‹ Prequel: Breaking the Habit
Status: Active!

Battle Symphony

Waking Up.

-Michelle-
“Mama! Mama! Maaaaammmmaaaa!” Brynlee was sitting up in the crib, calling for me.
I sat up sleepily and rubbed my eyes, “Good morning, Brynn.” I smiled.
She smiled back and clapped, “Mama!”
I picked her up, kissing her messy hair, “I’ll bet you’re hungry, aren’t you?”
She just smiled.
I sat on the bed and nursed her, rocking her slowly.
She looked over, “Dada?”
I smiled at Chester, still sleeping soundly next to us.
“Daddy is still sleeping baby girl.” I told her.

Just then, Chester stirred and coughed.
“Michelle,” he mutters.
“Yes?” I peered at him.
“What time is it?”
I looked at the clock on the table, “7:30.” I answered.
“Brynlee still asleep?” he grumbled.
“No, she’s right here.” I replied.
He turned over and smiled, “Good morning, little angel.”
Brynlee crawled over to him, laying her head on his chest, “Dada.” she smiled up at him.
Chester looked up at me, “We’re going to be in trouble when she starts dating. That sweet little face just melts you.” he said.
“We won’t have to worry about that for awhile, babe.” I got out of bed and opened the curtains.
Chester groaned, “Babe...it’s so bright.”
I laughed, “You’re the one who wanted to stay up until 3am watching that documentary.” I picked Brynlee up and put her on my hip.
“YOU showed it to me. You’re to blame.” he sits up and pulls his shorts on.
“Sure, blame me if it makes you feel better. You wanna help me make breakfast princess?” I asked, tickling Brynlee’s foot.
She giggled, “Yay!” she threw her little hands in the air.
“Let’s go, rugrat.” I turned and walked downstairs.
I put her in her high chair and gave her a bowl of mashed bananas to snack on while I cooked.
Chester came down about twenty minutes later, freshly showered and more awake.
As he entered the room, I handed him a cup of coffee and a plate of food.
He smiled and kissed me, “I love you.” he whispered.
“I love you too, now eat. You’ve got work to do today.” I turned and made myself a plate.
“You sure you girls will be okay here by yourself?” he asked.
“We’ll be fine, babe. I’m gonna catch up on laundry and get the Christmas decorations out.” I said.
“Baby girl’s first Christmas.” He smiled at Brynlee, now a sticky banana faced mess.
She smiled at him and shoved another fistful of banana mush into her mouth.
“Remember, I have to go to Chicago for a week. Will you be okay with Brynn?” I asked.
“Babe, I’ll be fine. I can take care of both of us.” He reassured me.
“It’s just that this is the first time I’ve been away from Brynlee since she was born, and for you, this will be the first time you’ve taken care of her alone, for more than a couple of hours. I’m just nervous to leave her.” I wet a washcloth and wiped the baby’s face and hands, picking her up.
“Babe, we are both going to be fine. I know you’re nervous, but I’ve got this.” He stood up and kissed me.
I smiled, “I’m just going to miss you, that’s all.” I replied.
“And WE are going to miss you, baby.” he whispered back.

I heard the doorbelll, and Chester looked over, “Hang on!” he called, putting his coffee down.
I heard the door open, “Hey guys!”
“Who is it?” I asked, walking into the living room.
I saw Mike holding Milo, followed by Kayla.
“Hey! What warrents this visit?” I asked, hugging them.
“Little birdy told us that you were leaving for Chicago tonight, so we thought we’d come help Chester stay sane without you.” Mike laughed.
I put Brynlee in her bouncer and took Milo, “What’s up my little buddy?” I kissed his nose.
“Can I play with Benlee?” he asked, looking down.
“Sure, just be careful, she’s smaller remember?” I set him in the floor next to her.
“Hey girl, you need some water? Or food? I just cooked breakfast.” I told Kayla.
She shrugged, “I could eat.” she followed me into the kitchen.

