Status: Completed.

The Shorter the Skirt The Greater the Fame

17

ALEX'S P.O.V.

"Yo brah when's our next show?"

"Well the talent show dude, i think its next week", RIan said looking over at Zack.

"Yeah dude, its the Christmas festival."

"Ohh alright."

"So have you guys heard from Blake at all?"
They all looked around and shook their head. All of them suddenly having worried faces. I ran my fingers through my hair.
"Not since the day before winter break."
"Yeah, i dont know dude. Im worried about her. Ever since she came home from California shes changed."
"Yeah she has."
"Did you tell you anything when you were going out?" Rian asked looking over at Zack.
"Nahh dude, we didnt really talk."
"Uhhh EAR MUFFS!"
"Not like that dude. We didnt really talk much. I dont know."
"What about you Alex?"
"What about me?"
"Do you know something that you would like to share with the class?"
I looked over at Jack and suddenly my thoughts went straight to that night. The way i saw her from across the room. The way our bodies melted together when we danced. The way our lips matched when we kissed. The way she moved her body in my bed. The look in her eyes. For that moment and that moment alone i saw the real Blake. The girl that i loved as my best friends and as way more.
"Nah dude."
They all looked at me with questioning eyes and then just dropped it. My thoughts then turned into something else. Was she in drugs, was she anorexic now. I dont know what i was thinking and i didnt know what was wrong with her. It scared the shit out of me.
"Hey guys im gonna dip."
"Alright then."
I shook and hugged all of them and made my way to my car. I drove off to that familiar street. I got out of the car and marched up to the doorstep. I knocked letting my cold cracked knuckles hit the cold wooden door. Then i reached over and pressed my finger on the doorbell hearing it echo through the house. I looked at the door wishing i had some kind of power to go through it. The door cracked open and there was Ms. Kelly with red puffy eyes and obviously crying.
"Alex."
"Whats wrong, is Blake okay?!" i asked walking past her.
"She's up in her room."
I looked at her and then sprinted up the stairs and into the room down the hall. I knocked softly but there was no answer. I walked in slowly scared to what i might see. I peeked through the door and there she was. White as snow laying in bed. Dark black rings surrounding her eyes. I got closer and sat down next to her. Her eyes were closed and her chest was slowly raising up and then falling down with a quickness. I held her cold bony hand into mine and tears started to fall from my eyes.
"She didnt want you guys to see her like this?"
"Like what, whats wrong with her?" i asked with tears falling down my face.
"She has Leukemia."
"No she doesnt."
"Alex."
"I have to go, sorry."
I walked past her and down the stairs. Running past Danny and straight into my car. I sat there with tears falling down my face and my head on my steering wheel. Was this some kind of fucked up dream or joke. Was this because i took her virginity. What the fuck was going on? Then i heard the click of the passenger door opening. Someone slid in and shut the door.
"How long?"
"How long what?"
"How long have you guys knew?"
I looked over at Danny my vision blurred from the tears that were streaming down at this point.
"Since June."
"And you didnt think to tell me, to tell us. Here i was freaking out thinking the worst well not exactly cause this is the worst. Now i dont even know what im thinking and im rambling. I love her Danny."
"I know."
"No, i love her. I dont want to loose her."
"I know."
"I love her dude., i love her."