I Thought the Jetset Life Was Gonna Kill Him

The Hardest Part Of This

I rolled off the couch, and frowned.
Pick up the phone fucker!
My phone rung loud and clear, and the boys would probably find it funny I still had their songs as my ringtones.

Not bothering to look at the caller I.D, I flipped my phone upon.
‘’Hello?’’ I said groggily, rubbing my neck.
‘’Hey, its Brian.’’
Brian was My Chem’s manager, and considering the fact I was close friends to the five guys, I had also become friends with Brian.

‘’Oh, hey!’’ I replied, sounding a little more enthusiastic.
‘’I’m… just ringing about Gerard. We had… a rather long phone conversation last night,’’ He explained, calmly.
‘’Oh.’’ It sounded like more of a question than a reply, so he kept talking.
‘’Yeah. I’m pretty sure he was sober and clean. He was really worked up, though. Like, he just kept saying over and over again that he had a problem with the alcohol and drugs,’’ Brian continued, sounding more stressed with every word.
‘’Oh… well… I… think I’ll go talk to him now, okay? Call me if he rings you again. Bye, Brian,’’ I said softly.
He echoed my goodbye, and I hung up.

**

For four days I was awoken by phone calls from Brian. They were all – sadly – about Gerard. He admitted twice to Brian he had a problem – the first two phone calls were about that. Then, he argued with Brian, saying he didn’t have a problem.

This morning was no different.
Pick up the phone, fucker!

‘’Hey Brian,’’ I said softly, rubbing my eyes.
‘’Jenna, this time he’s worse – ten times worse,’’ Brian explained, his words spilling quickly out of his mouth.
‘’H-how?’’ I stuttered, frowning.
‘’Gerard wants to kill himself. Jenna, he sounds serious. Please, talk to him, please. Just go look downstairs for him, and just do anything. Talk him out of it, distract him, please. I’m in Brooklyn – I can’t be there for him, and they’re in the middle of a tour. He can’t be seen like this. He needs to get clean. Just stop him from hurting – or killing - himself. Please,’’ Brian replied, sounding distressed.
‘’Okay, I will,’’ I said, and I hung up.
♠ ♠ ♠
about the calls from Gerard to Brian - it actually happened during the ''rock bottom period.''
so its sorta based on a true story in some ways.
comments are appreciated.