Love Will Tear Us Apart

What no apple?

//Patrick's P.O.V//
Joe and Jade were walking over to our hangout when she stopped he did not notice and kept walking he reached the tree and climbed onto the lowest branch (it was his usual spot). She remained standing there nervously as if unsure if she should join us or not Joe seemed to notice my gaze he looked over at her “hey Jade get your butt over here now.” She looked at Joe with an appreciative smile on her face I wished she would smile at me just then she walked over to the spot where I was sitting. “Do you mind if I sit here?” I stared at her in disbelief she seemed a little creeped out she awkwardly started to back away. “n-n-no you can sit he-he-here if you want” I said choking on my words she smiled and sat down next to me leaning her back on the tree trunk. She opened her messenger bag and pulled out ‘the sun also rises’ by Ernest Hemmingway Pete's eyes instantly lit up “you like Hemmingway?” she looked up and nodded “yeah he’s one of my favorite authors.” “Mine too” Pete said obviously excited to have someone to talk to about Hemmingway with she smiled at him one last time before disappearing behind her book. I pulled my lunch out of my backpack then I remembered that I had knocked Jades apple out of her hand this morning so I took mine and said “Jade.”

She looked up seeming startled I held my apple up to her “here to umm compensate for the loss of your apple” she smiled and said “thanx I’m starving” as she took the apple from my hand. She took a bite and gave me one more smile before disappearing behind her book again, everyone was kind of quiet until Jade said “hey that’s mine” I looked up from my note book (I was finishing my English homework). Joe had jumped off the tree branch and started to run while taking a bite from the apple I had just given Jade, she jumped on to her feet dropped her book. Pete picked her book up and started to read it (even though he had read this book numerous to times and by the looks of it so had Jade) Andy and I watched Jade chase after Joe “who is that girl is she Joe's new girlfriend?” asked a familiar voice. I looked up and saw my older brother Michael (he is also a senior).He was watching as Jade tackled Joe and took back her apple she stood up and took a bite out of the apple and started walking back towards us. “No she’s our new friend” Pete said not taking his eyes off of the page he was reading, I hated the way Michael was looking at her I could tell he thought she was pretty and he always got the girls he wanted.

“Nice job Jade,” Andy said smiling “can I have a bite of that apple?” Pete asked still reading “ok” she said quietly as, she noticed Michael’s presence, she handed Pete the apple. “That’s not fair he takes your book and he gets some apple I take your apple and I get tackled” Joe said angrily but she was not listening because she was looking at Michael with the same creeped out look she had given me. “hi I’m Michael Patrick’s older brother” he said holding out his hand she shook his hand quickly “nice to meet you I’m Jade the girl that Patrick knocked down” he looked at me as I was looking at Jade and said “oh.” Leave it to my brother to be the last to realize I had a crush on the new girl “well I gotta go but I came to apologize for turning your alarm off and not waking you up and since its my fault mom doesn’t have to find out you were late” he said as he started to walk away. “See you on Friday!” Joe shouted after my brother “what's on Friday?” Jade asked obviously more comfortable around us “and movie night” Andy said grinning.

“Umm Jade would you like to come watch a movie on Friday?” I asked starting to feel more comfortable around her “if it’s ok with everybody then sure it’s not like I have any other plans” every one nodded their approval then the bell rang. Every one walked off to go to their last classes for the day but Jade was standing in front of me as if waiting for me “umm are you waiting for me?” I asked quietly, hoping I was not wrong she nodded “Joe said we had the same class right now so I thought we could walk together” “did Pete leave? He usually waits for me since his class is right next to ours.” She smiled and said; “he ran off as soon as the bell rang probably hoping I wouldn’t notice he had taken my book” I smiled yep that seemed like Pete.

//Jade’s P.O.V on Friday//
I pulled on my black green day tank top, my dark jeans; I laced up my black converse and ran my brush through my hair a couple times, pulled on my black hoodie with a purple heart on it. When the doorbell rang “damn it” I mumbled as I walked out of my room and realized my mom had opened the door. “Elizabeth there’s someone here to see you” “call me Jade” I shouted. Who would come here? I wondered as I walked down the stairs and there he was with his mischievous grin. “Casey” I exclaimed jumping into his open arms “you’ve only been here a week and you already miss me this much” he said laughing, “What are you doing here?” I asked pulling away from him “spring break” he answered. “Oh yeah” I said noticing the look on my mom’s face “umm are you going to stay here?” I asked glancing at my mom she put on a fake smile “we would be happy to have you here” she said. “Well thank you very much auntie Marie I would be delighted to stay” he said using an overly cheery voice “umm mom?” she looked away from Casey and said, “Yes Elizabe-I mean Jade.”

“Remember I told you I had made some new friends at school” she gave me a look that clearly said get to the point “well they invited me to their house to see a couple of movies and it’s tonight and they wouldn’t mind if Casey came along.” She looked at Casey she didn’t have to think too long “ok go” I smiled and made my way to the door quickly my hand was on the door knob “Jade” I reluctantly turned around “be home before curfew” I nodded and stepped onto the porch. “Jade” I turned around again “call me if you need a ride” “ok mom, hey Case I’ll race you to the stop sign” I said trying to get away from my mom “you’re on” he said running after me. When we got to the stop sign, I sat down on the sidewalk Casey sat next to me and said, “We all missed you” “I missed you too so what's going on with the guys?” “Nothing much Micah is still obsessed with his hair, Erin still uses big words; Matt still wastes his allowance on crap, and umm JT is dating Niki” he said trying to see my reaction.

I smiled “Niki Ross?” he nodded “that’s great” “wow you seem to be taking this well” he said sounding slightly bemused. “Case didn’t JT tell you we were dating so Niki would tell him she liked him” he shook his head “no he didn’t that asshole but that was nice of you.” I smiled and looked down at my watch and stood up “what are we waiting for?” “You’ll see.” I said as he stood up “how much do you want to bet your mom is going through my stuff to see if I brought any thing illegal” he said jokingly I laughed knowing that she probably was going through his stuff. Just then I felt someone’s arms wrap around me and I jumped then I turned around “oh hi Joe” I said hugging him when I got out of the hug both Casey and Joe asked “who’s he?” “Joe this is my cousin Casey, Casey this is my friend Joe and his hair fluffy.” Joe and Casey were talking about music while I followed behind singing ‘smells like teen spirit’ under my breath we walked about ten minutes before we stopped at a nice looking white house then Joe ran to the garage leaving me and Casey alone. “So you and Joe seemed to be getting along” I said smiling “well he’s a little weird but he’s cool just don’t date him” I raised my eyebrows “what? Why?” “Well I don’t think he’s good enough for you to date.”

I rolled my eyes “okay Case whatever you say” just then Pete walked out and said “hi Jade” then he turned to Casey “hi I'm pete you must be Casey” they shook hands and we followed Pete into the garage. Then Andy ran up to us and said, “Hi Jade” and turned to Casey “so you’re the renowned Casey we’ve heard so much about” Casey smiled and said, “Who are you?” “Oh sorry I almost forgot to introduce myself I’m Andy” (I was always entertained by how timidly and quickly Andy spoke). Just then Patrick walked into the room carrying a bunch of water bottles he then handed them out when he got to me I smiled and said “what no apple” he smiled and I gave him a quick hug “Case this is Patrick, Patrick this is my cousin Casey.”
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks for reading <3 CLAUDIA