Status: Completed and under Revision

Life Sucks but Love Bites

05

Danyelle! Oh My God, it was DANYELLE!

I felt my knees go weak as the pool of blood formed around her head like a halo. Blood clung to the nape of her pale neck, and the dark liquid slowly began to flow down to her waist. I staggered a couple of steps closer.

H-How could this have happened?

My brain was screaming. I pulled my eyes away from the scene, staring at her wasn’t going to help her. I scanned the area quickly and noticed the smallest amount of blood on the corner of the refreshment table. She must have hit her head on the table. I looked around the floor and saw surprisingly nothing, no massive spill of punch that she could have slipped on, no crack in the gym floor she could have gotten her heels stuck in or anything but a few pieces of confetti. Someone tripped her. I could feel my fangs extent as revenge pumped through my veins. I looked at the crowd that was surrounding Danyelle. Names popped in and out of my mind searching for anyone who might just get a kick out of this. Most of them wouldn’t even know who Danyelle was and the rest of them didn't think this was such a humorous joke. Yet through the many faces only one had a small cruel smirk. That person was Sues.

Damn it, I had forgotten all about her!

Anger boiled over inside of me. I was going to rip out her throat. I started to take a step towards her when Goosebumps appeared on my arms. Fear replaced my rage as the blood thirsty rouge took a step towards Danyelle. Every part of my body was telling me to get Danyelle out of there.

But it's her brother…maybe he could help.

Oh yeah…let’s just hand her over while she's defenseless and covered in blood, I'm sure a ROUGE VAMPIRE would just love that!

I slowly turned around half expecting him to try and kick the living crap out of me or start feeding off Danyelle, but instead I found those icy blue eyes staring at his beloved little sister. A ping of sorrow hit my heart, I actually felt sorry for him to see her there bleeding …all over the floor. BATS and there I was standing around doing nothing and enjoying the freaking show. I started to turn back around to take a closer look at Danyelle, when I saw just the tiniest bit of red hit his blue eyes. That little bit of red shot out and infected the whole eye in a matter of seconds. I had to get Danyelle out of there before her own brother finished her off.

Why don't we just kill him and get it over with.

Hmm let me think… oh yeah because it's Danyelle's brother!

Oh right…. And because he's hot right?

In all my years of training I was taught to kill Rouge vampires on the spot and knew a hundred different ways to do just that but…I was never trained to run from them. Even if I looked past the fact that he was her brother I would still be hesitant about killing him, I mean he was still a person.

If I killed him Danyelle would be safe, if I fought him while he was in a frenzy I might not make it. I weighed my options. I had a big decision to make and I could tell by the look in his eyes that I didn't have a long time to think about it either. So I did what I had to do. I ran for Danyelle and picked her up as quickly as possible and got the heck out of that place. Already in my mind I was thinking about where I could take her. My thoughts ran through the school's layout as I frantically tried to outrun him.

The roof top would have to do, because it was the closest and safest place in the school. As soon as I was outside I used my vampire strength and jumped two stories up and landed onto the roof. Two by fours, nails, and washers were lying carelessly across the roof top due to the schools new air vents being installed. I walked over to the clearest part of the roof and set Danyelle gently down. I watched her carefully as her chest rose and fell slowly. I was relieved that she hadn't lost enough blood to where her heart would stop so hopefully it wasn’t too bad. I lifted the back of her neck carefully to observe the damage. All of the blood that had come out had to mean something was seriously wrong. When I lifted the back of her head to look at it there was this scrape the size of quarter right where her skull connected to her neck. It wasn't anything serious, if you got hit there a lot of blood was going to come out but you weren't going to die from a quarter size scrape!

Yeah but that's so going to hurt in the morning.

I started to pick Danyelle up, to take her somewhere else, when I heard a ground breaking growl come from behind me. That single growl made my entire body quake. I trembled as I placed Danyelle carefully down on the floor. I took a deep breath as I rose. I gave her a final look before I went into an unwinnable battle. I let my eye lids fall and hoped that when I opened them again they'd look as intimidating as my cold blooded opponent. While concentrating I extended my fangs until I thought my gums were going to bleed, and flashed my eyes open. I gave him the hardest glare I could manage then cracked open my mouth to let a low hiss escape.
I knew two things right then and there. One, Vic was about four inches taller than me and two, he was FAST!
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading please comment or message me to tell me what you think I really like to know what you think about them :)