Sequel: Battle Symphony
Status: This story is complete! If you liked it, be sure and read the next installment! (Coming soon)

Breaking the Habit

New Beginnings And A Perfect Ending.

-Chester-
I walked up the the door, Jack trailing close behind, and knocked.
Chauntelle opened it, “What the fuck are YOU doing here? I’m not sleeping with you again.” She sneered.
Her upper lip was swollen and bruised and I could see the missing tooth when she spoke.
“I came here to clear the air between you and I. To set things straight.” I said.
“Fine, but I’m still not sleeping with you.” She let me in, and Jack followed silently.
“Chauntelle, I know that we may have thought that there were feelings that day, but really there weren’t. It was just me using you to get back at your sister. I made a mistake, and I’m sorry I got you involved in this mess.” I said.
“It’s whatever, Chester. None of that changes the fact that my sister disfigured my face, and is a worthless bitch.” She snapped.
With that, Jack stepped into the room, “Now, I don’t care how angry you are at her, you will NOT say things like that about your sister. And I know what you said to her in her kitchen too. Chauntelle after everything your mother put Michelle through, how DARE you say things like that to her.” He gave her a look.
“Dad, I know I crossed the line, but don’t you see that she’s ruining both her life and his?” she asked.
“No. They both made a mistake, and they’re moving on. Like YOU should do.” he said.
She looked at me, “Just take care of both of them, Chester. If this is what you want, then so be it. But don’t hurt her or Brynlee. The same goes for her with you. And I’ll never forget that afternoon.” she said.
“I plan to take very good care of them, Chaun.” I said.
She sighed, “I just don’t see why you’re going to stay with her after she lied to you. A good person wouldn’t do that.” She said.
“She has her reasons, Chaun. You know that.” I replied.
“I get that, but still. That’s not something you lie about. There’s no good reason to hurt someone like that.” She said.
“Chauntelle, She-“
“Do you not understand what she took away from you?! You were a father, finally after what happened to Bailee, and she just snatched that happiness away. Sure you can forgive her for that, but I can’t. That’s wrong.” She said.
“I love her, Chaun. I always have, and always will. We’re still raising that baby as ours, nothing has changed about that.” I said slowly.
“Where is she now?” Chauntelle looked between me and Jack.
“At home with Brynlee.” I said.
“Alone??” She asked incredulously.
“Well yeah, why?” I asked.
“Because you shouldn’t trust her alone.” She said.
“Chauntelle, she can’t even have sex for six weeks. There’s nothing to worry about.” I told her.
“True, but it won’t stop her from putting a dick in her mouth.” Chauntelle said sharply.
“Chauntelle!” Jack warns.
“True, but I trust her, even though you think I shouldn’t.” I said.
“She’s a whore.” Was all she said.
“Wouldn’t be the first one I’ve fucked.” I shrugged.
They both shot me a dirty look.
“I am not talking about you, Chauntelle.” I rolled my eyes.
“Between my first wife and Michelle, I had a different girl in my bed every night, living a joyless existence of drugs, sex and alcohol until I met your sister. It’s been a hell of a fucking ride since that night, but I wouldn’t trade Michelle for anything.” I continued.
“She was doing the exact same thing until she met you. And at first I was happy for her, finally finding someone to settle down with, but as time has gone on, I’ve come to despise her for taking advantage of a good man. It’s just not fair the way she treats you, and I don’t think you should put up with it anymore.” She replied.
“I told you, I love her. And I’ve tried to forgive her mistakes, as I’ve made several of my own. Again, not JUST referring to me and you. Michelle hasn’t touched Mike since after they broke up, before she found out she was pregnant with Brynlee, and before you say it, I KNOW this for a fact and I trust that she’s not lying. She’s the love of my life, and that’s my daughter, and I’m going to take care of both of them.” I said.
“You know who I feel worst for? Brynlee. It won’t be easy growing up with a mother who’s famous for being a whore. People are going to think she’s going to be like her, and I pray to god she isn’t. I hope that Brynlee can have normal, healthy relationships, because obviously her mother can’t. I hope she ends up being a better person, but I guess I can’t hope for much from a little girl who’s going to spend her life watching her mother lay on her back for everyone. I mean, that’s what happened to Michelle, and look at her now.” She said.
“She was your mother too.” I glared at her.
“You know the story. Michelle saw things she never should have seen because of our mom. The rest of us weren’t subjected to the terrible things, and we all turned out fine.” She gave Jack a look.
“Then you know exactly why she is a bad fucking person, and yet you still want to sit here and talk about her that way. She is doing the fucking best she can with what she has. I know what happened to her, and to be frank, that’s why I refuse to give up on her. Because she got used to everyone giving up on her or leaving her, and I wasn’t about to do that to her too. I love her way too goddamn much to abandon her when she needs me most. You all turned your back on her and let her fall into the hole I found her in, and I will not drop her into another. I didn’t have it so great growing up either, and like her, everyone gave up on me, until she came along. She may have cheated on me, and she may have lied, but Michelle has NEVER given up on me. She left me after Bailee, because she didn’t want to hurt me anymore, because she loved me. And I told her to be with Mike because I knew he’d love and take care of her the way she needed and deserved. But she ended up right back where she was meant to be. With me. Maybe YOU are the one who’s like Marie, because you just don’t care, because you’d rather see her miserable than happy. I think maybe you should call your mother, Chauntelle.” I turned and walked outside, where I lit a cigarette, standing against the car.

