Tell Me Angel, Where Are You

Where Do We Go From Here?

You know when you wake up and you have no idea where the hell you are? You open your eyes and blink once or twice, yet nothing comes of it. You peer around the room in search of the comfort of a familiar object that would inject the sense of safety into your veins. You have no idea what time it is, either. Even though you're staring dead on at the flashing numbers. Sometimes you don't even know you're starring at numbers, it looks like foreign symbols. It takes a while for your brain to register your surroundings. Don't know about you, but I hate that.
I woke up and, that's right, you've guessed it, I had no clue as to where I was. The black alarm clock sat on its side, probably chucked away in frustration. The miniscule numbers blinked the symbols 3-0-7. It took me until the symbols 3-1-9 to finally realize the time.

My shadowed surroundings started to ease the tension my body had given residence to. There was a sleeping body close beside me and an arm had seemed to find its way around my small frame.Hey...it's Frankie.. Yes, that is when I came to the conclusion that I was at Frankie's place, in his room. (This is the part where you clap.)

I glanced out his window to notice that the rain had yet to cease. I glanced at Frankie's sleeping face. His pierced nose flared as he inhaled deeply. His dark chocolate brown hair delicately hung over his beautiful face. His closed eyes were feverently twitching from one side to the other, every now and then. His soft pink lips slightly parted, his metallic hoop tempting me again.

I gently placed my head back onto his rising chest, careful not to wake him up. He looked at peace while he was sleeping, I didn't want to disturb him. I realized we had forgotten to call Mikey back. I silently laughed at the thoughts of what the Way brothers might be up to. I shuddered, part of me really didn't want to know at all, knowing how they were.
The monstrous thunder had given a mighty rawr. I thought back to my mom. When I was a child, there was a deadly thunderstorm lurking over our heads. I was frightened by the way the earth tumbled into under the thunder's control. The world was a mannequin at the thunder's merciless hands. My mom wrapped me up in my favorite black and white blanket and told me the thunder was just God's angels having a bowling party. The thought made me smile involuntarily.

"How long have you been awake?", a groggy voice croaked.

I won't lie, I thought he was fast asleep, so I jumped a bit and replied, "Not long, maybe a half an hour..."

"Why didn't you wake me?"
"Because you're cute when you're sleeping."
"I'm not all the time?" Frankie puppy-eyed.
"Of course, just more so when you're sleeping."
"Aw, thanks."
He giggled like a child getting an ice cream cone on a sticky summer day.

BEEP Frankie hopped out the bed and quickly returned with the warm, dry clothes from the dryer. He chucked the stuff at me in a huge ball and walked out of the room so I could get changed. The toasty clothes against my icy skin sent goosebumps all over. I folded Frankie’s clothes and put them by his bed. I jumped back into the bed and burrowed into the fuzzy blankets.

About five minutes later, I felt the side of the bed being weighed down and someone behind me, wrapping their safe arms around me. Frankie was very comfy.
I snuggled closer hoping...no...praying...he wouldn't mind. I mean, we did this all the time. We'd lie down together and he'd hold me. Although, this time, it was different. He knew how I felt and I knew how he felt. But it was a good different. Thankfully, he didn't mind. He clung onto me even tighter.

"You have your phone in here?"
"Yup, I have the portable one in my pocket, why?"
"Cause we have to call the Ways."
"Do ya hafta?" Frankie whined like a five-year-old.
"Yep, member? We promised Mikey we would this morning and that was hours ago."
"Aw foine," Frankie replied, pouting.

"Why do you carry the portable in your pocket, Frankie?"
"Cause I can, here," with that he handed me the phone and continued, "I could have been bad and let you get it yourself," he smirked.

I grinned and absentmindedly punched in the number and waited as the dull ringing filled my ears.
Frankie gripped my hips with both hands and pulled me closer. Somehow, he always knew I liked being held at the hips.

"AHHH FUCK! I DON'T WANT WHIPPED CREAM ON ME, GERARD!!"

I held the phone away from my unexpecting ear.
"Uh, did I call at a bad time, Mike-n-Ike?"
"No, good time, where are you? You left hours ago and you left me with him!"
"What the hell are you two doing anyway?"
"Don't ask. Now, where are you?"
"Frankie's..."

Frankie interrupted me and whispered,"Tell them to come over."
I was really ticklish. People whispering things into my ears made me giggle.

"Uh, did you call at a bad time?" Mikey questioned. The picture of him smirking planted itself into my head. You could hear him right through the phone.
"Shut up, I did not, now get your asses over here, and no whipped cream, either."
"Be over soGET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME WITH THAT STUFF GERARD!"

The phone conversation ended with a simple click.
I silently giggled and couldn't help but think what the helll?
They weren't like that though, you know, they weren't into incest or anything like that. In fact, Mikey had a girlfriend, anyway.

I gently placed the phone on Frankie's head and played around with the patches on his shirt. He chucked the phone to the ground and rested his chin on top of my head.

I still had no idea what we were. I mean, were we together now because we felt the same way about each other? Or did he want to officially ask me to be his girlfriend? It was still sort of strange.
I guess me and Frankie lost track of time because soon enough, there was a knock on Frankie's wooden door.

"Come innn," Frankie mumbled, his face now buried into my neck.
"Don't you two look comfy."
"Mmmhmm," Frankie grumbled.
I just rolled my eyes, it was just like him to say something.

"Hey Adie."
"Hey Mike-n-Ike."
"Hey, what's cookin' good lookin'?"
"Hey Laur!"