I made her a plate, and handed it to her.
“What I don’t understand,” she started, as she was shoveling food into her mouth, “Is how I ended up pregnant again before you.” She said.
I laughed, “We agreed that we didn’t want to have another baby until Brynn was at least a year old, and we’ve kept to that promise.” I poured myself more coffee.
“How the hell have you managed that? I know both of you, and you can’t abstain from having sex.” She gave me a look.
I laughed, “We’re not teenagers, Kayla. We don’t abstain from anything, we just use protection.” I said.
“Wasn’t even sure you KNEW what protection was.” She teased.
I laughed.
“Hey baby, Mike said they’d stay here with Brynlee so that we could go out to lunch or something, spend a little one on one time together before you leave.” Chester said.
“We just ate, baby.” I said.
“Then we’ll go for a drive.” he slipped his arms around me and kissed me.
“I’ve got to finish pumping so she’ll have enough milk.” I said.
“Babe, there’s enough for two trips, come on.” he said, kissing my neck.
I smiled, “Okay fine, but I have to be back in time to get my stuff and head to the airport. My flight leaves at 6 tonight.” I told him.
“Michelle, it’s eight thirty in the morning, you’ve got plenty of time.” Mike said.
I put my coffee cup in the sink, “Let’s go. You two sure you can handle it?” I looked at Mike and Kayla.
“We’ve got to get used to taking care of two anyway. We’ll be fine. Besides, Brynlee loves us.” Kayla told me.

I followed Chester upstairs, where I started changing clothes.
While I was putting my jeans on, he came up behind me and grabbed my hips, “How long has it been since we’ve had sex on the beach?” he asked.
“A really long time. But we can’t do that in broad daylight.” I stood and turned around, kissing him.
“Well, we both know that’s what’s going to happen as soon as we’re really alone.” he kissed me hard.
“Well, we can’t do it in the car, and we can’t do it on the beach. Why not get a room? We haven’t done that since our honeymoon.” I whispered in a quivering breath.
He ran his hands under my shirt, squeezing my breasts, “It’s been three weeks since we’ve had sex at all. We need this baby.” he whispered, nibbling on my ear.
I shivered and bit my lip, “Let’s do it.” I looked up and kissed him, slipping my hand behind his neck.
“Grab the condoms out of the drawer.” He breathed, squeezing my ass.
I turned around and grabbed the box out of the night stand, putting it in my duffle bag.
Chester went to the dresser and pulled something out, “Here, put this on. We’ll have some fun.” he tossed it to me.
I looked down to see that it was lingerie that I hadn’t worn since before I had Brynlee.
I smiled, “Fine, but you have to leave the room. I don’t want to risk you attacking me with company in the house.” I told him.
He just smiled and went into the bathroom, closing the door.
I slipped the skimpy outfit on, and put my clothes on over it.
“Okay, you’re good to come out now.” I called, zipping the duffel bag.
He opened the door, “We ready to go?” he kissed me.
I nodded, “Yeah, let’s go.” I put the duffel bag over my shoulder.

We walked downstairs.
“We’re leaving guys.” I called, picking Brynlee up.
I kissed her cheek, “Mommy and daddy will be back in a little while, okay baby doll?”
She just smiled at me.
I put her back down, as Mike walked around the corner, “Where are you going with a duffle bag?” he asked.
“Mike. Dude, it’s been three weeks. Mommy and daddy are going to play.” Chester pulled me close, kissing me.
Mike laughed, “Then, by all means, go. Just have her back in time to catch her flight.” He said.
“I will, sir. No worries.” Chester winked, leading me to the door by the hand.

Chester took the bag from me and tossed it in the backseat, before swooping me into a heated kiss against the car, “I love you.” he whispered.
“I love you.”
He slipped his hand into the back of my jeans, biting my neck, “I can’t wait to have you again.”
“The sooner we get out of here, the sooner you can.” I told him.
He stepped back, “Let’s go, before I fuck you on the hood of the car.”
I laughed and got in the car.

We paid for a hotel room, and he carried the duffel bag to the elevator.
As soon as the doors closed behind us, Chester looked at me, “I am going to fuck you so hard.” he pulled me into a kiss, his hand creeping under my shirt.
DING! The doors opened, and I looked over to see about six people staring at us.
That’s when I realized he had my shirt pushed up, and his pants unzipped, with my hand down the front of them.
I pulled my hand out and hurriedly fixed my shirt, while he zipped his pants and grabbed the bag.
We rushed out of the elevator, only to realize this wasn’t our floor.
We headed for the staircase and ran up three flights of stairs.
“What the hell happened back there?” he asked, opening the room door.
“We must have gotten ahead of ourselves.” I whispered, breathlessly.
He closed the door behind me, “Then let’s finish what we started.” he kissed me hard, both of us falling over onto the bed.
“Let me take these off, I didn’t wear all of this for nothing, you know.” I stood up, pulling my shirt over my head.
“You kind of did. Because while you look sexy as hell in it, I’m about to rip it off of you.” he helped me out of my jeans.

