But Have You Seen This Girl?

He's Too Busy Looking For Your Brain

That night Kaitlyn decided not to go to the party that was being held, knowing that Alex would most likely be there and that was something that she did not want to deal with. She was determined to avoid Alex at all costs. Even if that meant coming off the bus only to work the merch tent and staying in the bus the rest of the time.

The boys had left for the party about an hour ago, leaving Kaitlyn alone in the bus. Silence. It was nice, after spending all day in the sun and listening to blaring music, it was a nice escape. Kaitlyn still really wasn't talking to any of the boys of Cute Is What We Aim For. She was really hurt that they would really lie to her about something so serious, just because they needed a merch person. It made her think what kind of friends did she have? She knew for a fact that she would never ever do this to someone. Although the boys did truly seem sorry for lying to her, it just didn't seem like it was enough.

Kaitlyn sat in the living area currently wearing plaid boxer shorts and one of Shaant's old t-shirts that he never wore anymore, while she sat eating cherry garcia ice cream. Her two favorite boys, that could never let her down, Ben and Jerry. Since the boys were out, she had total control of the tv, she had popped into A Walk to Remember. She always did this when they boys were not here to object.

Dean:If there is a greater power, why is it he can't get you a new sweater?
Jamie: Because, he's too busy looking for your brain.

This movie always lifted her spirits. Always reliable. The credits started rolling an hour later leaving Kait and the empty remains of the pint of ice cream scattered on the couch, when a faint knocking was heard at the door. So faint that Kaitlyn could've sworn that she imagined hearing someone knocking at the door. Kaitlyn slowly rose from her seat and quietly walked down the steps until she was standing right in front of the door.

"Hello?" she called out.

"Open the door." a voice came from the other side of the door.

"Who is it?" she asked as she looked at the clock. It only read ten o'clock. She knew it was too early for one of the boys to be coming back to the tour bus.

"Kaitlyn please just open the door."

That's when it clicked. It was Alex.

"Go away Alex." she yelled at him through the door.

"Kaitlyn please...let me in." he begged.

Kaitlyn knew Alex all too well to know that he sure as hell wasn't sober at the moment. If she let him in things would definitely happen that she did not want to happen, things would be said to one another, things Kaitlyn did not want Alex to know. She decided to not let Alex come aboard the bus.

"Alex you're drunk. You're not coming in here, so just go back to the party." she said loud enough for Alex to hear but not so loud that she was yelling at him.

"Kaitlyn , I'm not fucking drunk. Please just let me in, I need to talk with you." he insisted.

"No. Go away, please, just go away." she said before retreating to her bunk, shutting off the lights in the bus.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Kaitlyn , I'm not fucking drunk. Please just let me in, I need to talk with you." he insisted as he was looking for any sign that she was unlocking the bus door.

"No. Go away, please, just go away." she replied to Alex through the door.

Alex searched the window in hope for maybe spotting her face looking down at him, but nothing. The lights suddenly went out, suggesting that Kaitlyn had gone to bed, leaving Alex out in the summers night wishing that he was inside with her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning Kaitlyn woke up to the steady swaying of the bus, suggesting that they were on the road again, heading to their next venue. Expecting everyone to still be asleep Kaitlyn stumbled out of her bunk and into the living area to see all of Cute already there. They all were too busy to notice Kaitlyn walk in, until Jeff looked up from whatever they were working on at the table. He quickly grabbed everything and hid them from Kaitlyn's sight. That caused everyone to turn and look at her, with smiles on their faces. She didn't return the smile, but walked over to the fridge and grabbed a water bottle and walked back to her bunk. The rest of the ride Kaitlyn remained in her bunk until she went and got ready for the day ahead of her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alex sat at their merch tent with Nano, who was helping some fan, while managing to get her number. He seemed quite excited about scoring some girls number, but Alex soon tuned him out and returned to his own thoughts. He looked down at his sidekick, scrolling through his contacts searching for someone to text but stopping as he came across one, My Baby<3 . Alex never did have the guts to erase her from his contacts, he always had the hope that he would be able to call her that once again. He stared at the ten digit number, wondering if she had changed her number since then. Alex went to press the green call button but refrained from doing so. He debated with himself, over and over again. What would he say if she did have the same number? She'd certainly hang up on Alex. But he let his heart take control, he soon found himself pressing the phone to his ear, listening to the phone ring.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just as Kaitlyn finished helping the last girl waiting in line at the Cute merch table, her phone started to vibrate. She grabbed the sidekick out of her pocket, glancing at the number. It was withheld. She usually didn't answer to numbers she didn't know, but something told her just to answer the phone call.

