I laid down in the grass resting my head on my paws.

When Logan hadn't returned during the sixth month since he left, I started transforming into my other animal forms. I first started with the bear then the tiger and lioness before ending with the Cougar.

Cheyenne, can you please come to my office?

The Professor spoke into my mind. I got to my paws and walked back to the mansion. The other kids and teens had gotten use to my presence in the time I've been here that they just walk freely around me. I shifted back to my human form once my feet touched the pavement. A boy about 16 held the door open for me as I enter. I nodded my head in thanks before heading to the Professor's office. I knocked on his somewhat hidden door.

"Come in Cheyenne." I heard through the door. I opened it slowly before walking in. Storm was here along with a little girl that couldn't be more than 8 or 9 years old.

"You wanted to see me?"

"Yes. I'd like you to meet Charlie. Charlie this is Cheyenne." The Professor said introducing us. I bent down on the child's level and held out my hand. Her little hand touched mine and I smiled.

"Hi."

"Hello. It's good to meet you. That's a very pretty dress." I said making the little girl smile and blush.

"Storm could you please wait with Charlie out in the hall while I talk to Cheyenne privately?"

"Of course Professor." Storm said taking the little girl's hand. I stood back upright as they left the room.

"Cute little girl." I commented as I sat down in one of the Professor's chairs.

"Yes she is. Cheyennes there's a reason I called you in here."

"Which would be?" I inquired.

"That little girl is just like you."

"Just like me? You mean that bastard gave her this metal shit too?" I questioned.

"No. She's a shifter with telekinesis, telepathic, and rapid regeneration that wears down over time."

"What?" I asked thinking that I didn't hear him correctly.

"You heard me correctly, Cheyenne."

"I don't understand. Why call me in here?" I questioned.

"I want you to be her friend. She thinks she's all alone and there's no one else like her out there. There's no one to teach her. I want you to show her your ways."

"My ways? I think she's a little young to be learning how to take down animals." I stated honestly. She would get hurt fast if she did.

"It's never to early to teach someone knowledge. Besides that's one thing you won't have to teach her. She already knows how to take down small things like rabbits and squirrels."

"How old is she?" I asked.

"She's 9 years old."

"What happened to her parents?" I asked curiously.

"They found out what she was while vacationing here in New York and abandoned her."

"My God." I said shaking my head.

"Yes. She needs you Cheyenne and I know you need her to take your mind off of things. Will you teach her?" I ran a hand through my fiery red hair and I thought about the little girl that was abandoned.

In some ways we are exactly the same. Both of our parents abandoned us but luckily Stryker didn't get to her. I've never had any other siblings...maybe this could be good for both of us?

"What about my work?" That's one thing I have managed with while Logan has been gone. I found me a job at a bar singing for the house band.

"You'll still be able to go to work. Storm has volunteered to watch her when you have to work." The Professor informed me.

"I'll do it Professor."

"Somehow I knew you would." He said with a smile. Maybe since I can't change my life...I can impact hers.
♠ ♠ ♠
**Any thoughts on this story so far? Please let me know in the comment section. Also don't forget to....

Recommend....

Subscribe....


Charlie:
[img]https://www.pinterest.com/pin/384494886907129507/[/img]