‹ Prequel: I Treated You So Wrong

Lets Make It Last Forever

Six

“Here’s her bag. I snuck past Zack to get her stuff. I’ll either call you later or in the morning.” Rae sighed and raked her fingers through her limp and dull hair.

Val nodded in understanding and kissed Rae’s cheek after setting Emily’s bag next to the stairs. “Everything will be fine, he just needs to know where the line is drawn with Emily. Go talk to him.”

“I’m going…slowly but surely,” Rae mumbled.

Val gave her a reassuring smile. “It’ll be fine. Besides, if anything happens, I can kidnap you and we can have a sleep over.”

“That’ll be fun. But yeah, I’ll give you guys a call or whatever. If Emily needs me, then definitely call.”

Val nodded. “I will, now go and kick some ass like I know you can.” She pushed Rae’s shoulder as Rae laughed.

“Okay, later.” Rae waved and walked out.

She drove silently back to the house, contemplating on what she was going to say to Zacky when she walked through the door. Rae pulled into the driveway next to Zacky’s black BMW and shut off the car. A slight ache pounded behind her eyes, causing her to close her eyes for a few moments, knowing it was a stress headache that was knocking at her mind.

Opening her eyes, Rae slung her bag over her shoulder and got out of the car, then closed and locked the doors. The walk to the front door seemed to take forever since talking to Zacky was something that she was dreading more then anything. She knew all hell was going to break loose and he wasn’t going to be happy, but it’s not like he was in the first place.

She walked through the front door and closed it behind her, setting her bag on the floor and her keys on the side table. “Zack.” She called.

A grunt sounded from the living room, letting Rae know that that’s where he was and he didn’t really want to be disturbed. She didn’t feel like being nice. If he wasn’t going to be nice, neither was she.

“You and I need to have a chat.” Rae said as she walked into the living room with her arms crossed over her chest.

Zacky inwardly rolled his eyes and shifted his body slightly on the couch. “What the hell is this little chat about, hm?” He asked, his tone full of venom.

Rae glared and stalked into the living room, then planted her feet in front of him, between him and the TV he was watching. He licked his lips in annoyance and looked up at his angry fiancé.

“What’s it about? What’s it about? How can you fucking sit there and ask me that, Zack? Huh? The fact that your daughter begged me to leave the house.”

He rolled his eyes again and leaned his head back against the couch, completely annoyed with the subject. “What the fuck about it, Rae? I didn’t want to play, plus she’d asked me a few times before then and I said no. She apparently doesn’t know the meaning of that word since you give her every fucking thing she wants.”

Rae rose her left eyebrow as if she was saying ‘oh hell no’. “I spoil her? I tell her no all the fucking time, but I don’t raise my voice to her like you did. Ever. Who the fuck do you think you are by just yelling at her like that? She’s a little girl, Zack. She just wants to play with her daddy, but apparently that’s too much to ask. It’s like giving her the world or something.”

Zacky stood up and looked Rae dead in the eye. “You’re making it seem like I fucking hit her or something.”

“I’m not implying that. Don’t you fucking assume shit about me.” Rae glared.

“When I say no, I mean it. That’s something Emily needs to learn.”

“Not when you’re yelling it, you asshole. I don’t yell no to you, do I?”

It was Zacky’s turn to glare. She’s yelled at him plenty of times, but every single time was when he deserved it.

“Get the fuck off of my back, Rae. For fuck’s sake!” He yelled and turned around to walk to the kitchen.

Rae balled her fists and glared at the back of his head. “I have to chance to get on your back since you’re always fucking on it.”

Zacky stopped and turned around to throw an insult to her face, but she was already at the top of the stairs, slamming the bedroom door.

“Fucking bitch…” he mumbled under his breath, then continued to pull a beer from the fridge.