"Hello?"

Silence.

"Hello?" she asked again this time with annoyance dripping off her every word.

"Kait baby! What's up?" Martin asked walking up to the table.

She put up her index finger signaling, hold on. And returned to the phone.

"Hello?" she asked once again.

Click, and the line went dead.

"I hate when people don't answer the phone, but they're the person who called you. Fuck." she said in a annoyed tone as she flopped herself down into her folding chair.

"Who put a stick up your butt?" Martin asked with a slight laugh.

You laughed, "Sorry, I'm just being..I don't know-"

"Menstrual?" Martin added in recieving a glare from Kait.

"No, but it doesn't help I have none of my best friends to talk to anymore." she added.

"Why don't you just talk to them Kaitlyn, all they do is talk about how bad they feel." Martin said as he found his way around the table and into the seat beside you.

"Martin, why should I be the one to make the effort? They're the ones who did wrong to me! Not the other way around." she snapped at him.

"Ugh I don't know. Look I'm just trying to make everything right in the world of Warped Tour."

"Thanks for the effort."

"Anything for you babe."

"And Martin?"

He turned to look at you, "Sorry."

"It's okay cause I love you."

"Love you too hoe." she replied as she flipped open her sidekick.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All Alex had been talking about was Kaitlyn, everything and anything. It was really starting to annoy Jack and the rest of All Time Low. She wouldn't give him the time of day. She avoided him every chance she got, including skipping out on last nights festivities. Which was totally sick by the way. Jack had talked to Zack and Rian about the current situation, Kaitlyn. Jack and Kaitlyn got along really well last year, they met because of Alex. You could even say that Jack had a small crush on Kaitlyn, he always did. But he would never tell Alex that, even after they broke up. It would kill Alex, and if not, Alex would certainly kill Jack. But the three had talked and decided that Jack should go and talk with Kaitlyn, not neccessarily about Alex, but just about how she's doing. Zack and Rian missed her alot, they were like brothers to her on the tour last year. They tried keeping in touch with her after the falling out between Alex and Kaitlyn, but she would never return their calls, reply to their text messages, or emails. She just cut them out of her life entirely. Jack could see why, why would she want to keep in touch with someone who would constantly remind of her of her cheating ex-boyfriend. Jack would probably do the same thing.

Once Alex walked off the bus that morning saying he was going to go with Nano to the merch table, Jack pulled out his sidekick and sent a text message to Kait.

'Hey. Can we chill for awhile?-Jack'

Not even five seconds later, his pants were vibrating, letting him know she had replied.
'Come by the merch table in ten.-Kaitlyn.'

"I'm going to hang with Kaitlyn. Don't tell Alex." Jack said walking off the bus out into the grounds.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jack was coming to chill with her as he said. It was kind of awkward recieving a text message from someone she cut off from her life? She didn't know what to expect once he got here, was he mad at her? Happy she was back? She didn't know and it was weighing eavy on her mind at the moment. Kaitlyn was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't even realize someone standing in front of the booth.

"Supp slut?"

Kaitlyn looked up to see the quirky smile of a boy, Jack Barakat.

"Nothing much, whore." she replied smiling.

She loved the relationship that Jack and she shared, it was special to her. And she was hoping she hadn't ruined it.

