But Have You Seen This Girl?

Knight in Shining Armor

"How can you be best friends with him?! I'd shoot myself." Kait shrieked as she handed off Jimmy to Jeff before walking onto the cute bus.

"He means well, he's just.." Jack started.

"A bit of an asshole?" she asked coming out of the bunk area carrying a harry potter book.

"Yeah, basically."

She sighed aggravatedly and threw herself onto the couch.

"Kait, I talked to him. He's going to drop the file. He's not going to fight for custody." he said as his hand grazed hers. "You should be happy."

"I am, but..."

"But what?" he questioned as his fingers laced with hers.

"He's still going to want to spend time with Jimmy. That means I'll have to spend time with him."

"Kait, it won't kill you. After all you were the one who was in love with the fool." Jack interjected.

"Don't remind me. I claim I was a tad insane."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well look what we have here." an all too familiar voice growled from behind Kaitlyn. She sighed as she readjusted Jimmy on her hip and continued to make her way through the crowd. But he wouldn't leave her alone.

"Where you headed Kait?"

"Away from you." she grumbled.

"Who's the kid?" he asked as he was now striding along side of her.

She ignored him and continued her pace, only a few more feet until the Cute bus. Kaitlyn could hear him sigh in frustration before he grabbed a tight grip around her petite wrist.

"I asked you a fucking question Kait!" he spat.

"Get your fucking hands off of me Ronnie!" she growled back.

"I think someone needs to be taught a lesson in how to respect me." Ronnie stated as he pulled Kait close. Jimmy started crying as he did.

"Is it Barakat's kid?"

But Kaitlyn didn't have a chance to answer, before someone interveened, answering for her, "No, he's mine."

Kaitlyn turned to her left to see Alex standing there, at that particular moment, with the sun hitting behind him like that, he looked perfect. He looked like her knight in shining armour that she fell in love with a year ago.