Such a Simple Little Heartless Girl

Big Adventure

♥Evelyn♥

Once we were sure that we'd gotten away, we realized that we were back in the same hall that we started in, where Sora fought Riku for the first time.

"What about the Keyhole?" Goofy asked, looking at a shadow that had followed us all the way here.

"A Heartless is after us!" Kairi screamed.

"I’ll take care of him!" Donald said.

The shadow just came closer to us.

"Confounded Heartless! Get lost, will ya?" Donald said, swatting at the heartless.

Everyone was in a panic, why was this heartless following us?

Well…it can't hurt to try everything, "Sora? Is that you?"

"Uh-oh!"

Instantly, there was a large crowd of shadows surrounding us.

Kairi picked up the shadow, "This time, I’ll protect you."

Oh please.

I sighed, "We need to fight them off!"

Goofy, Donald and I stepped out of the circle, but Kairi just stayed there, holding sora.

"Kairi!" Goofy screamed as the shadows enveloped both of them. But suddenly, there was a burst of light, and all that I saw was Sora holding onto Kairi, Kairi holding onto Sora.

I felt my muscles go tight, and a hand on my shoulder; Eve.

I'd forgotten that she was here…

"Kairi, thank you." Sora smiled at her, and continued holding onto her body.

"Sora..." Kairi said dreamily.

"Sora!" Donald and Goofy screamed, running towards him and jumping on him.

And then, more shadows appeared, more then last time.

"Go! Now!" The beast screamed.

"Come with us!" Sora said.

"I told you before, I’m not leaving without Belle. Now, go! The Heartless are coming!" He said.

And with that, we left.

Not a word was exchanged between Sora and I.
♥

The ride back to Traverse Town was silent, until we were about a third of the way there and Sora came over to me, "We need to talk." He said.

"Yeah…we do…but not here…not now." I said.

"Why?"

"Not in front of everyone!" I said.

"Alright, alright…" He said and went back to the cockpit with Goofy and Donald, Kairi close behind him.

I sighed and Eve hugged me.

"I'm sorry…"

I smiled sadly, "Yeah… me too…"

"So…you need to tell me about all of your adventures." Eve said.

"I'm fourteen, not four, Eve." I said.

"Hey, I was trapped in that glass case the whole time we've been here, my big adventure was fighting Maleficent."

I laughed, "Fair enough, I promise you, when we get home, I'll tell you everything."

"Home?"

I smiled, "Yeah. We're going home, really soon."

Eve started crying tears of joy, and soon, I was in on it too.
♥

When we got to Traverse Town Sora insisted on going to Leon and telling him what happened.

"So the darkness is flowing out of the Keyhole..." Leon said.

"No wonder there are more and more Heartless everywhere. The only way to
stop them is—" Sora cut Aerieth off.

"Seal the Keyhole, right?"

"Maybe. But no one knows what will happen once it’s sealed." Leon said.

"Well, we can’t just stay here. We have to do something. I’ve got a friend back there." Sora said.

Riku…

"That’s right. You have one more friend to worry about. Riku’s Keyblade must have been born of the captive princesses’ hearts—just like that Keyhole you saw. Of course, without Kairi’s heart, it remained
incomplete. Once that Keyblade was destroyed, the princesses’ hearts should have been freed. Don’t worry, Sora. If anyone can save your friend, you can." Leon nodded.

"I think that we should go see Cid about going back there…" I piped up.

Sora nodded, "That's a good idea… Kairi, wait here with Leon and Aerieth, okay?"

Kairi nodded and we went to the first district.

"Cid, I want to go back to Hollow Bastion." Sora said, politely.

"I don’t think I can let you do that, kid. The Heartless there are
multiplying by the minute. They’d eat your ship up."

I stepped in front of Sora, "Let me rephrase that, we're going back to hollow bastion whether you like it or not, so you can either help us, or watch us go. Take your pick." I growled.

"Well, you could go around the heartless, you know, take a new route… install a new navi-G."

"A new gummi? From where?" Sora asked.

"The secret waterway. When I came here 9 years ago, I stored it there in case I ever needed it. Never thought a kid would be the one to use it!"

"We're not kids!" Donald said, but followed us to the waterway nonetheless.
♥