"Aww my Kaitlyn is back," he said as he attempted to jump over the table containing all the merch, and let's say it wasn't a pretty landing. He would've made it too if his foot didn't get caught on the table last second. He now laid on the grass, face down. Kaitlyn couldn't help it, she couldn't contain her laughter anymore. She busted up in a fit of laughter, looking down at Jack's motionless body. That's when she stopped laughing, Jack wasn't moving. Kait threw herself onto the floor beside Jack and rolled him over so that he was now face up.

"Jack? Are you okay?" she asked in a worried tone.

Nothing.

"Jack! Answer me!" she said as she slapped him on the cheek thinking that might help wake him up. Still nothing.

"Oh my god. I just killed Jack Barakat. I killed the guitarist of All Time Low. I'm so dead." she started rambling to herself. That is until she looked down to see Jack smiling, trying to contain his laughter.

"Jack Barakat, you suck dick." she said before pushing his head off your lap.

"Only if it's as big as Rian's." he said in all seriousness.

"Ew sick. You're disgusting." she said before standing up and straightening out her Paramore shirt.

"But you love me anyways." Jack said truthfully.

"No I don't." she said shortly as she sat back down in her folding chair.

"Oh really? Then why were you so worried that you killed me? 'OMG! I JUST KILLED JACK BARAKAT!'" he mimicked Kait in a high pitched girl voice.

"Shut up, hoeee."

He laughed and took a seat next to Kaitlyn, they talked for a good half hour when Jeff came walking over.

"Jack wanna accompany a pretty girl to lunch?" she asked Jack.

"Sure, but where is this pretty girl? Is she coming soon? You know how I hate to wait." Jack said looking out into the crowd.

Kaitlyn made a shocked face, and pushed him playfully before walking out of the merch tent with Jack by her side telling Jeff that she'd be back before they went on for their set. Jack and Kaitlyn walked in silence until they reached the food booths, where Jack took the iniative to break the ice, "So Kaitlyn how has life been treating you?"

"Really good, well atleast until yesterday." she replied

"Oh, Alex."

"Yeah, Alex."

"Well I didn't come over to talk to you about him, so let's not talk about that." Jack said smiling over at Kaitlyn before slinging his arm around the girl pulling her closer to him.

"Sounds great to me." she said smiling up into his dark brown eyes. Jack couldn't help himself, she looked so pretty,her hair in it's natural wavy state, barely wearing any makeup she looked completely perfect, as always. He kissed her. She was hesitant at first, Jack surely thought she would pull away from him. Suprisingly she kissed back with full force, taking Jack by suprise. They stood there in the middle of the crowds walking past them and around them, kissing until she pulled away from Jack. Jack still in shock of what he had just done stared at her, not really knowing what to say.

"Um. I..I..Sorry." was all that he could muster.

"Don't be," she said wearing her perfect smiling showing off her pearly whites right before she pulled Jack by his shirt down to meet her lips in a hard kiss.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kaitlyn had kissed Jack Barakat yesterday. She had just kissed her ex-boyfriend's best friend. And to tell the truth, she enjoyed it, and hoped it hurt Alex. Kaitlyn didn't know if Alex had heard or seen it happen, but she was hoping he had atleast heard something about it. She wanted him to feel the same hurt, the same pain, but this would probably hurt more, it was his best friend who had just made a move on her.

Kaitlyn had just walked out of the bathroom to see all of Cute holding a long sign, that read We're sorry Kaitlyn. We love you, ALOT.

She smiled at them, when Jeff said, "We're sorry for lying to you Kaitlyn. We really mean it. We love you, you're like the sister we all never had. And we'll never do something like this again, promise. And we can understand if you want to go back home to Buffalo."

"We'll even pay for your ticket home." Shaant added into the apology.

Tom just smacked Shaant in the chest, getting an "Ouch, what the hell was that for?"

"For being a douche." Tom replied, getting a good laugh out of Kaitlyn.

"Does Kaitlyn love us again?" Fred asked with hopeful eyes.

"Um..."

All eyes were focused on her.

"I guess so."