I wiped my eyes and tried to keep it together, waiting for Jack.
My phone rang in my pocket, and I already knew who it was.
I answered it, “Hey love.” I sniffled.
“Chester, why are you crying?” The fear and concern in her voice brought more tears, and I broke down.
“I love you Michelle. So much. I don’t care what anyone thinks or says, I love you. And I’m sorry for everything you’ve had to go through.” I sobbed.
“I love you too, Chester. And everything I’ve been through has been my fault. I’m just paying the price for my choices.”
“No, what your mother did to you wasn’t your choice, Michelle. And I’m sorry that you had such a terrible human being in your life for so long.” I looked over my shoulder at the house.
“Babe that’s in the past, and I’m fine now. What happened over there?” She asked.
“A lot of shit. I’ll tell you about it later. We’re about to leave now.” I sniffled.
“Are you and Chaun on the same page now?” She asked.
“Yes and no. That’s part of the problem.” I said.
“I take it you’ll explain later.” Michelle said.
“Yeah. Where’s Brynn?” I asked.
“Asleep. I was just finishing laundry.” She said.
“I’ll be home soon. I love you, babe.”
“I love you too, baby.” She replied.

A minute or so later, Jack came down the walkway.
I looked at him, “I know Jack. What I said was fucked up. But you know that I’m not wrong.” I stepped on my cigarette.
“Very fucked up, but every word was the truth. We did give up on her. All of us. Letting her run around the city drinking, doing drugs, and sleeping around, was our fault for not being there for her when she needed us. Forcing her to take birth control was the only way I could control her, and prevent her from ruining someone else’s life, not because I particularly cared about her, but because I never wanted a child to have to deal with her as a mother, or a poor guy be stuck with a train wreck like her. I didn’t like you at first, honestly, but you’ve really stuck it out with Michelle, and proven your love for her. I think she’s seen the error of her ways and will change for the better now that she’s a mom. I’m proud of both of you for not giving up on each other. I know that the circumstances aren’t ideal, but you two have a daughter now, and I trust that you’ll give her the life she deserves, the one neither of you had, and she’ll grow up to be a beautiful and wonderful person. I’m really glad she ended up sleeping with you that night, as crazy as it sounds, because you’ve loved her like nobody else has, and you understand what she’s been through, and why she is the way she is. You two are so much a like in that way, and it makes your bond stronger. Don’t give up on each other, Chester.” He gave me a hug.
“I won’t, Jack.” I said.
We got in the car and headed back to the house.
“Chauntelle pissed at me?” I asked.
“She was, but I talked to her, calmed her down, and made her understand that none of what you said was a lie. She came to see it my way, and said that she’d respect yours and Michelle’s wishes to be together, and back off.” He shrugged.
“I seriously doubt she’s just going to give up that easily, but I appreciate the effort, Jack. If she’s anything like Michelle, which we know that she is, she’s stubborn, and won’t back down just like that.” I replied.
“Well, she’ll be at bay for at least a little while. I emphasized the fact that you two had a newborn to take care of, and that her drama was not needed.” he said.
I smiled, “Yeah, we’ll see.”

