‹ Prequel: A Welcome Burden
Status: Please comment!

Blue on Black

Chapter 6

I left the Professor's office to see Storm sitting with the young girl just a few feet away. I casually walked over and sat down with them as they laughed.

"Well I think I'll let you two get better acquainted. I'll see you around Cheyenne." Storm said as she stood. I nodded and watched her walk away.

"So Charlie. How about you and I go to your room and I help you unpack? Your bags should be there already." I asked looking at the fragile looking child.

"Sure!" I smiled as I stood to my feet. Her hand grabbed mine immediately. As we walked I decided on giving her the same tour I had gotten a year ago.

We walked around the halls and I showed her where classes for her age group would be taught. I showed her the recreational area where kids go to play. I think her favorite place was the flower garden and the Koi Carp pond. I discovered the pond a week after being brought here. It's very beautiful. There's a small rock waterfall that creates bubbles on the surface for oxygen, tons of little plants with beautiful flowers, and of course there's the many different colors of carp.

By the time I finished giving her the tour, night had fallen and it was time for bed. Tomorrow starts her classes taught here. I led us down the long hallway where my room is. I knew the one beside me was empty so that would be perfect for her.

"This is your room." I said opening the door. We walked inside and Charlie began looking around.

"So this room is all yours. You have a pretty big closet for all your clothes, your own bathroom that's completely stocked with towels, wash cloths, shampoo, and body wash um...a dresser, and a desk to do your school work on." I explained as she excitedly looked through everything.

"This is cool. Um...where's your room?"

"Right next to yours. You better get to bed. You have school in the morning." I commented. She looked around the room once more before looking at me.

"Where's my bags?"

"I think someone already put your things away. Let's see." I went over to the dresser pulling the top drawer open. I pulled out a small nightgown and handed it to her.

"Thanks."

"Goodnight Charlie." I said heading for the door.

"Goodnight." I sent a small smile her way as I left her room and went into mine.

Once I got changed into a simple pair or shorts and a tank top, I laid down in bed. Charlie is such a sweet little girl even though her parents abandoned her like she was nothing. When she's done with school tomorrow I'm gonna find out about her abilities and show her what I can do.
♠ ♠ ♠
**Any thoughts on this chapter? Yeah I know it's short but I'm pretty sure the next chapter is gonna be a bit longer.

Please remember to...

Comment

Recommed

Subscribe!!!