That's all it took for the boys of Cute to come and tackle her to the ground in hugs and kisses. They said they all missed kaitlyn, but well they deserved it. Twenty minutes later she was walking off the bus with Shaant by her side.

"So..what's been going on with my favorite girl?"

Jack Barakat. But she wasn't going to tell Shaant that.

"Oh nothing really. Just hanging with other friends and what not." she said as she slid her aviator sunglasses onto her face.

"Like who may I ask?" he questioned her.

"Oh you know, Martin, Paul, Josh and yeah." she trailed off.

"And what about Mister Barakat?"

Shaant knew. He had to have known. She should have known he would have found out sometime.

"Oh uhm yeah, Jack too."

"So what'd you two do?"

Okay, he knew, for sure.

"Okay Shaant we kissed, but I'm guessing you already knew that since you kept pushing the subject of Jack!" she said quite annoyed as she started walking at a fast pace to the merch tent.

"Look, all I'm going to say is it's not a smart move." he said jogging to catch up with Kaitlyn.

"Why? Because it's Alex's best friend? And it's going to hurt Alex? Well you know what screw Alex and how he feels he didn't think about how the choice he made was going to affect me, so tell me Shaant why should I consider his feelings?" she said as they reached the merch tent.

"It's not that Kait." he started.

"Oh what is Shaant? He still loves me? Well you know...he had his shot. And I don't see myself giving him another shot anytime soon...I couldn't deal with that Shaant. Not after what he put me through." she said the last part as tears started to form in Kaitlyn's eyes.

Shaant pulled her into his arms into a tight embrace, rubbing her back, "I'm sorry Kaitlyn. I didn't mean to get you so upset. I won't talk about it again. Promise."

"Okay," she replied into his shirt.

"Come on I'll help you set up tent." he said pulling her by the hand behind the merch table.
Shaant had left you at the merch table to go find Jeff, leaving you to help annoying fans girls all day. Most of them weren't that bad it was just the annoying 'Hi I have fake boobs, I dye my hair bleach blonde every two weeks' girls that annoyed her the most. She had just finished helping one of those girls when she looked up to ask what shirt they needed when she was cut short by lips crashing down onto hers. She knew who it was, she could tell by his lips, the way they felt against hers, they way they didn't attack hers in a hungry eager kiss like Alex's, they were more gentle with just enough force to make them perfect.

They pulled away.

"Hey babe." he said as he put his hands down on the table, leaning on them.

"Hey Jack." she replied flashing her smile.

"Wanna go watch the Boys like Girls set with me?"

"Uh sure. I gotta just find Shaant."

"Someone looking for me?"

"Yeah can you do merch just for the Boys like Girls set? Pweaseee? I wanna go with Jack."

He looked at Kait warningly when she said she wanted to go with Jack.

"pleaaaasee?" you whined.

"Fine, get out of my face."

"Yay!" Jack and Kaitlyn both yelled as they took off hand in hand towards the stage.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They were waitng on the side stage when Kaitlyn's phone started vibrating. She quickly answered the phone.
"Hey Michael."

Michael? Who the heck is Michael? Jack thought.

"Yeah put him on please."

.....

"JimJim, how's my baby?"

Oh great, she's seeing someone back home.

She was on the phone for a good ten minutes until she said goodbye and hung up. Jack looked down at her smiling face, with quite a solemn looking face.

"Jack I have to tell you something, in total confidence."

"No Kaitlyn, I get it, you're seeing someone back home and I'm just a fling right?" he asked getting a little irate.

"Jack that's not it. I promise. I'm not seeing anyone, well besides you that is." she said in all seriousness.

He felt better, "Okay, spill."

"You have to promise not to say a word. No one knows except the boys of Cute."

"You know you can trust me Kait." he said taking a hold of her hand.

"Well the day I walked in on Alex with that bimbo, the reason I was going to talk with Alex was because.."

"Kaitlyn tell me." he said as he squeezed her hand lightly.

"I found out I was pregnant." she blurted out, causing your jaw to shoot wide open.
♠ ♠ ♠
whoop de doo.