I Thought the Jetset Life Was Gonna Kill Him

Midnight Movie

I rolled over, tangling the sheets around me more in the process. Letting out a sigh of happiness, I curled up into a ball and continued to dream.

‘’Yuck, Jenna! Don’t breath in my face – your breathe stinks!’’ Exclaimed Gerard.
My eyes flickered opening, and Gerard was lying right next to me. In fact, our faces were inches apart.

‘’What the FUCK are you doing in my bed?! I thought you crashed on the couch?!’’ I shrieked, sitting up.
‘’It was cold! And I’m pretty darn sure I’m sober and clean – for the moment – so I wont try any moves on you,’’ He replied, sitting up next to me.
‘’Yeah, thanks for saying that the only guy who would even want to hit on me would have to be drunk, high and horny!’’ I yelled, punching the thick mattress.

He didn’t say anything for a few seconds, but began to speak just about as I was.
‘’I didn’t mean it like that, Jenna. You know I didn’t,’’ He whispered, ‘’Sorry. I stuffed another thing up. Great.’’
‘’Stuffed what up? I mean, yeah, you’re an alco and a druggy. That’s stuffing up. But what do you mean by another thing?’’ I questioned, lowering my voice.
‘’Nothing.’’
Then he sunk down into the sheets, and closed his eyes. I couldn’t question him until the morning.

**

The rays of sunlight shone through my curtain, and lightning up my room as the wind pushed the curtains, making them dance like puppets.
I sat up, and looked around the room.
It looked just like how I had left it last night.
But where is Gerard?

‘’Gerard?’’ I said, calling out his name, ‘’Gerard?!’’
The only reply I got was the chirping of a bird outside in the cool morning breeze.

I felt like I was stuck in one of those overly clichéd movies, where the guy and the girl have a one night stand, and the girl wakes up and the guy is gone. It was exactly like one. My eyes fell upon a note on my bed side table, and I instantly hurried over to read it.

To my dearest Jenna,
I needed to leave before I stuffed things up completely. I’m… well, at this moment, I don’t know where I’m going. But I’m going anywhere that I can clear my thoughts. I need to – bad. But I’ll see you soon, sugar.

love,
Gerard xx


I was curious as to whether he’d watched my chick-flick DVDs when I was asleep last night, but I pushed the slightly humorous thought out of my mind, and re-read the note over and over again.

What was he worried about? I doubt he could stuff things up any more.