Lauren was Mikey's girlfriend and one of my best friends. Her and Mikey had been going out for about a year now and I'm glad he found her. She was a couple months older then me, I was the youngest out of all my friends. Her hair was wicked, it was jet black and it shined a navy blue. She was taller then me as well, which isn't such a difficult task to begin with. I loved her eyes, they were ocean blue with a ring of gold encircling the sooty black pupil. She was one of the people I slipped away to for help, I would talk to her about Frankie all the time, I still did. She always made me feel better and proved to me that it was cool enough just being yourself. She didn't give a shit about what people thought about her and she helped me to feel the same. She spoke her mind as well, half the time it was amazingly random shit, but it was all good. She played guitar too, she was teaching me bass and drums. I'm telling you that girl could be a one (wo)man band.

"What's up Laur? I haven't seen you in a while," I commented.
"Too busy, with my job and school, it's been hell lately, and douche is well, douche."

She really didn't like her mom's boyfriend. I really didn't either, he was a liar to begin with. It would be better off without him. We gave him the nickname 'douche' a while back and it fit perfectly.

"Aw, that sucks, I'm sorry. Douche should drown in a toilet," I smirked.
"Fuck yeah, he should."
We both laughed. Mikey gripped her hand and pulled her down onto his awaiting lap. They looked so good together and I was happy for them.

"Hey Gee, come 're," Frankie said.
Gerard stood up straight in the doorway and made his way over to where me and Frankie were on the bed. Frankie signaled Gerard to come closer. Gee put a knee on the bed, placed his large hands hard over my ears and leaned over me, so that Frankie could whisper what he wanted to him. I went to take Gee's hands off, but Frankie gripped both of my small wrists and folded them across my stomach with his. Silently saying, 'you can't push 'em off'.

I felt his chest rise every time he whispered, but I couldn't hear a thing.
I gave up trying to listen and trying to get free. Frankie continued to hold me, his thumb tenderly stroking my wrist.
I looked over at Mikey and Lauren, who couldn't really be bothered by the exchanging of secrets due to the fact they were in their own little world, making out.

After what seemed to be forever, Gee removed his palms away from my ears and just grinned at me. A few hours passed by while we were hanging out and joking around. The portable phone sprang to life.
“Hello? Iero’s place,” Frankie answered.

He looked directly at me and blinked a few times. He nodded, with a quick “Mhm” and one annoyed “Uh-huh” and then a quick "bye" and he clicked to kill the phone call.

“Aid, your dad wants you home,” Frankie solemnly replied with depression glued to his face as the others continued in their strange conversation.
“Mkay,” I said reluctantly, then whispered, “Would you walk me?”
“Sure, of course, you want me to stay with you?”
“Will you?”
“Yeah…hey guys, Adele’s gotta go home, but you can hang here if you want…,” Frankie trailed off.

“Naw, we’ve gotta leave anyway. I have to pick up some stuff for dinner,” Gee replied.
“Me and Laur have a movie to catch, so we better get going,” Mikey chipped in.

Hugs were traded as well as good byes as everyone spilled out of the house. Gee pulled out of the driveway, with Mikey and Lauren, to drop them off at their movie. Frankie and I waved good bye and headed towards my house. The soft raindrop softly plopping to the ground with the occasional hint of lightning and thunder.
He knew I hated going home, but I loved that he stayed with me most of the time.

“Your dad’s having a party, so we can just stay up in your room,” Frankie stated, cautiously.
The deep pit of my stomach dropped and my heart started racing and was pounding in my throat.
I hated it when he had parties. He had the sleaziest friends that drank too much and tried hitting on me all the time. I usually held my own, other times when it got too bad, Frankie helped.

“Grand,” I retorted.

I looked down at my beat up converse, trying to use the power of will to stop them, but they kept moving. I felt a gentle tug on my sweatshirt and a hand glide down my arm reaching my hand as its final destination and slightly squeezing it. Frankie pulled me closer and I rested my head on his shoulder as we silently reached my house.

I went to walk up my driveway, when Frankie slowly halted to a stop. He swiftly pulled me back to him and set his hands on my waist. I placed my arms on his shoulder, took one hand and twisted a lock of his hair into a curl in front of his face. I loved that curl.

“You know if you keep doing that, its going to stay that way, right?” Frankie grinned.
“Yes,” fully knowing that was what I was trying to do.
I placed my other hand other his neck.

“Hey, Adele?”
“Yes, Frank?”
“Well, I was a bit confused at first, as to, you know, where we stood and everything. But if you don’t want to, I’d understand, that it was way too fast and all...but um…”. It wasn’t like him to stutter or be nervous at all.
“Don’t be nervous, Frankie, what is it?” I redirected his gaze towards me.
He looked directly at me with that same bone chilling look that sent shivers everywhere.

“Do you think it’s too fast if I asked you to be my girlfriend? I’d understand, it’s okay if you think it’s too fast. I wo..”
I cut him off because if I hadn’t, he would never lose momentum. I kissed his soft pink lips taking in what he tasted like as well as his ring.

“Of course it isn’t too fast and of course I’ll be your girlfriend,” I smiled widely and he shared the same grin.

He quickly kissed me again and pulled my waist just a bit closer to fill in the gap. He took both my hands in his and looked into my eyes and flashed that famous Frank Iero grin.

“Shall we?” He asked holding out an arm.
“We shall,” I smirked as I grabbed his awaiting arm.

We stepped towards the house and suddenly, walking into the house with Frankie right besides me didn’t seem so dreadful.