We got back to the house, and got out of the car.
“I’m gonna head out. I got a flight to catch first thing in the morning, so I’m going to try and get some sleep. You two please behave, and I’ll call and check in soon.” Jack said.
“We’ll be fine, Jack. No need to worry.” I told him.
He started the car as I walked up the sidewalk to the front door.
“Babe, I’m home!” I called, closing the door behind me.
“In the kitchen, babe.” She called.
I walked in and kissed her, “Hey love.”
“Hi. So tell me what happened.” She sat at the table.
I sighed, “A lot of shit talk from your sister, and me of course defending you and vehemently denying that anything she said was true, oh, and a dose of truth for both your sister and your dad. Lot of anger, arguing and saying terrible things.” I sat next to her.
“So, every fight we’ve had in the last year?” She offered me a cookie.
I took it, laughing, “Pretty much. But your dad did agree with me.” I said.
“About what?” She poured two glasses of milk.
“The fact that they all abandoned you when you needed them the most, left you to fall apart on the streets of L.A as a drunk, a drug addict, and an easy lay. He agreed that if I hadn’t found you, you probably never would’ve gotten better, and you might have ended up dead.”
She set a glass of milk in front of me, “Well, I’d never thought of it that way, but you’re right.” She sat back across from me.
“But it’s all said and done now, and the two of us are going to be fine. Brynn too.” I told her, smiling.
She kissed me, “Yeah, it’s all over now.”
“How long has Brynlee been asleep now?” I asked, cradling her face.
“Thirty minutes. She usually sleeps two hours, why?” She asked.
“Thought maybe I could show you how much I love you.” I whispered, running my hand up her leg.
“Babe, you know I can’t.” She groaned.
“As much as I’d like to, I’m not talking about penetration. Just a little mouth action.” I whispered, kissing along her neck.
She giggled, “We both know we can’t do that without it turning into full on fucking, and we can’t do that, so as much as I want to say yes, I’m going to have to say no. Nothing against you, but we can’t babe.” She kissed my cheek and stood up to put her glass in the sink.
“This is going to be a long six weeks.” I sighed, leaning back in my chair.
“Relax, you’ll live. And if you decide that you can’t live without it, my sister’s pussy is always wet for you.” She shrugged, washing the glass.
“Fuck off. That’s not going to happen again.” I stood up from the table, and went into the living room.
Michelle stayed in the kitchen washing dishes, while I sat on the couch.
“You’re really not going to let this go, are you?” I asked.
“Chester, you got your cheap shots when I did it, now I get mine.” She came to the door way drying her hands on a towel.
“Fine. But just a few. We’re not making this into a running joke.” I said.
She laughed, “Sure babe, whatever you say.” She turned and went back into the kitchen.
“So, she’s got nice tits, doesn’t she?” She called.
I rolled my eyes, “Yeah, very firm and perky.” I admitted.
“Dad bought her new tits for her eighteenth birthday. I was jealous at first, until I realized that I wasn’t interested in being plastic.” She said.
“Well it looks good on her.” I responded.
“I thought so. Told her that too. Never thought she’d use them to attempt to steal my husband.” She laughed.
“Just so we’re clear, that was my idea.” I told her.
“Kinda figured that. We’re getting rid of the couch by the way.” She said.
“Sounds good.” I laughed.
“Chester,” she poked her head into the living room.
“Yes love?” I looked at her.
“Please tell me you used a condom.”
I looked down, “No Michelle, I didn’t.” I whispered.
She sighed, “You might just get your baby yet.” And disappeared back into the kitchen.
“Not funny, babe.” I said.
“Not wrong.” She replied.
“Don’t make me worry about shit like that, Michelle.” I groaned.
“Hey, YOU did it. Nobody forced you to screw her.” She rebuked.
“I know, but we’ve got enough baby drama going on as it is.” I told her.
“I get that, but you need to be prepared for the fact that it very well could happen. I fucked around without protection, and look what happened. I’m just saying, it only takes one time.” She replied.
“I know, babe. I’m sorry that I did it at all.” I got up and went back to the kitchen.
“Well, it happened and you need to be prepared for the consequences.” She gave me a look.
“What if it does happen? What will we do then?” I asked.
She put down the paper she was looking at, “Well, I guess you and her get to make that decision.” She pushed her hair out of her face.
I leaned down and pulled her into a hug, not saying a word.
She hugged back, kissing my cheek, “We’ve been here before, and we’ll be fine.” She whispered, squeezing my shoulder.
“I know, but I’m so worried.” I replied.
“Don’t be. Whatever happens, happens, and I’ll be right there with you for it. I’ll support you no matter what, baby.” She cradled my face.
“Michelle, are WE ever going to have a baby? Together?” I asked.
She smiled, “Oh love, of course we will. When the time is right. We know for sure that the next time I get pregnant, it will be yours. Because there’s nobody else but you, forever.” She kissed me softly.
I smiled, “Forever.”

