Status: In Progress

Mystic: The Tablets of Gilgamesh

Introductory Information

Long ago, when man was still learning rationality, the Greek Gods ruled over man. They guided man, through and through. Eventually, however, trouble began to stir in the pot of chaos, as such, the Gods did their job of protecting their creation. However, wars broke out, even between the Gods, Ares, the God of War, hated the humans, as did Hades. The two managed to strike down many of the Gods themselves, wounding, if not killing them. Unlike humans, only a God can kill a God, but Zeus had a plan. The humans had died off and had to be recreated. The first era of man was called the Golden Age, followed by the second, Silver Age.

Zeus’ plan was simple, bequeathed the creations with powers so as to not be so helpless during their primitive years. These select humans would become known as heroes, but also villains, as not all could handle the power without it going to their head. They were called Mystics: Supernatural beings with unique powers. To society, these beings were seen as Gods, Demi-Gods, and heroes of old.
The number of Mystics in the world to the average human population ratio was normally 1:10,000 people born. Even then those who were gifted did not aways unlock their potential and may never even know about their latent abilities.

For Mystics, the powers one possessed was dependent on their birthdate, as the astrological signs known as the Zodiac were the main determiner. Those born under the Aries constellation would possess powers formidable in battle, they were skilled fighters and could use almost any weapon with ease. For those born to the Libra could manipulate gravity to a point. Leo’s could control fire, both from their body by creating it or by manipulating flames around them. Capricorns have the potential to use psychic powers and other forms of powers related to the mind. For those under the Taurus constellation, it was Earth, Gemini was lightning, Aquarius was hydrokinesis, Cancer was animals while Pisces was a sort of healing magic and the ability to copy or duplicate themselves. Virgo’s could draw on the strength of the Earth and wind. Scorpio’s were deadly assassins of history, having been experts with tonics and poisons as well as able to manipulate it or create it themselves with their body. Finally, Sagittarius born Mystics were expert archers, making Olympic archers look like beginners.

This was not all, Zeus has a fail-safe with them, to diversify them further he made it so that there were two types of Mystics: Seekers and Keepers. A Seeker was born of light whereas Keepers were of the dark. The skilled Mystics of history could tap into this ancient power and use either light or shadow to aid them in battle, and they were stronger during their respective times of day, be it day or night time. The darkness strengthening the Keeper while the sun’s rays strengthened the Seekers. Despite how it may seem, Keepers are not inherently bad, nor are Seekers inherently good, as evil Seekers existed whereas some of the best heroes have been Keepers.

Finally, Zeus made it so that on their birthday they would grow stronger, each variable, from the darkness or sunlight to their birthday, each acting as a form of a multiplier. But no hero was ever as strong as the first Seeker and Keeper, legends of power that stood as colossal beings among even their own kind.
With these powers, Seekers and Keepers equally can transform or summon a companion. For Keepers, they use the shadow to transform into their Zodiac avatar, whereas Seekers summon their Zodiac partner.
  1. The Beginning
    The beginning of the story, following Adam and Jellal
  2. Travel to Siberia
    Adam travels to Siberia for the first piece of the tablet.
  3. Reunion
    A battle ensues between the heroes and the new foes wanting the stone fragments.
  4. The Past is the Past
    Daniel contemplates his past.
  5. Search for the Egyptian Stone of Gilgamesh!
    Adam aheads to Egypt for one of the final pieces.
  6. A Titanic Battle
    Jellal appears at Daniel's fortress in hopes of gathering the other stones from him. However, he is confronted by Daniel himself.
  7. Going to Bendigo!
    Mako, Sally and Alura travel to Australia for the second to last piece of the Tablet of Gilgamesh. But something's not right, someone was expecting them.
  8. The Power Stones
    With all hope lost, the four come up with a potential measure to beat Daniel, once and for all.
  9. The Last Piece
    The team heads to South America for the final piece but are stopped by Daniel.
  10. The Final Confrontation
    Adam faces off against his brother.