She Will Love You Through All The Lies

Part Three

It had been two days since she last heard from her husband. She opened her eyes and looked around her bedroom. She was starting to get back into her old routine, and she wasn't very fond of it. She was always the type to enjoy adventurous things. She was always up for something new and exciting, but these last few years never gave her much. She stood up and walked out her bedroom door. She decided that she was going to break her routine and be adventurous by skipping her bathroom routine and her morning coffee. She slightly smiled to herself as she began to make her way towards the kitchen.

When she was at the table she turned to her left slightly and looked at the door that she was directly across from. She watched very carefully as a stranger to her closed the door very quietly, trying to make sure that they wouldn't make any noise. She looked at them from head to toe, noticing that they were dressed in all black. "What're you doing?"

The stranger whipped around and clutched his heart. Even though the distance between them is long, her memory is excellent. She'd know his figure, smell, even his shoes without having to be told or even see his face. He smiled and made his way towards her. When he got to an arms distance away, he opened his arms and pulled her close to his chest, locking his arms around her tightly. She buried her face into his chest as he kissed the top of her head.

She tightened her grip around him as if he was going to leave and disappear again once she let go. "Why are you home so early?" she mumbled into his chest. Not only was she afraid to let him go, but she was afraid to do anything else, including kissing him or even looking him in the eye. She was afraid of what she'd see or taste, or if he'd even be pleased with her anymore.

"I didn't want to be away from you any longer. The guys are taking the bus back here, but I caught a flight last night." Brian explained to his somewhat distant wife, while he rubbed his hand up and down her back. He felt his heart break as she nodded her head, keeping it nuzzled into his chest. "Kate, honey. Why won't you look at me?"

She grabbed the back of his jacket into two fist full’s of material and squeezed him tighter. "I'm afraid of what I'll see..." She was always an honest person and she was not going to start lying now, especially to her own husband, even if their marriage was up in arms.

Brian pulled back from her, but kept his hold around her waist and looked slightly down at her to meet his eyes. He wasn't much taller than his wife, and for an unknown reason, that always made him happy. "I've never been unfaithful, Kate." He didn't say it in a manner of being offended, or even in a furious tone, no; it was more saddened, as his eyes fell to the floor. He knew exactly what she was talking about because, if they had switched positions for the last few years, he would have the same suspicions and thoughts swarming through his mind. He could only imagine how the distance between them affected his wife for the worse. She seemed so frail and timid- something that she had never been. The entire time he had known her, she was always adventurous and fierce. She had a good and strong attitude and would speak her mind with confidence. At least she hadn't lost all of her qualities- he was thankful she still spoke her mind.

"How about I take you out for a nice dinner?" Brian asked as he lifted her chin. She smiled and nodded her head in response to his proposition. She noticed then that his eyes were cautious and sincere. She felt all of her muscles loosen and felt like she could breathe again- Brian felt her body loosen in his grasp at the same moment.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and tilted her head upwards. Brian pulled her close to him again and bowed his head towards her. Within moments their eyes closed and their lips touched, making them feel weightless and free, the way they used to feel when everything was still perfect.

Brian trailed his hands down the bottom of her back, waist, hips, following with her bottom and then grasped her legs and pulled her up to him. She wrapped her legs around his waist and tightened her hold around his neck as he carried them to their room.

He didn't bother with any doors or nonsense like that- he was just happy that she was in his arms again. He set her down gently on the edge of the bed. She unhooked her legs from around his waist as he bent down on his knees in front of her. He reached up and stroked his wife's beautifully soft and pale cheek, all the while admiring her and looking into her eyes. She clasped her hand around his and closed her eyes at his touch. She sighed in contentment, finally convinced that the old Brian was back.