He looked me up and down, licking his lips hungrily, “Fuck.” he whispered.
He smiled at me, “Come here.”
I threw my leg over him and sat on his lap, making out with him.
He unhooked my bra, tossing it aside.
I could feel how hard he was, so I grinded my hips against his, biting his lip, “Baby, I want you to fuck me.” I pleaded.
His breath quivered, and he grabbed my ass with both hands, “Then take it off, baby.” He whispered.
I made a show of stripping out of my underwear and stockings, while he watched me, his hand on the front of his jeans.
Once I was completely undressed, he reached for my hand, “Come here.”
I shook my head, “YOU are still dressed.” I pulled him to his feet and tore his shirt over his head, while he unfastened his jeans, and kicked them off.
I yanked his boxers off, and pushed him back on the bed.
Smiling, I climbed over him, “Now, let’s fucking do this.”
I guided him inside, slowly, making him moan and bite his lip.
I kissed him, grinding him slowly.
He put one hand on my ass and squeezed hard, putting the other on the back of my neck, grabbing a handful of my hair and pulled.
I moaned, and he smiled against my lips.
I shivered, “Fuck baby.”
He thrust his hips against mine, causing my body to jerk and a moan escape my lips.
“Chester..” I whined.
“Take it baby.” He whispered, thrusting against me again.
I bit my lip, letting my head fall onto his shoulder while he fucked me until I came, biting his neck.
But he didn’t stop, he kept going, whispering in my ear, “It’s my turn now, baby.”
He grabbed my hips and pulled me down, thrusting harder until I screamed at the top of my lungs, “I’m cumming again!” I whined, looking down at him.
His legs under me tensed up and with a shiver, he groaned, releasing deep inside of me.
I fell over onto the bed and he immediately climbed on top of me, shoving his cock back inside me.
I locked my ankles around his hips and pulled him down into a kiss, nibbling on his lip.
He pounded me harder, and I sunk my fingernails into his back, “Oh god..” I whispered, staring up at him.
He grinned and put his hand around my throat, squeezing gently, and sending me over the edge into another mind numbing orgasm.
I squeezed his hips with my thighs, and moaned, gasping a little bit.
He kissed my cheek, “I love you, baby.” He whispered.
I couldn’t reply, between gasping for breath and cumming at the same time.
I grabbed his wrist, pulling his hand away from my throat, and kissed him.
He put two fingers in my mouth, “Suck.” He whispered in my ear.
I obeyed, only to have him pull them out a second later, and trace them down my stomach, to my clit.
I shivered and choked out a moan, feeling his warm breath on my neck, he whispered, “Cum baby.”
I grabbed his face and pulled him into a rough kiss, “You first.”

He put his arm under my back and picked me up into a sitting position, holding me against him, and locking my ankles around him again, “Make me.” He teased.
I smiled and pushed him back on the bed, pinning his arms over his head, “Be careful what you wish for.” I bounced against his hips, taking all of his cock deep in me, I rocked back and forth, still holding his wrists.
He groaned and his body jerked, making him push against my hands.
I tightened my grip on his wrists and pushed back, “Come on baby.” I kissed his neck, nibbling softly.
“Fuck I’m almost there, don’t stop.” He whispered.
I was working so hard to get him off, that I didn’t realize how close I was until he came, pushing up against me hard, setting me off.
I let go of his wrists, falling forward onto his chest.
His hands immediately went to my hips, guiding them up and down through our orgasm, until we both lay there out of breath.
“Hand me that bottle of water babe.” He nodded at the bottle on the night stand.
I opened it and took a drink before handing it to him.
“Shit,” he gasped, gulping the water.
“Maybe three weeks was too long.” I said, laying my head on his shoulder.
He chuckled, kissing my hair, “I think it was just long enough.”
I looked up at him and he kissed me, “So, round two? Or should we get back?” He asked.
I smiled, “As amazing as that was, we really should get back. I want to spend a little time with Brynn before I leave.” I said.
“I understand baby. Let’s get cleaned up.” He said.
I got up off the bed and headed to the bathroom to wash up.
“Well shit. Son of a bitch.” Chester thought I didn’t hear him, but I poked my head out the bathroom door, “What’s wrong?” I asked.
He looked up, and sighed, “I fucking forgot to put on a condom.”
I looked down to see his cum running down leg.
“Oh shit.” I whispered, hurrying to turn on the shower.
“I’m sorry babe, I wasn’t thinking!” He ran into the bathroom with me.
“It’s not just your fault, I could’ve said something too.” I said.
“I know, but I’m the one who said to grab them in the first place.” He said.
“Chester you act like we’re teenagers or something. We’re married, and we already have a child, it’s not a big deal.” I washed off and turned off the water.
“I just know that you didn’t want to have another baby until Brynn was older.” He slumped against the wall.
“Babe, it’s not a huge deal. Calm down.” I put my hands on his shoulders and kissed him.
“I just don’t want what happened before happen again.” He mumbled.
“Are you talking about the baby daddy thing?” I gave him a look.
“No, I’m talking about the tear, and the bleeding.” He replied.
“It’s healed, baby. The doctor said it was fine.” I reminded him, as I was getting dressed.
“Did you really think I was talking about the baby daddy thing? Like that’s even a worry.” He gave me a look.
“Well my last pregnancy was rather eventful to say the least, and I wasn’t sure which part you were referring to.” I answered.
“That’s NOT an issue this time, is it?” He eyed me cautiously.
I rolled my eyes, “NO. I told you before the next time I got pregnant it was going to be yours for
sure, and it will be.” I said.
“There’s no doubt in my mind babe, just the way you answered the question worried me.” He replied.

