Love Will Tear Us Apart

I approve

//Patrick's P.O.V//
I just met Jade’s cousin Casey and he is really cool we like a lot of the same music and I can see why Jade likes being around him he is really funny and can make the shyest person outgoing. “so umm should we go watch the movie?” I asked aware that Casey was looking at me and then would occasionally glance at Jade “so what are we watching?” she asked looking at me (I swear I get lost in those eyes every time I look into them) “Rushmore” I said prying my eyes away from hers. “That’s one of my favorite movies,” she said trying to meet my eyes again “mine too,” I said locking my eyes back onto hers we stood there looking at each other until Joe cleared his throat loudly enough to make us break our gaze.

I blushed but acted like nothing had happened and walked inside with everyone following behind me I told everyone to sit down as soon as we reached the living room then I went to my room to go get the movie when I heard someone walking behind me. I turned around and Jade was behind me “sorry if I startled you I was just wondering if I could use your bathroom my contacts are bugging me I think I’m going to put on my glasses” “you wear contacts?” “well I only need to wear my glasses to read but since I’m always reading I leave my contacts on all day.” she said rubbing her eyes a little I smiled “the bathrooms right there” I said pointing at the second door on the left “thanx” she said walking into the bathroom. I got the movie and walked into the living room where all the guys were sitting on the sofa or on the couch, leaving the loveseat, I shrugged and put the movie in and hit pause to wait for Jade and sat down on the loveseat.

She walked into the living room wearing some glasses she even looked gorgeous wearing glasses they made her nose look smaller and made her oval face seem a little more graceful and instead of hiding her eyes they made them more noticeable and they seemed more, if possible, stunning. She came over to the loveseat and sat down next to me “Casey’s a loser” she said laughing everyone looked at her “why am I a loser?” he asked pretending his feelings were hurt. “Because everyone is wearing glasses but you” I looked around and realized she was right because Pete and Joe had put theirs on and Andy and I always wore ours I smiled at her observant nature.

Joe had hit play and we were watching the movie when I noticed Jade was sitting a lot closer to me I hoped this meant what I thought it meant I reached my hand out and placed it on hers. She looked at me and smiled she turned her hand around and laced our fingers thankfully none of the guys noticed or they would have made a big deal out of it. As soon as the credits rolled onto the screen she let go, of my hand, I turned the TV off and she looked at her watch “well it’s almost time for us to go” she said sighing “do you want us to walk you?” Pete asked. She shrugged “if you want to” she looked at her watch again and said “Case we have to go” we all got up and followed her out the door “Jade do you want a piggyback ride?” Joe asked she nodded and ran up to him he bent down so she could jump onto his back.

Pete and Andy walked ahead of everyone talking about changing some songs, which left me bringing up the rear with Casey he put on a serious look and said, “I saw you two holding hands.” I blushed “I umm…” I started “its ok I approve of you you’re actually one of the few guys I have ever approved of” I smiled this meant a lot to me because Jade and Casey were so close and she looks up to him. “And I know she likes you too” he said smiling “really?” I asked hoping he was right and she was not holding my hand because she felt sorry for me he nodded “I could tell by the way you were both looking at each other. We walked her all the way to her door we all took turns hugging her goodnight it was my turn when her mom and dad opened the door.

“Elizabeth Jade Calvert you are late” she looked down at her watch and said “I’m only late by like one minute” I glanced at my watch and saw it was 9:32(her curfew is nine thirty). Damn and I thought my mom was over protective “her mom gave her a look that clearly said ‘we’ll deal with this later’. “Umm Mr. and Mrs. Calvert I’m sorry she’s late it was my fault I lost my contacts and she was helping me locate them to no avail hence the reason why I’m wearing my glasses” Pete said convincingly. Mrs. Calvert sighed and said, “Ok I’ll let it slip this time” “Mr. and Mrs. Calvert we were going to go into the city tomorrow so we could go, for lack of a better word, shopping and we were wondering if Casey and Jade could come along.” Mr. Calvert seemed to be drawn in by Pete's charm “will they be back before curfew?” he asked.

I nodded my head “we’ll make sure to get them here before curfew in fact my older brother Michael and I will personally bring them to your doorstep.” “I guess it is ok then but you kids should get home,” Mr. Calvert said pulling her inside and closing the door in our faces “I can see why she hates her parents”, I mumbled as Joe said, “they are fucking assholes.” We walked back to my house the guys continued talking about Jades parents but I was thinking about how soft her hand was. I was remembering how she looked with her glasses on and I wished that she could have given me a hug before her parents came out.

//Jade’s P.O.V//
“Why would you slam the door in their faces I didn’t even say goodbye to Patrick!” I shouted as I ran up the stairs “Jade wait up!” Casey said chasing after me I ran into my room and flopped onto the bed I would have slammed the door but I knew Casey was going to come up. Sure enough he walked through the door “do you want me to slam it?” he asked I nodded he slammed the door shut and sat down on my bed “I approve” he said stroking my hair.

I sat up “what?” “I approve of you and Patrick” I smiled “there’s nothing going on between me and Patrick” “sure that’s why you two are always looking at each other and that’s why you two were holding hands during the movie.” I blushed “Case shut up” “well even if you want to deny that you guys like each other I still approve of him” I smiled and hugged him “thanx Case” I mumbled before walking out of the room with some clothes to change into.
♠ ♠ ♠
THANKS for reading if I could I'd give YOU all a huge CUPCAKE with rainbow sprinkles and a CHERRY on top.
<3 CLAUDIA