Miserable at Best

Everyday Is A Start Of Something Beautiful.

"Hey babe," Alex greeted as he wrapped his around my waist, kissing the top of my head. I couldn't help but feel awkward as he did that though, but with singer boy's watchful eyes I couldn't slip up with the acting. I smiled leaning into Alex's affection, it had completely slipped that I was upset with my husband. But even what I thought was good acting would have to prove the test of fooling the boy I had yet to learn his name.

But as my mind was too busy wandering off into the deepest caves of my brain, and my eyes too busy trying to block his analytical gaze, Alex had to go and ruin my fun. "So Derek-"

His name was Derek, damn.

"No! Alex! Ugh!" I said in frustration as I pushed him away from me.

"What? What did I do now?!" Alex asked confused, as I myself, started to glare at him.

Derek laughed, catching Alex's attention, "You ruined our game."

Alex looked at him as he saw Derek looking at me smiling, and wrapped his arm around my neck, pulling me close to him. Territorial much?

"I couldn't remember his name, so I've been guessing it since I woke up and nearly killed him. And you just ruined that." I said turning to Alex and sticking my tongue out at him like a five year old would.

Alex didn't look amused by Derek and my harmless game. He didn't look happy either, he looked peeved. I couldn't understand this boy. We had a deal right? And that meant on tour as well right? Not that I was looking at Derek that way already or ever for that matter. But sad to say, Alex was ruining my possible game.

"Brook, Matt needs you to set up merch now", Alex informed me as he locked eyes with Derek. I looked at each of them, and sighed, this would be trouble, I just knew it. I untangled Alex's arm from around my neck and started to walk away when Alex grabbed hold of my arm pulling me back to him, as he kissed me. But this kiss was different, it wasn't like the ones that we used to fool Jack and the rest of the group. This one was completely different, he kissed me with hunger, with force, and I could come up with the perfect reason as to why. Derek.

When Alex was done, he left me out of breath, and upset. Are some of you guys thinking, 'why didn't she push away?'. Yeah when I'm supposed to be happily married I would enjoy that. And since I'm supposed to be acting the part, I enjoyed being kissed like that. Oh yeah, it turns me on!

I'm a sarcastic bitch.

He looked into my eyes smiling, "I love you."

"I know", I replied as I laughed and ran over to Matt to help with setting up the merch table.

_________________________________________________

After the show was just like every other tour we'd ever been on. We'd go off stage, ran back to the bus, get a bit cleaned up, and head out to mingle with fans. But this tour would be different, I'd be sticking close to the merch table as much as I could. I had seen the way Derek looked at Brook, and I had seen the way she looked at him. There were sparks. How would I play into the equation you ask? I'd be the fire extinguisher terminating those sparks that would eventually burst into flames.

"Can I get a picture with you?" a short blonde asked, with camera in hand, and smile as big as this city. I mean how could I say 'No, sorry. I'm busy watching my wife right now'? I couldn't.

"Sure" I told her, as I wrapped one arm around her shoulder and pulled her close. Making the fans feel special is rule number one among mingling. Make them feel special and 99% of the time they'll come back to see you when you passed through again. It was common sense to say the least, and it worked. Most of these faces looked familiar, somewhat anyways, a lot of people always looked familiar.

That's how the night went, fan after fan, picture after picture, question after question. It was all the same. But as I finished taking a picture with the last fan saying my name to get my attention I looked over at the merch table. It was packed with fans, but Brooke wasn't alone,Derek was helping her out. The guy was really starting to get on my nerves, I noted as Brook's laughter filled the vacinity.

I wondered only one thing, "How did he do that?
♠ ♠ ♠
10 comments for another update ;]

make me a banner as well?