We left the hotel and headed home.
“So you’re really okay with the possibility of getting pregnant?” He asked.
I shrugged, “Well, if it’s going to happen, it’s going to happen and there’s nothing we can do about it now. Besides I don’t think it would be so bad for our kids to be close in age. More work sure, but they’ll be close.” I said.
Chester smiled, “You want another baby, don’t you?”
I smiled back, “Maybe, but I still wasn’t planning on having one yet.” I said.
“Babe, we both forgot. I know it wasn’t intentional.” He laughed.
“I’ll call every day while I’m gone.” I told him.
“I know you will. But don’t spend too much time worrying about us, we’ll be fine here. You just go get back to work. It’s been too long already. Believe me, I’d know.” He lit a cigarette and chuckled.
“Your turn is coming.” I replied.
“I don’t know how comfortable I am with the idea of being away from both you and Brynn for almost a year.” He said.
“Chester, it’s like you just told me, we will be fine. I know what your main concern is, and I promise you have nothing to worry about.” I told him, looking down at my phone.
“You don’t know what I’m worried about.” He said.
“Chester, yes I do. You’re worried about me cheating on you again. It’s been over a year now, a year without incident. You’re going to have to trust me sometime. And anyway, I could be worried about you doing the same thing.” I told him.
“You know why I did that. And you know I’m not going to do it again.” He replied sharply.
“Oh so you get to worry about it, but I don’t?” I finally looked up.
“All I’m saying Michelle, is that it’s hard to trust you. It’s not even just the cheating that I worry about.” He glared at me.
“What the hell would I have to lie about now? For six months, I have done nothing but stay at home and take care of Brynlee. I haven’t had a drink, I haven’t used drugs, and I haven’t fucked anyone else, Hell, I’ve hardly fucked you! What are you worried about? And anyway, Mike is going to be with you!” I found myself shouting.
“You’re going to be alone for almost a year! A year without me here, a year to do what the fuck ever you want, and not have to worry about me finding out. It’s not Mike I’m worried about, it’s every other fucking man in this god damn city, every head that turns when you walk by, every eye that looks you up and down, every man that eye-fucks you, THAT is what I’m worried about. Because from past experience, when you’re left alone to your own devices, you tend to spread your legs for whoever tries to comfort you, or anyone that gets close enough. I know you think I should trust you, but I don’t. Why? Because how many guys did you let fuck you like I just did? How many nights did you spend on your back with someone you didn’t know? How many one night stands did you have before us? THAT is what worries me. You didn’t fucking change after we got married, and I don’t think you’ve changed now.”
“Then why didn’t you fucking divorce me six months ago, Chester? If you’re so fucking concerned with me cheating on you again, why didn’t you divorce me and continue fucking my goddamn sister??” I lit a cigarette.
“Because never mind the fact that I love you for some fucked up reason.” he muttered.
“I don’t know how many fucking times we have had this conversation, Chester. I was a god damn druggie slut, I know it, you know it, everyone fucking knows it. If I hadn’t been, I never would’ve slept with you at that party, and we wouldn’t be here right now.” I replied.
“You were, before. Now you’re someone’s fucking mother. And back on the subject, not my kid either. I’m going to say this once, and I’ll even let you knock the shit out of me for it when we get home, but god damn it, you are NOT your fucking mother, Michelle. So don’t fucking act like her. You’re married to me, and I’m the only person you should be fucking. You’re not a damn community piece of ass anymore. You’re mine.” he said.
I whipped my head around, “Then why the hell are you trying so hard to drive me away?”
“I’m not trying to drive you away, guilt is trying to push me away.” he looked over at me.
“Stop the fucking car.” I told him.
“Fucking quit it, we’re a block away from home.” he rolled his eyes.
“I know, but I said what I fucking said. Stop the fucking car, Chester.” I snapped.
“Fucking fine.” he pulled the car to the curb and put it in park.
I flung the door open and got out, slamming it behind me.
He drove away, tires squealing.
I wiped the tears off my face and started in the direction of home.

