Status: Completed and under Revision

Life Sucks but Love Bites

19

Vanessa's POV

After my extremely long, car-less, run home my feet throbbed and my forearms hurt like a mother. I went into the dark kitchen and pulled out a glass and filled it with cool refreshing water. I lifted the glass to my dry lips and sucked it dry within a few short seconds. I refilled my drink a few more time before I finally quenched my thirst and place the glass in the marble sink. I looked around the dim lighted kitchen and wondered where my parents were. I couldn't shake off the feeling of curiosity that kept gnawing at the back of my head.

I opened my mouth to call them but when I did I realized that my throat felt like sand paper. Obviously I was still parched. I extended my arm and grabbed my discarded glass then refilled it again with water. I began to drain the glass of its continents when I looked over the rim and saw a note hanging on the fridge. I placed my drink on the counter and pulled the small note off the fridge. It was addressed to me and I quickly noticed that the note was written in my mother’s hand writing.

Hey darling! Your father was over at the Tyler's mansion and accidently bit into onion ring thinking it was one of those chicken rings we got from 'Tosca Kay' last winter. So now I'm driving the idiot to Dr. Ivan. Did you know that he moved? To Idaho? Who the heck would want to move there? Well, anyway it's going to be a while till we come back so get into as much trouble as possible and please don't disappoint me. I didn't raise you to be a goody two shoes so show me what you're made of kiddo. Oh yeah, make sure you don't forget to lock the door on your way out and make sure that your new friend is getting plenty to drink. You know the consequences if he doesn’t get enough.

Love your ever bothersome mother.

I rolled my eyes and let out a slow sigh.

That's mom for ya'

I folded the small letter and shoved it into my back pocket. The thought of icy blues eyes came into my mind. I was supposed to be getting Vic his…Meds. Somehow the fact he needed blood annoyed me. I shook off that feeling instantly and traveled out of the kitchen and opened a hard woodened door hidden off in the dim lighted hallway. I opened that door and felt around the wall until I found what I was looking for. I flicked on the stairway lights and began to make my way down them. The steps creaked and groaned under my weight as I hopped off the planks of wood.

Image

I was now in our family's wine cellar. This was the only place in the entire household that had not been remodeled or modified since the late 1700's. The floor was composed of dirt and dust, while our so called 'wine' was stored up on shelves or whatever it is you call them. I grabbed three bottles off the rack, all of them from 1987 with a label printed over it in which I didn't even attempt to try and pronounce. I dug my nail into the cork of one and popped it open to take a long swing. The contents of the bottle trickled down my still dry throat. It was thick, warm, and appeased my apatite that I didn't know I had. I brought the bottle away from my tingling lips and wiped my mouth off with the sleeve of my shirt.

I traveled back up the old set of stairs and hit the light switch, then watched as the lights flickered off before I made my to the kitchen to retrieve my backpack and loaded it with two of the three bottles. I then through my bag over my shoulder and took another long gulp out of the wine bottle. I then bolted out the door with my new found energy. Quickstep to school here I come.

I stopped dead on my front porch and almost dropped the wine bottle. There in my drive way was my baby. My shining brand new silver jag was waiting in my driveway. On the windshield was a note addressed to me. I dashed towards my car and tore the paper off the widow. I then read,

Sorry for the damage to the wheels but there all better now and we even sprayed the seat with a candy apple perfume to mask any scents my boys man have left behind.

Your truly sorry repairman,
Charles Dumass


A giant grin seeped its way onto my face as I read the letter.

Candy apple…. mmm my favorite!

I crinkled up the note and flew the front door open as the scent of candy apple hit my nostrils. My grin grew bigger as I got in and started up my baby. She purred to life and I couldn't contain my enthusiasm any longer. I 'whooped' and yelled my excitement out to the world, then giggled as I backed out of the driveway.

***

I pulled into the school parking lot to find Vic sitting on the hood of his car with his eyes shut and his arms folded behind his head. His long body was leaning against the windshield not a single muscle twitched or flexed as I approached him, which told me that he either didn't mind my presence anymore, that he had fallen asleep or maybe that he was oblivious of my presence.

I chose the last one.

I parked my car next to his and watched as people passed by our two cars. Their mouths literally dropped to the floor when they saw me get out of my jag and Vic sitting on his mustang. I guess they had the idea in their heads that we would be driving old junk yard cars like every other unpopular person, since we weren't that high up on the popularity charts. They quickly pulled out there phones and slowly walked away telling all their friends about our cars. I let out a long sigh then walked up to Vic. I watched as his chest slowly raised and fell, Vic was defiantly sleeping. I leaned against his car and watched him sleep, that peaceful expression he had plastered on his face made my heart beat faster. I don't know how long I stood there watching him sleep but I do know that I enjoyed every moment of it. When his eyebrows twitched I took a quick step back and observed as he took a quick sniff of air. Then his eyes snapped open and he jumped off the hood of his car with his fangs extended.

My eyes widened.

I can't believe he just bared his fangs at me in public!

The idiot!

I folded my arms over my chest and glared at him until his pure white fangs retreated back into his mouth. He didn't apologize for the way he acted but he did hop back onto his hood. Once he was comfortable he pulled out his keys from his pants pocket and began to twirl them around his fingers in utter boredom. His gaze was fixated on the schools doors and I guessed he was waiting for Danyelle to pop out so he could get the heck out of here and away from me.

I was about to lean against his car and inform him that Danyelle wasn't going to be coming out anytime soon because she was on the Newscast now but as soon as my forearms touched the side of his car, he let out a bone crushing growl that scared the living crap out of me.

"Okay will you stop doing that?" I shouted.

