Status: Re-working. Sorry.

Let Me Break This Awkward Silence

Chapter 9

Chapter 9

I walked upstairs to the study/computer/music room. Personally I think he could have come up with a better name. I mean seriously, the ‘study/computer/music room’? I shall name it The Random room.

Yes I do name almost anything that I have come in contact with.

Wow, you know I really didn’t think that Gerard would have such a nice piano, sure it’s not a grand piano, it’s better than the old keyboard that I used to play. Sadly it broke earlier this year…Ah, I missed playing piano’s.

I walked over to it, sat down and started playing “Cancer” by My Chemical Romance.
Yeah I know, if I hated Gerard, why was I playing a My Chemical Romance song? Easy answer, I like the band, not Gerard.

I was a little rusty, not having played since July, so I messed up a couple times on the intro, but I soon got it back.

“Turn away, if you could get me a drink of water ‘cause my lips are chapped and faded. Call my Aunt Marie, help her gather all my things, and bury me in all my favorite colors. My sisters and my brothers still, I will not catch you, ‘cause the hardest part of this is leaving you…” I sang quietly, getting into the song. It was always a favorite song for me to sing, even though it hit really close to home.

One of my teachers, Ms. Kayla Huff, died of cancer. She got breast cancer at the age of 25, and died. Every time I hear the song, I think of how she fought it to the end…

“Now turn away, ‘cause I’m awful just see, ‘cause all my hairs abandoned all my body, oh my agony, know that I will never marry. Baby I’m just soggy from the Chemo, and counting down the days to go. It just ain’t living! And I just hope you know:

“That if you’d say goodbye tonight, I’d ask you to be true, ‘cause the hardest part of this is leaving you…’Cause the hardest part of this is leaving you…’Cause the hardest part of this is leaving you…” I finished, sighing deeply.

“’Now, what should I sing?’ Alyssa asks herself…” I joked to myself; it was always a custom to do that with me and Kaysi when we couldn’t think of anything to do.

So we talked in third person, and let me tell you, while you get weird looks from your mother, its hell of fun.

Gerard’s Point of View

“Did you see that?! Did you!? I was just going to say that they seemed like nice kids and BAM! She snubs me!” I yelled, frustrated.

“Gerard, calm down. She’s in a delicate position right now. She has no idea what you’re going to say, so she is probably just building up walls so you can’t get to her. You’ve done it before.” Mikey said grabbing the last of the coffee, and sitting down, “Now on to more important issues, when are you going to have her meet Mom and Dad?”

“You’ve talked to them huh?” I sighed banging my head on the table in annoyance.

“They called this morning, and well Alicia was wondering when she got to meet her niece…Plus I’m wondering too. She has to meet her grandparents sometime Gerard, preferably before they die as well.”

“Hey I’m not saying that she shouldn’t, but think about this: she was a bitch to me, her father. How is she going to be with her grandparents? Hell, Mikey you didn’t hear her in the car ride going home, she made some points. We ignored her existence for the past fifteen years, and well, I’m scared what she’ll say to Mom and Dad. She’ll attack – Wait do you hear that?” I said listening quietly as I heard what sounded like “I Don’t Love You”, only it was being played on the piano, instead of guitars.

“Come one…” I said quietly walking up the stairs. We sneaked up quietly and paused down the hall from the room with my piano.

“…And after all this time that you still owe, your still gone for nothing, I don’t know, so take your gloves and get out. Baby, get out! While you can…When you go, would you even turn to say: I don’t love you, like I did yesterday?

“…Sometimes I cry so hard from pleading, so sick and tired of all this needless beatings. But baby when they knock you, down and out, is where you ought to stay…And after all the blood the you still owe, another dollar’s just another blow, so fix your eyes and get up, baby get up, while you can. Whoa, Who-oa.

“When you go, would you even turn to say: I don’t love you, like I did yesterday? Aw come on, Come on!!” She sang getting into what would have been Ray’s guitar solo. I have to say, while I like it better on the guitar, it sounded pretty good on the piano. She must have worked hard transposing it.

Damn she had a good voice too, reminded me of Amelia’s. Hell everything of her reminded me of Amelia. The way she talked, stood, except her eyes, Amelia’s were crystal blue, her eyes are a honey hazel.

“Well when you go, would you have the guts to say: I don’t love you, like I loved you yesterday. Ah-ah-ha! I don’t love you, like I loved you yesterday! I don’t love you like I loved you yesterday!” She finished sighing. She sat there for a couple minutes, pecking on the keys as if trying to decide what to play next, could only name a couple songs, and then the front doorbell rang.

“Oh yeah, the band called too...They’re coming over…” Mikey said sheepishly, rubbing his neck.

“Come on…” I said creeping downstairs, peering over my shoulder to see Alyssa looking out the window.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey y'all.
Bit of a longer note today.
This one was one of my favorite chapters to write 'cause My Chem helped me when my family member got cancer, and "I Don't Love You" is a song that helped me when I went through a lot of boy trouble.
Another thing, is please comment. I want to know how it is. Around 40% of you readers out there are subscribers! I want to here you! Or message me.
If I don't get at least eight comments, the next chapter won't go up.
Oh and Kudo's to:
GeeandBobrockmysocks (I hope the name is right, I'm blonde right now...)
Cuz that person comments SOOOOOOOO much!