When the house came into view, I stopped.
I was about 300 feet away, but I couldn’t bring myself to take another step.
I sat down on the curb, dropping my head into my hands, and I started sobbing.
I sat there for awhile before I heard footsteps approaching.
I picked my head up, to see Chester walking towards me.
I dropped my head again, saying nothing.
He sat down next to me on the curb, “You have a flight to catch.”
I stood up, “I know.” I walked away from him, toward the house.
I didn’t want to go home, but I needed to see my daughter before I left.

I walked through the door, and Mike looked over at me.
“Where’s Brynlee?” I asked, wiping my face.
“She’s asleep.” he answered.
I sniffled and went into the bedroom.
I leaned down and kissed my sweet sleeping baby, smiling.
“I love you princess, and I’ll see you when I get home.” I whispered to her.
I picked up my suitcases and closed the bedroom door.
I walked straight through without a word, picked up my car keys and walked out the front door.
Chester was sitting on the porch, and I walked right past him.
“Not even going to say bye?” he called after me.
I opened the trunk of the car and threw my suitcase in, slamming it shut I finally looked up at him, “Bye.”
He got up and came down the sidewalk.
“You really going to leave here like this?” he asked.
I looked up at him, “After what you said, do you expect me to leave any other way?”
He sighed, “Fine. See you in a week.” he turned and walked away.
“If I come back and you’ve taken off with Brynlee, so help me God Chester, I will-”
“What? You’ll what? You really think you can hurt me? You think in a fight between you and I, YOU would win?” he asked.
I didn’t say anything.
“I would NEVER take her from you. I may have problems with you, but that has NOTHING to do with the baby. She’s not going to suffer for it. You’re her mother, and she needs you. The only thing that makes me her father is the fact that my name is on the birth certificate. That’s not even enough right to take her from you if I wanted to.” he turned and went into the house.

I got in the car and went to the airport, sobbing the whole way.
When I landed in Chicago, my dad met me at the airport, greeting me with a hug.
“Hi Mickey, how’s the family?” he smiled.
“They’re fine, dad.” I said quietly.
“I know that tone, what’s going on?” he picked up my suitcase.
“Marital problems dad. Nothing new.” I answered.
“Like what?” he examined me closely for cuts or bruises.
“I don’t want to talk about it dad. I just want to get this over with so I can go home to my daughter.” I sniffled.