The baby started to cry, and she stood up, “I’m going to feed her, and when she’s done, we’re going to give her her first bath.” She said.
“That should be interesting.” I chuckled.
“We’ll see.” She smiled and went down the hall.

As soon as she was out of earshot, in went into the living room and took out my phone.
“Hello?”
“Chauntelle. I have a question.” I said.
“What?” It surprised me that she was being nice.
“Are you on any sort of birth control or anything?” I asked.
She laughed, “Well of course I am. I never would’ve had unprotected sex with you if I wasn’t. I don’t need kids right now. Why do you ask?” She asked.
“Because, Michelle and I were just talking about it, and I realized that I didn’t use anything. Kinda freaked me out.” I said.
“You’re in the clear on that one. I’ve had a birth control implant for two years. It’s good for five.” She replied.
“Good, that’s a relief.” I sighed.
“What did my sister say when you had that revelation?” She asked.
“Well, She was calm. She’s the one who asked if we used anything and I had to admit that we didn’t. She was calm about it, and very understanding.” I said.
“Lucky you.” She laughed.
“So are you really okay with this?” I asked.
“I am. I was pretty scorned at first when you chose her, but I understand why now, and honestly she needs someone like you, to prevent her from becoming the hot mess she was before she met you. We had our fun, and it’s over now. I’m at peace with that. Just watch her, because though I’m okay with all of this, I still don’t trust Michelle. Not yet.” She said.
“Chauntelle, leave your sister to me. I can handle her. I think after everything we’ve been through, I might be the only one.” I chuckled.
“Just be mindful. Michelle tends to slip when it comes to promises.” She said.
“Babe.” Michelle called.
“I gotta go, we’re giving Brynn a bath.”
“Okay, take care of yourself and those girls.” She said.

I went down the hall to the bedroom.
“She ready?” I asked.
Brynlee was laying in the crib, kicking and staring at her mobile, Michelle nowhere to be found.
“Babe?” I called.
“I need help.” She said from the bathroom.
“What’s wrong?” I rushed to her.
“I passed a blood clot when I went to the bathroom, and now I can’t stop bleeding.” She had a towel laid across her legs.
“You’re bleeding?!” I asked, panicking.
“I thought it would stop, but it didn’t. I need to go back to the hospital.” She said.
“Let me get the baby ready to go. Stay there.” I told her.
I picked Brynlee up and put her in the car seat, grabbing the diaper bag and her blanket.
Michelle donned a mesh diaper and wrapped a towel around her hips, “I can walk to the car, but we’ve got to hurry.” She was already getting pale, and I knew we were short on time.

