She Will Love You Through All The Lies

Part Ten

She awoke the next morning tangled in her husband’s embrace and the only remaining sheet on their bed. She smiled to herself as she pulled herself closer to Brian's bare chest. The feeling in her stomach as their bare skin touched made her skin tingle.

Brian wrapped his arm around her tighter and began to rub her back as he slowly began to wake up from the previous late nights' sleep. He mumbled something as he turned his head towards Kate and grinned.

"What?" Kate giggled as she looked up at Brian's face.

He opened his eyes slightly and repeated himself, "I said your skin is so soft."

Kate's eyes squinted half-way shut as she grinned from ear to ear. "So is yours."

"It's just like what I remembered," he mumbled to himself and then turned to lie on his left side so he was facing Kate.

She put her left hand to his cheek and began to run her fingers along his cheekbone, taking in all of his facial features, just like she always used to do when things were still perfect.

Brian closed his eyes and then clasped his hand over hers that was still tracing his bone structure. He brought her hand to his mouth and placed a soft kiss on her knuckles and then put her hand to his chest.

She felt his steady yet excited heartbeat. It had always seemed to beat faster when they were together like this, happy. Just like her heart always did the same with him.

"We should paint," Brian suggested as he opened up his eyes. When he saw the smile on his wife's lips, he added, "We need to bring life into this place. Everything is so white... especially in here." Kate nodded her head as she looked around and then back to Brian. "It's not us."

"Let's do it," Kate smiled as she sat up in bed. She held the top of the sheet over her bare chest with her left hand as she grabbed for Brian's hand with her right.

When he sat up he pulled her towards him again, wrapping his arms around her. "I love you," he spoke with such honesty, such heart, as he looked her dead in the eyes.

"I love you too," she kissed the tip of his nose and then pulled him towards the bathroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short on purpose. Next post will be longer.