I Thought the Jetset Life Was Gonna Kill Him

Babysitting A 25 Year Old

‘’No, I am not giving you back your keys!’’ I yelled, shoving them into my pocket.

The tour had been cancelled, and we were now back in New Jersey. Gerard had turned up at my house a few minutes ago, asking for his car keys. I’d stolen them as soon as we got back. I didn’t want him driving.

‘’’Why the fuck not?!’’ He roared, frowning and taking another step towards me.
‘’I don’t want you driving,’’ I replied, sounding more calm.
Slowly, he raised his arm, and slapped me on the cheek, right under my eye.

‘’What the FUCK, Gerard?! CALM DOWN!’’ I shrieked, placing my hand on my cheek.
‘’Give me the keys now!’’ He begged, pushing me over and walking through the front door and into the lounge room.

‘’I don’t want you driving,’’ I repeated, sitting down on the lounge.
Smirking, Gerard threw a lamp to the ground, sending the light bulb smashing into a million pieces. I’d clean it up later. Right now, looking after Gerard was my priority.

I shook my head, and grabbed my phone out of my other pocket. I decided to call Frank. He was usually the one that looked after Gerard at times like this, so he’d know what to do.

**

Frank placed his hand on Gerard’s arm, and made an attempt to lead him out the door. We’d been trying to convince him to leave for about fifteen minutes now. I felt really bad for calling Frank at this time of night – it was 10:30pm, and he was probably asleep when I rang.

‘’C’mon, Gerard… I got some fresh coffee made for you back at your house,’’ Frank stated, pulling on his arm.
‘’I’m… not… going! I need my fucking keys!’’ Gerard bellowed, pulling away from Frank and sitting on the lounge.

Frank went to go sit down next to him, but I grabbed his arm, and pulled him over to the front door. I was careful not to Gerard out of my site. I had no idea what he might do.
‘’Y’know, he can stay here. He can sleep on the couch, as if he really cares. I’ll just make him some coffee and put a movie on or something to try and calm him down,’’ I explained, keeping my voice down.
‘’A-are you sure? It’s like babysitting a five year old with anger management problems,’’ He replied.
I nodded, and shoved Frank out the front door.