I rushed to the hospital barely making it before Michelle lost consciousness.
They rushed her into the ER, leaving me and the baby in the waiting room, alone.
It was probably four hours of worry, tears and silence before the doctor emerged.
“Are you Michelle’s husband?” He asked.
I stood, shaking his hand, “Chester. How is she?” I asked.
“She’s going to be okay. Turns out that she tore internally a little bit, and we didn’t know. The blood has been building in her uterus for two days, the clot was blocking it in, and when she passed it, she continued to bleed. We had to perform emergency surgery, but she’s going to be fine. She did lose a lot of blood, but we have her on transfusions, to rebuild her blood supply.
She’ll be staying here until she’s strong enough, and until we’re sure she won’t bleed anymore. I figure this little one is probably hungry, so you can go see her now.” He said.
I rushed down the hall.
She was still asleep, her face still pale.
I leaned down and kissed her forehead, “Baby?”
She opened her eyes and smiled, “Hey love. Hi sweetheart.” She touched Brynlee’s face.
“How do you feel?” I asked, petting her hair.
“Weak, tired, hungry. What happened?” She asked, noticing the bandages on her stomach.
“You had a tear, the blood clot acted as a plug while your uterus filled with blood. You had to have surgery.” I told her.
She sighed, “I had a feeling something wasn’t right, but I chose to ignore the signs until it was too late.”
“You’re okay now baby.” I kissed her.
“Can I still get pregnant?” She asked.
“He didn’t say anything about you not being able to, but I’ll be sure and ask.” I handed her the baby.
“I hope so, I want to give you the baby you want.” She said, unbuttoning her gown so the baby could nurse.
“Baby, you already did. She may not biologically be my child, but for all intents and purposes, I am her father. I’d like for us to have a baby together, but if it doesn’t happen, it’s completely okay. We have Brynlee. She is more than enough for me.” I kissed her.
She sniffled, “It’s not fair, Chester. We were going to have Bailee, she was really yours, but she’s gone. I ruined your chance to be a father twice now.” She was crying now.
“Michelle, no you didn’t. What happened to Bailee was my fault. And I am the one who told you to be with Mike when we were separated, I knew what you were going to be doing, and I’m the one who tempted you into continuing our sexual relationship despite you being with someone else. It has all been my fault. I drove you into his arms the first time by leaving you scared, pregnant and alone.”
“No, don’t do that to yourself. All of this is NOT your fault. I’m more to blame here than anyone. I chose to have sex with someone else after we got married. I chose to get in your face and make you angry the night we lost Bailee, and I chose to have unprotected sex with both of you at the same time, knowing damn well what could happen. I also chose to lie to you about being Brynn’s father. All of this is on ME. Don’t blame yourself. They’re not wrong about me, I am a bad person. But I don’t wanna be. I want to be the faithful wife and mother. I want to give you children, and I want to grow old with you. I’ve just done everything in my power to fuck that up.” She sobbed, still bouncing the sleeping baby.
“Michelle, it will happen baby. We are going to be together.” I told her, wiping her tears.

-Michelle-
The door opened and the doctor came in.
“Came to check on you. How are you feeling?” He asked.
I sniffled, handing the baby to Chester, “I’m tired, but that’s normal.”
He nodded, “For a new mother, it’s unavoidable. But the surgery went well, and you should be okay in a few days. We’ll be keeping you here for a bit, but when you’re released I’m putting you on bed rest until your staples come out, to prevent tearing or splitting.” He said.
“My husband isn’t going to argue with you on that.” I chuckled.
“Doctor, we had a question.” Chester said.
“Sure, what is it?” he asked.
“Is this going to hinder her ability to get pregnant and carry children?” He asked.
I looked up at the doctor.
“Not at all. This sort of thing happens all the time, and the women go on to have more healthy pregnancies and healthy babies. So long as you let yourself heal properly, I see no reason why you shouldn’t be able to get pregnant in the future.” He smiled.
Chester smiled at me, “See? I told you it woule be fine.” he said.
“We plan to give this little girl a sibling someday.” I told the doctor.
“And there’s no reason you shouldn’t be able to. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got to make my rounds. I’ll be back to check in later.” he left.
Chester kissed me, “See, you were worried for nothing. You have got to relax babe. Get some sleep while she’s asleep.” he told me.

The door opened agian, and Mike walked in.
“How’s she doing?” he asked.
“She’s going to be okay. They had to do emergency surgery, bit she’s going to be fine.” Chester told him.
He leaned down and hugged me tightly, “Good, you had me worried sick.”
“I’m fine. Just gotta take it easy for awhile.” I said.
He sat on the foot of the bed, “So what happened?” he looked at Chester.
“She passed a bloot clot this morning, and little did we know that during Brynn’s birth, she tore internally and the blood clot acted as a plug to hold it in, when she passed it, she started bleeding profusely. They did emergency surgery on her.” Chester explained.
“Well, I’m glad you’re going to be okay.” he smiled.
“Me too.” I replied with a nod.
“Doctor said she’ll still be able to have kids.” Chester said.
“That’s great! That means you two can have a litter of your own now.” he playfully punched Chester’s shoulder.
“We’re going to. From here on out, we’re going to be better people, we’re going to take care of each other and our babies.” I said.
“Good. It’s time you two got it together.” Mike teased with a wink.
“That means no more eyeing or flirting with my wife, dude.” Chester playfully punched him back.
“Relax, I know what’s done is done. She’s happy and where she should be, and I’m not going to do anything to take that from either of you.” he kissed the back of my hand, “She’s yours forever, Chester. Just do me a favor.” he looked at Chester.
“Sure man, anything.” Chester said, stretching.
“Take care of my girls.” he smiled.
Chester nodded, a smile on his face, “I will. I promise.”

