Battle of the Bands, Battle of the Hearts

So What?

He's such a frickin prick.

I rested my head in my hand and stared at the cement wall of the backstage studio room of the venue. The thought had been on my mind for the last two days and I couldn't shake it. Damn it, he was messing me up. Why the hell couldn't I stop thinking about him?! All it was was sex. Twice. So what? I mean, I'd slept with guys before and been able to forget about them so why the hell won't the thought of Hi-me leave me alone? I sighed audibly and slid my hand gently down the strings of my bass.

"Kai, you ok?" I looked up and my brother stood in front of me, chewing on his snakebites anxiously. While Tony and I got along, we weren't that 'super tight sibling unit' in sitcoms. We were more friends, and band mates now. I forced a smile for his benefit.

"I'm fine, nee." He sat down next to me, playing with the strap on his guitar.

"Don't let Hi-me get to you, I know he can be a bit much sometimes, but you're a good bassist. Just play and it'll be fine." This time my smile was real. He thought I was nervous about the show, not over my current obsession with Hi-me. I stood up and extended my hand to him.

"Come on, big brother. Let's go tear this up."

****************

The lights were pulsating around me as I allowed the music to flow through my fingertips. I strode over to the drum set, headbanging with Mike. It was like old times again. Playing the venues with my best friends, only this time it was my brother on the other side of the stage instead of Kevin. It was like before all the crazy band drama. Before Hi-me.

Speaking of whom, where was the little fucker? I leaned into my mic, breathing out my back up lyrics and scanning the crowd. It was a packed house tonight and they were ready to party and we were giving them a fucking party! A flash of striped hair caught my attention. I felt a sharp pain in my chest. The crowd wasn't the only one ready to party. Hi-me was standing off to the corner of the stage with his arm resting against wall, trapping a petite little blonde in front of him. A coy smile curved his lips. All my senses cut off. My movements were mechanical and without emotion. I stood still on the stage, my fingers fingering the notes purely out of habit. I felt like I was broken. But the actual feeling wasn't what bothered me.

WHY did I feel this way? It didn't make any sense. So what if Hi-me went off and fucked some random girl tonight? So what if he took her to his apartment? So what if he let her play the stingray? What did I care? I mean, it would matter if I actually cared about HIM, but-

It was then that it hit me.

I was in love with Jaime Preciado.

Holy Shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, but obviously important, lol.

So I super love HOCKEY GIRL right now. Mainly because she got what was going on in the last chapter when Kailyn (pronounced KY-LIN, btw) so abruptly left Jaime after that one little thing he said. Kailyn has some serious walls up here, and he just hasn't been able to break them down yet. And there is a reason that they're up. There is a rhyme and a reason to my evil ways. =)

Anyway, love you guys!!

Comment
please and thank you

<3 W^C