Such a Simple Little Heartless Girl

Better Off

♥Evelyn♥

I took in my surroundings for a moment. It was dark and I was on a small island like place. Upon this small island was an old broken down hut.

I say hut for dramatic affect.

I peered into the window and smiled when I found what I was looking for.

I walked in to see Kairi, Sora, Donald, and Goofy.

"There's something about this musty place" Kairi said, walking towards Sora, "It reminds me of the secret place back home, where we used to scribble on the walls" she continued to walk around the room.

I remembered that place in my mind, the cave filled with drawings. Where Kairi gave me that ring.

She looked at Sora, "Remember?" she smiled.

"Kairi?" Sora reached out.

Goofy cocked his head, "Sora?" he asked.

Sora and I turned to see a very confused looking Donald and Goofy.

When we turned back, Kairi was gone.

I never noticed how empty this room looked. It's…odd…

Then there was a big POOF and there was white smoke everywhere.

I heard Sora coughing and I could tell that Donald and Goofy were looking around like crazy, while I, just stood there.
Perfectly content with what was happening, hey, we were intruding on his ground, God love him if he doesn't zap us.

Once the white smoke cleared we saw the tall, white bearded man dressed in a robe, hat, and shoes that looked like they were made out of potato sacks.

"He-hello Mr. Merlin" Donald stammered.

"WHY HELLO THERE!" Merlin greeted.

"Cid said to give this to you" Sora said, handing him the old tattered book.

"Well, he's done a nice job fixing this, but I'm afraid that it's pages are scattered everywhere" he sighed.

"What a shame" I mumbled so that only I could hear.

"Uhm…Merlin?" Sora asked.

"Yes?"

"What's this?" he asked, handing him a small purple gem.

"It will do you well to ask her" he said, motioning to a woman who had recently appeared in the corner.

Sora, Donald, and Goofy went over to her, and I approached Merlin.

"Um…Merlin?" I held my hands behind my back and whispered.

"Yes, Evelyn?" he replied, opening his suitcase.

"Hold on, how did you know my-" I stopped when I saw that all of his furniture was coming out of his small suitcase.

"N-never mind, um, what do you know about the death curse?" I whispered quietly.

"I'm sorry, you'll have to speak up, my hearing is not what it used to be.

I leaned in, "The death curse"

"The what?"

"THE DEATH CURSE!" I almost screamed.

Sora, Donald, and Goofy turned around, "The what curse?" Sora's mouth fell.
"I…." I sighed.

"You know something…don't you?" Sora came towards me.

"No…"

LIE.

"I'm not lying!" I said, "I'M JUST CURIOUS! I HEARD SOMEONE TALKING ABOUT IT"

I sighed and sat down, Sora joined me a moment later, "Evelyn…"

"So, what would you like to know about the death curse?" Merlin asked.

"What happens to you if you have it?" I asked.

"Well, nothing really happens to you..." Merlin began.

"But?"

"But, you just have really sharp senses….and you loose all your red blood cells and they are replaced with black blood cells" he said.

I nodded, "So…you don't die, right?"

"Well, death will catch up to all one day…but the curse usually does not speed up the process" He said.

I smiled, "Cool, thanks, Merlin" I said, walking out and into the third district.

"Evelyn…" Donald began.

"What?" I asked.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"I am now" I smiled, but my smile faded as shadows popped out of the ground.

I raised my fans to fight, but then realized that the shadows were gone…

I looked to Sora who held the same baffled expression.

Baffled, that is, until Riku jumped into his vision.

"THERE YOU ARE!" he said.

"What's going on?" Another familiar voice asked.

"LOVVY!" I screamed, jumping on her.

"Hey Evelyn" she smiled.

"Riku…" Sora walked towards him and then pulled on his face.

"Hey! Hey" Riku pushed him off, "Cut it out" he grinned.

"I'm not dreaming this time" Sora stated, "Right?"

"I hope not" Riku wiped a piece of hair out of his face, "It took forever to find you"

Sora grinned, "Riku!"

"Lovvy, I'm sorry," I said.

"No, I'm sorry, I was being a bitch" she said.

"No, you were right, I was stupid" I said.

She smiled and hugged me.

"Wait a second…" Sora began, "Where's Kairi?" Sora asked.

"Isn't she with you?" Riku asked.

I looked to Lovvy, her face was sullen and then she laughed at me, "You look like you're about to kill someone," she whispered.

Sora's face fell, knowing that they still hadn't found Kairi.

"Well, don't worry, I'm sure she made it off the island too" Riku said, turning around.

"Were finally free" Riku said, "Hey, she might even be looking for us now. We'll all be together again soon…"

Riku didn't notice the heartless rising out of the ground, he just kept talking.

"Don’t worry, just leave everything to me, I know this gr-" he turned around at the slashing noise from behind him.

Sora had slashed the heartless with one blow.

Sora grinned, "Leave it to who?"

"Sora! What did you-"

"I've been looking for you, and Kairi too, with their help" He motioned to Me, Donald, and Goofy.

"Who are they?" he said, eyeing me.

I frowned and crossed my arms over my chest, pervert.

"Ehm," Donald cleared his throat, "My name is-"

"We visited so many places and worlds, looking for you" Sora said.

"Really" Riku stated, "Well what do you know? I never would have guessed" he said, looking at me again.

"Oh and guess what?" Riku turned his attention to Goofy, "Sora's the Keyblade master" Goofy said, gripping Sora's shoulders.

"Who would have thought it?" Donald said to me.

Lovvy and I giggled.

Sora got down to Donald's level, "What's that mean?" he asked.