After Mike left, I fell asleep with Brynlee curled up beside me in the bed, and Chester asleep in the chair.
The baby wiggling is what woke me, and I looked down at her.
She was wide-awake, but quiet, just kicking her feet and staring at the ceiling.
“What’s up baby girl?” I whispered, slipping my finger into her fist.
She gripped it tightly and looked at me, still kicking her feet.
“You hungry princess? Huh?” I unbuttoned my gown and scooted her closer to me.
She latched on and suckled, staring up at me.
I just stared quietly at her, and she stared back.
When she was full, I put her on my shoulder and burped her before changing her diaper while she lay in front of me grunting and cooing.
“Is that my little girl talking?” Chester yawned.
“She’s got a lot to say today.” I replied, picking her up to hand her to him.
“She’s going to be a vocal and opinionated little girl, just like her mama.” he kissed her nose.
“That had better be a compliment.” I told him, throwing my legs over the edge of the bed to get up.
When I went to hoist myself onto my feet, my staples tugged, sending pain through my body.
I cried out and fell back onto the bed.
“Michelle, let me help you.” Chester laid the baby in her car seat and rushed around to pick me up and carry me to the bathroom.
“Did I tear them?” I asked breathlessly when he set me down.
He leaned down and looked, “No, they’re fine baby.” he said.
“Christ you’d think I had a damn C-section.” I whined.
He helped carry me back to the bed, laying me down gently.
“You good now?” he whispered, kissing my hair.
“I’m fine babe. But how am I supposed to take care of a newborn when I can’t even walk?” I asked.
“Um, excuse me, but that’s what you have a husband for, babe.” he picked Brynn up.
“I don’t want you to have to wait on me hand and foot. I’m too independent for that.” I replied.
“Well, not anymore. And you know goddamn well, I’m happy to do it.” He bounced the baby.
“Well don’t be so happy about it.” I laughed.
“If I could’ve waited on you hand and foot after the car accident, I would have.” he replied.
My smile disappeared.
I’d forgotten about the car accident.
It seemed like it had been so long ago, but really it was just nearly two years ago.
I looked at my elbow where I had a scar from getting screws in my arm after the accident.
“I know, it’s been awhile, but I still think about it sometimes, and how scared I was to lose you.” he interrupted my thoughts.
“Bailee.” I whispered, looking down at my stomach with tears in my eyes.
“Hey, no. Don’t do that to yourself.” Chester climbed in bed with me, gently manuvering himself and the baby next to me, he kissed me, “She’s safe now baby. It just wasn’t meant to be.” he whispered.
My breath shuddered in my chest, “I wish she were here.”
“I know love, me too. But look here, look what we have now.” He looked down, and so did I, at Brynlee, who was watching us closely.
“I know. I just wish she’d gotten to know her sister.”
“She did get to know her. She knew Bailee better than you and I did.” he whispered.
I started to cry harder, “Brynlee, we’re going to try hard to give you a better life.”
Chester pulled the blanket over the three of us, and we fell asleep again.