-Chester-
As soon as I heard the car leave the driveway, I poured a drink, hands still shaking.
“What the hell is going on with you two?” Mike asked, crossing his arms.
“I can’t let shit go, Mike.” I downed the drink and poured another.
“Like what?” he asked.
“Like the fact that every fucking time I see her naked, all I can think about is her fucking you, and it makes me feel like shit. That I’m scared to death to leave her alone, because I don’t fucking trust her not to do it again with someone else. I worry every second she’s not in my sight, because I don’t know what she’s doing. I’m so fucking paranoid, I can’t think straight. I love that fucking girl, more than anyone else on the planet, but she’s making me crazy. I want her, but at the same time, I fucking hate her, and I don’t know how to fucking deal with it all.” I grabbed the bottle and turned it up, drinking the contents.
“Do you think she feels the same way about you?” he asked.
I looked up, “What do you mean?”
“You don’t think that she’s not scared too? You think she doesn’t worry about you fucking another girl again? You think the reason she’s so crazy is because she got hurt in all of that too?” he asked.
“She knows why I did that, and that it’s not going to happen again. I don’t know if you heard me, but I love her.” I said.
“I never said you didn’t. But it’s time you stopped lying to her and to yourself about why you really had sex with her sister. Because it wasn’t revenge. You fucked Chaun for the exact same reason Michelle fucked me, comfort. You were scared and confused about everything, and she was there to comfort you. You two have got to stop lashing out at each other over every little thing, and forgive each other. That is the only way you are going to survive this. I know that you shouldn’t have let her leave upset like that.” he finished.
I looked down at the empty whiskey bottle, “Well she’s gone now. Which mean all of this is going to stretch across the next seven days until she comes home and we talk about it.” I said.
“That’s a lot of time for her to think about it, and you know how Michelle over thinks.” Mike took the whiskey bottle from me.
“What can I do, Mike?” I asked.
“Chester, I’m not telling you what to do anymore. This is between you and Michelle. I’m not involved, and I don’t care to be. You two need to sort shit out. I have not touched her since we broke up last year, and I don’t plan to. I’ve told you that. We’re going home, but before we go, I’m going to give you some food for thought.” he said.
I looked up, “What?”
“Michelle is gorgeous and you know it. She could’ve had any man in the world that she wanted, but she chose you, and at the end of every day, every fight and everything, she has chosen you, hands down every time. If she didn’t want you, all she’d have to do is walk away. She did that once, but didn’t stay away. She has never been able to stay away from you. She promised to do better, to do right, and she has. She chose YOU.” He turned and walked out the door, Kayla behind him.

I set the empty glass on the table and sighed.
I walked into the living room, and sat on the couch.
On the end table next to me, was a picture of Michelle and I.
I picked it up and stared at it.
“We’ve really fucked each other up, haven’t we baby?” I whispered.
Her smiling face made me miss her, and regret the things I’d said to her before she left.
“Shit, why can’t I just leave well enough alone?” I asked aloud.
I put the picture on the coffee table across from me, and wen into the kitchen to get the other bottle of liquor, sitting back on the couch, I drank, staring at it.
When Brynlee woke up again, I could barely hold myself up, and I ended up falling over my feet in the hallway.
“Mama!” Brynlee called, crying.
“Hang on Brynn, Daddy’s coming.” I struggled to pull myself up.
“Mama, Mama, Maaaaammmmaaaa!” She cried.
I managed to get the door open and stumble in, catching myself on the crib, “Mama’s not here baby, she had to go away for work, let me get you.” I reached for her, but I lost my balance and toppled over into the floor before I could pick her up.
“Dada!” She screamed louder than before.
She was scared, and we were alone. Nobody else to pick her up and comfort her, or help me.
If Michelle found out that not only had I thrown away my sobriety, but rendered myself unable to care for our daughter, she’d be furious.
I pulled myself up on the bed, and reached over, unlatching the rail on the crib, dropping it.
Brynlee stopped crying and reached for me, “Dada.”
I leaned over and picked her up, still sitting on the bed.
When I got her, she buried her face in my shirt and sucked her thumb, feeling safe yet again.
I hugged her closer to me, “Daddy’s got you Brynlee. Daddy will always have you, no matter what.” I whispered, kissing her hair.
She was still for a few minutes, but she started fussing and wiggling again.
“I know, you’re hungry. Let’s go get you something to eat.” I pulled myself up on the dresser, and bracing myself on the wall with one hand, Brynlee in the other, I stepped lightly and carefully to the kitchen.
I put Brynlee in her high-chair and scooped mashed sweet potatoes into a bowl for her, mixing in a little milk, I gave her the bowl and a spoon, and fell into a chair.
She went to town, shoving fistfuls of orange mush into her mouth, smiling at me.
“God you’re so beautiful, Brynlee Faith. Why do you have to look so much like your mother?” I asked.
She just smiled and smeared sweet potatoes all over her face.
I grabbed the bagels out of the fridge and ate one to try and soak up some of the alcohol in my system, and hoped that I hadn’t driven Michelle away for good.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alrighty, as promised here is the first chapter of the Breaking The Habit sequel, Battle Symphony!
Things may have settled down for a minute, but with these characters, you can expect drama from somewhere, at some point.
Keep reading to find out what happens next, and I hope you like it!
Let me know in the comments section what you think!
-Nikki Fox