"So, this is called a Keyblade?" Riku asked, examining the giant key that he now held in his hand.

Sora looked up, "Huh?" he asked, now noticing the vacant space in his hand, "HEY GIVE IT BACK!" Sora said, running to tackle Riku.

Riku stepped back, causing Sora to fall on his face.

"Give it back to him, Riku" Lovvy said, a stern look now occupying her face.

Riku looked at it, "Catch." He said, tossing it to Sora.

"Okay, so, you’re coming with us, right? We've got this awesome Rocket and-"

"NO! THEY CAN'T COME!" Donald said.

I looked at Lovvy who was chuckling to herself.

I smiled.

He said, "come".

"What?" Sora whined.

"FORGET IT!" Donald said.

"Oh come on, they're our friends!" Sora said.

"Please Donald?"

"I DON'T CARE!"

"Huh?" Goofy looked up, "They're gone!"

Sora looked up, "Riku?"

"Lovvy?" I called out.

"Nice going" Sora said.

"Oh well, at least we know that they're okay" I said.

"Yeah! Who knows, maybe we'll run into Kairi soon too" he said, optimistically.

"Yeah, and maybe we won't," I muttered, matching his tone.
♥

♥Lovvy♥

"You see?" Maleficent said, "It's just as I told you. As you toiled away, trying to find your dear friends, they simply, replaced you with others" she nodded, "Evidently, now they value them, far more than you two"

"You're better off without those wretched brats," she said.

"Now think no more of them and come with me" she said, placing an arm around Riku's shoulder, "I'll help you find what you're searching for"

She looked to me, "And I'll help your wish come true" she said.

I never told her what I was wishing for…

I looked at Evelyn, Maleficent was right. She didn't care anymore. All she wanted was for Sora to like her. Nothing else really mattered.
♥

"So, where are we going next?" Sora asked, casually putting his hands behind his head as we walked through the second district.

"I dunno," I mumbled.

"Back to the gummi ship I suppose" Donald said.

"Then to other worlds" Goofy said, dully.

I sighed, "WAIT!" I screamed.

"What?" They stopped and turned around.

I looked up and pointed to the purple and black metal mess falling from the sky, "That" I said.

Sora sighed, "More heartless?" He groaned.

I smiled….

You know…Sora is really cute when he…

What the hell am I thinking? It's SORA

SORA is really attractive at times like these…

I watched him slash at the heartless.

Just look at how his long brown hair rushes in the wind…

What. The. Fuck.

"EVELYN! IT WOULD BE NICE IF YOU COULD HELP!" Donald shouted.

"R-right! SORRY! I forgot that there was a heartless," I laughed, scratching the back of my head and running to the fight.

I shot my fans into the air, "ICE" I screamed and suddenly, it was a blizzard everywhere.

Sora rubbed his arms and his teeth chattered, "E-e-e-Evelyn, a little heat, please?" he begged.

I looked at the heartless, "BUT LOOK! THE MONSTER IS FROZEN!"

"SO ARE WE!" Donald shouted.

"Fine" I sighed and pointed my fans into the air, "AIR!" I screamed, and the blizzard cleared, the monster remained frozen.

Sora sighed, "Look, I can feel my hands again!" he said, sarcastically.

I grinned, "That's good…er…a…sorry about that" I said.

"It's okay" Goofy put a hand on my back.

Donald stood there with his mouth hanging open.

"D-Donald?" I asked.

"YOU!" He pointed a finger at me.

"Me" I pointed at myself.

"I…FOR THE LOVE OF YEN SID! HE CAN'T EVEN DO MAGIC LIKE THAT! THAT MAGIC IS NOT IN SPELL BOOKS! HOW DID YOU LEARN?" He screamed.

"I…Yen Sid? Who's he?"

"NOT IMPORTANT!" He said.

Suddenly, there was a huge cracking noise and a shatter and the Heartless was out of it's icy home.

"We should finish that off," I said, running at it and slashing its torso.

A moment later I felt Sora join me and after that I felt Donald and Goofy were fighting too.

I smiled, Sora didn't know it, but he was unbelievably close to me…

So close, I can feel his built, strong, warm arms…

That is an overstatement. Sora has noodle arms, but they are pretty warm…

I HAVE GOT TO STOP THINKING LIKE THIS!

I looked at Sora, but quickly looked away because the monster was thrashing his arms everywhere.

We'd taken the feet off, but the arms and the torso remained.

"ARRG GET THE ARMS! SAVE THE TORSO FOR LAST!" I growled.

"ALRIGHT MISS BOSSY!" Donald said.

"JUST DO IT!"

"Evelyn, CHILL!" Sora said.

"Okay" I said.

I'M. SUCH. A. FUCKING. DUMBFUCK.

Before we knew it, one arm was gone, and almost instantly, the other arm was gone too.

Suddenly, the torso flew to the other side of the area, and started to glow.

My eyes widened, "DUCK!" I screamed, just as a giant cannon ball like object flew over our heads.

"RUN AFTER IT!" Donald said, running towards the torso, the three of us following.

Another few moments, and the monster was dead.

I smiled, "Good job" I said to Sora.

"You too" he smiled.

"Sora" Donald cleared his throat.

"What?" he asked, still looking at me.

"The keyhole" Goofy said.

Sora turned around and I just now saw the glowing blue keyhole in the fountain.

The water cleared, as if, bowing down to Sora.

With one swift motion, the keyhole was locked. Sora turned back to me with a smile, "Ready to go?" he asked.

I nodded and we walked out of the second district, and then out of the first district. And then onto the gummi ship, grinning the whole time.
♥