“Michelle.”
I opened my eyes and saw my dad, standing at the foot of my bed.
“Daddy?” I whispered groggily.
He sat on the foot of the bed, “Hi Mickey Mouse, how are you feeling?” he asked.
I sat up slowly, clutching a pillow to my stomach, “Sore, but overall, I can’t complain.” I said.
He chuckled, “You always have been a tough cookie, baby.” he kissed my hair.
“Chester call you?” I asked.
“Yeah, as soon as he knew you were okay, he called me. I took the first flight out that I could get.” he said.
“Well, I’m happy to see you.” I hugged him.
“Me too, princess.” he smiled.
The door opened, “Hello?”
I turned my head quickly, “Hi. Wasn’t expecting to see you.”
Chauntelle walked slowly toward me, “I wanted to make sure you were okay.” she leaned in to hug me, and I threw my arms around her, “I’m fine, but it means a lot that you came to make sure.” I said.
“No matter what, you’re still my favorite bratty little sister, Michelle.” She whispered.
“I know. I missed your stupid face.”
She laughed, “I missed YOUR stupid face.”
Chester walked in with the baby, “Well, look who stopped by.” he smiled.
“Is that my sweet little Bryn-Bug?” Chauntelle asked, reaching for the baby.
“Sure is.” Chester handed her the baby.
“Well, you just get prettier every time I see you.” Chauntelle cooed, smiling.
“She looks like Mickey.” Dad said.
“Oh exactly. There’s a picture of her somewhere to prove it.” Chauntelle tickled the baby’s chin and she babbled.
“Nothing wrong with that, her mother is gorgeous.” Chester said sitting next to me.
“Well duh. Dad didn’t make ugly daughters. Just fugly ass sons.” Chauntelle laughed.
We laughed along.
“I’ll be sure and tell your brothers that next time they call.” Dad told her.
“Good. I’ve been telling them that for years and none of them seem to believe it.” She rocked Brynlee.
I tried to turn onto my side and get comfortable, but I pulled my staples again, and yelped.
“Babe, you’ve got to take it easy.” Chester whispered, helping me.
“What happened to you, anyway?” Chauntelle handed the baby to our dad.
“Had to have surgery for internal bleeding. I’ll have staples for a few weeks.” I answered, clutching the pillow tightly.
“When you had Brynn?” she asked.
I nodded, “Yeah. I had a blood clot that blocked all the blood in, so it just kept building up until i passed the clot, then I just kept bleeding.” I explained.
“Tear in your uterus?” She asked.
I nodded, taking the pillow away from my stomach.
I peeled the bandage back a little bit to show her my staples.
“Wow, that looks like it hurts.” She cringed.
“It doesn’t feel great. I have to be on bed rest until the stitches come out, which is going to be fun, taking care of a newborn from a bed.” I rolled my eyes.
“You have Prince Charming to help you.” She nodded at Chester with a smile.
“She’s independent, Chauntelle, always has been. That’s not going to be easy for her.” My dad said.
“Well I’ll be around to help too. The more time I get to spend with this little cutie, the better.” she smiled at Brynlee.
“I’m just glad the two of you are talking again.” Dad said.
“You knew we wouldn’t be mad at each other forever, dad. We’ve never been able to completely hate each other.” Chauntelle poked my ribs.
I giggled, “Knock it off, asshole.”
“I’m glad you didn’t let some boy ruin your relationship with each other.” Dad looked at Chester, “No offense.” he shrugged.
Chester laughed, “Absolutely none taken, Jack. I’m happy too. Michelle and Chauntelle have been thick as thieves for as long as I’ve known them, and I’m glad that they’re good again.” he hugged the both of us.
“Not crossing boundaries here, but you smell amazing.” Chauntelle said.
“Me or him?” I asked.
“One of you.” She let go and smelled each of us individually, “It’s him.” she said.
“I took a shower while Michelle and Brynn were asleep earlier.” Chester shrugged.
“I like your soap then.” She laid back on the bed, resting her head on my shoulder.
“Thanks I guess.” Chester laughed.
“You,” She tickled me, “Smell like nasty ass.” she teased.
“I think you’re smelling your nasty ass.” I smacked her leg.
“Please bitch, I took a shower this morning.” she laughed.
“Sorry I haven’t showered today, I was mostly focused on trying not to die.” I shoved her.
She laughed, “I’m glad you didn’t die.”
The laughter died down, and she looked at me, “Michelle, I’m sorry for what I said about you, that mom should’ve... I was angry, and I didn’t mean it. I’m glad you’re here, and I love you. I wouldn’t wish that on you.” She whispered.
I laid my head on top of hers, “I know you didn’t mean it, sister. I love you too.” I said.
“I couldn’t live without my pain in the ass sister.” She smiled.
“Just stay in your lane from now on, and don’t try and steal my man anymore.” I smiled up at Chester, who smiled back.
“Nah, he’s so love sick over you, it’d be pointless anyway. He’s all yours, sister.” She smiled at him too.

-The End-
♠ ♠ ♠
(Yes, there IS going to be a sequel, so don't fret! I'm working on it RIGHT NOW! Thanks for reading, and I hope you all will tune in to see what happens next.)
I love you guys for sticking it out through the hard shit, and I'll be rewarding you with more good times to come in the sequel!
<3<3<3
-Nikki Fox.