He smirked as his chest rumbled with another growl. I rolled my eyes as I opened my car door and reached for my backpack and the half empty wine bottle. I then slammed the door shut with my foot and hopped up on Vic's hood to sit right next to him. His body tensed as my elbow rubbed up against his. I smirked as I looked up into his bone chilling blue eyes and shoved the wine bottle into his hand. He glazed down at the bottle then quickly shoved it back into my hand. I closed my eyes and sighed.

"Vic will you please drink it." I asked politely.

He shook his head. "I don't give into peer-presser."

My eyebrow shot up. "Peer-presser?" I began laughing. "Vic it's not wine."

He looked at me like I was crazy then grabbed the bottle from my hands and pointed to the label. "Tenute Marchese Antinori is a famous wine label in Italy and this one is a classic from the year 1987. Your cheeks have more color in them than usually which leads me to believe that you're either drunk or well on your way."

My eyes widen and my mouth about fell off. That was possibly the most Vic had ever said to me. Okay and the fact that he was able to pronounce the label when I couldn't but hey I didn't know he spoke Italian.

I took a deep breath and said. "Vic I'm not drunk and I'm not getting drunk. The bottle isn't filled with wine it's filled with…." I looked around us to make sure no one was in hearing distance and realized that we were the only two in the parking lot. "…it's filled with blood" I finished in a low whisper.
I watched as his eyes grew larger and the muscles in his jaw flex. He was now fixated on the bottle and I could tell he was thirsty when he opened his mouth his fangs shot out. He quickly yanked his hand up to cover his mouth. I couldn't help but laugh. I shook my head and brought the bottle up to our eyelevel, and swished the liquid in the wine bottle around.

"This was donated Vic. It's alright for you to drink it." I said.

Like a little kid who was about to put his hand in the cookie jar, Vic hesitated. Then he suddenly yanked the bottle from my grip and downed the whole thing in five seconds flat. When it was drained of its fine liquid he simply tossed the bottle over his head and smiled as it shattered into pieces on the blacktop. He gaze then fell to my bag and he quickly snatched it away. I let out a screech of protest as he began to unhook the strap. I snatched it from him before he had the chance to get his greedy little hands on my personal things. He simple folded his hands onto his lap and waited patiently as I grabbed the two remaining wine bottles out of my bag and thrust them into his waiting hands. He sucked them down without a moment's hesitation and was nursing the second one when I said.

"You know Danyelle joined the school's newscast and won't be out until six, right."

Vic almost dropped the bottle out of his hands.

"What did you say?" I could hear the anger in his voice and mentally shivered.

I leaned my head against his window shield before I cleared my throat and tried to explain.

"Well, since you left me at your house I really don't see why I should tell you anything! Yet I got to skip school so I guess we're even. Okay I ran into Danyelle after the fourth hour and she told me about her little encounter with Reece-

"You mean that insane news cast lady! I thought I had heard the last of her!" Vic growled. His grip on the glass bottle increased until the pressure was too much and the bottle dispersed across his lap in tiny sharp edged pieces, cutting his hand in the process.

Female instinct took over as I quickly grabbed his hand and opened his rock hard grip. Glass shards were still embedded in his palm as his life's blood trickled down his cut fingers. I plucked the largest pieces first out of his hand and cursed loudly as the smell of his blood intoxicated my mind. Vic may not have been human anymore but his blood was just as tempting. He flinched only twice when I plucked out the two that had wedged themselves deep into his middle finger.

After I had finished my good deed I began to trail my fingers lightly over his palm, while avoiding his cuts that were now rapidly healing. His pale hand was calloused and hard making him seemed more masculine in my mind. I lightly traced the now quickly fading scars on his hand and sighed.

"Vic you’re an idiot." I stated and looked up into his cold eyes and was surprised to find him looking back at me with a smirk painted on his face. My heart dropped down into my butterfly filled stomach and started beating faster. His grip tightened on my hand suddenly as he pulled it up close to his face and stroked my fingers across his cold cheek. His eyes didn't wonder from mine as he slowly began to lean forward. I could feel the heat of my body rise to my face.

W-What is he doing?

Is he going to kiss me?

Bloody stakes I hope so!

His face was only a breath away from mine when he said. "No, you are." He then dropped my hand like it was a bag of hot rocks and leaned back onto his windshield.

It took me a moment to process what he had just said and when I did my blush quickly faded.

He just called me an idiot!

That pussy licking sissy!

Now I was pissed. I hopped off his hood and glared at him. I felt utterly humiliated and embarrassed. I couldn't believe I had actually thought he was going to kiss me!

"You jackass," I hissed. Vic frowned and folded his arms over his chest and shrugged my comment off. "Come on Vic let’s get going." He didn't move from his spot on his hood. "Vic, she's not coming out till six. Come on we have some training to do." He still didn't move. I waited for approximately fifteen minutes then I blew.

"Vic you either get off that hood or I'm going to march in there and get Danyelle and she's going to be pissed that I'm making her come out here because her older brother can't get his lazy butt off a car's hood to go and train." I almost screamed.

Now Vic honored me with one of his famous glares. I impatiently tapped my foot against the concrete, as Vic rolled his eyes and hopped off his car. I grinned victoriously and began to ask,

"Now since you don't know how to get to the training field do you want me your car or-"

As soon as the words 'your car' was uttered from my mouth Vic had taken out his car keys and had pushed the 'lock' button on the key pad. My smile grew as I skipped to the driver's seat of my Jag. It took us a good hour and a half to get from the school parking lot to the training field and boy was it a long drive. First Vic kept turning off my radio and then whenever I tried to engage him into a conversation he would just leave me talking to my steering wheel. So because there was no noise in the car it was a long and miserable ride to the training grounds.

Why the hell did I have to fall-

Don't even finish that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to everyone who commented and messaged me. I really enjoyed reading them all. :) i look forward to more of your comments and i hope that you enjoyed!