Counting Your Face Among the Living

Goodbye Today

Frankie's POV

"Wh.What's wrong with his mom?" Mikey asked. I had no clue what happened to my mother. I don't know if she was dead, hurt, or anything. The wait for him to speak was agony, like acid hitting my skin with a stroke of a feather.

"Frank, when you two came in, we had some tests done on your mother." He said. I felt like vomit was reaching it's way up my thought.

"Stop stalling, and tell 'um!" Mikey said, trying to speed up the news.

"Well Frank, it seems that your mother might have lung cancer. We need to test you, to see if you could have it." The doctor said.

"But Frankie doesn't smoke that much." Mike told the doctor trying to convince him that I was okay.

"Well even though lung cancer is mostly caused by smoking, it can also be passed on genetically. Lung cancer is the most common cancer killer in the world, that's why we need to run some more tests on your mother, and in a few days, you as well." The doctor said.

Even though I couldn't speak, I felt like my whole body was screaming. Why did god hate me so much? Why was he making my life a hell? When I look back on it, with in this past month all these things have happened to fast for one person to adjust to. The one I loved tried to kill him self, I moved to New York, I get in a car crash, and to top is all off, my mother and I might have cancer.

"Frankie, I. I'm so sorry." Mikey said before putting his hand on my own.

I couldn't give any remark. Being as I couldn't move anything without pain shooting up my nerves, causing great amounts of pain. I wanted to badly to just go home, and pretend like nothing ever happened. To pretend like this was all a dream. To go back to the day I realized I was in love with Mikey, and start all over.

I wanted to badly for nothing to happen to my mother. She was my only parent left. The only parent that wouldn't hurt me. The only parent that actually loved me. I know I was getting in over my head. It's not like she would die tomorrow if she did have it. That very though brought so many more thoughts like it in my head. What if she's had it longer than they think, and does die tomorrow? Will I ever get to see my mom again?

I couldn't help but notice the steady amounts of tears coming from my eyes. I looked over to see Mikey with his eyes watering up. I knew he wanted do badly to help, but what could he do? What could I do? What could anyone do? With my luck, they wouldn't be able to help my mother. Then I would go on for the rest of my lifewondering knowing it was my fault.
♠ ♠ ♠
You may have noticed that if it's MCR I don't do their titles...Your reading a MCR fic...You should know the songs...shouldn't you?

*I haven't decided if I want Frankie to get cancer yet..I know all of you will tell me not to...but where's the fun in that?
1.Comment!? It will make me and my newly named conscious -apple- happy! It was a debate between apple or orange...and I picked apple because...I was eating an apple when I named it!
2. tw!sted.l!fe- Yeah, the only reason I wrote the first one was because I had nothing better to do than tell my dog to "s'get" the thunder whenever she heard it....then laugh until I fell on my ass off of the computer chair whenever she ran off of the couch and into the door because she thinks she can get it...So being as it was 4:30 I was tired, but I didn't want to go to sleep because I was watching The Golden Girls, and so I wrote that....bad...very bad chapter...
3. Alright you know, my mother sucks! I was so close to filling my bathtub with empty energy drink cans and bottles, and she said that she'll buy me more when I throw all my other ones away...Yep I saved all the bottles and cans...only so I could fill up my bathtub!
-xoxo.a.
p.s- all chapters like this will be with a cancer title!
p.s.s- what does p.s mean?