‹ Prequel: I Treated You So Wrong

Lets Make It Last Forever

Eight

“I’m not going back there until someone talks to him. I’ve had enough and I’m sure as hell not taking Emily back there if it’s the last thing I do.” Rae hissed and plopped into the couch next to Val.

Val’s eyes went slightly wide from Rae’s fast talking pace and urgency and anger. She didn’t things had gotten that bad in the Baker-Sanders household.

“What happened?” Matt asked as he walked in, three ice cold beers in hand; handing one to both Val and Rae.

Rae popped the cap off of the bottle and took a long swig, the frothy beverage quenching her dyer thirst for alcohol. “I tried to talk to him and he started saying all this shit. He was all bitching about how much of a nasty bitch I was being and he was saying some shit about me fucking someone else. I’d told him off, saying he should get his dick out of his ass and all that crap.” She growled and took another drink. “He pisses me off.”

“Wow, was there anything else that he said?” Val asked, sitting sideways on the couch so she was facing Rae as she told her story.

“He was calling me a whore and stuff, then questioned Emily…I can handle being called a whore, but you don’t question my daughter when you know damn well that you’re the dad.”

“I don’t think anyone else will talk to him.” Matt said.

“No, they’d laugh at his bruised mouth and fat ass lip. Apparently I can’t get a big head about my fighting because of who my family is. I know he only said that shit because he’s scared.”

Val snickered and sipped her beer. “And he should be.”

“You got that right.” Rae sighed.

“I’ll go talk to him after I finish this. Plus,” Matt smiled and held back a small laugh, “I wanna see his fat lip.”

“Not much different from normal,” Rae spoke in a sing-song voice, causing Matt and Val to laugh.

***

“Open the fucking door, Zack.” Matt’s voice roared through the wood.

“Go the fuck away!” Zacky yelled back.

Matt huffed and reached into his pocket, pulling out his keys, then unlocked the front door with the spare key that Rae had given to him. Zacky jumped off of the couch upon hearing the door open and seeing Matt appear in the living room.

“Matt, get the hell out.”

Matt shook his head and slammed the door, then stuck his keys back into his pocket. “You and I need to have a little chat.”
Rolling his eyes, Zacky walked into the kitchen and pulled a bottle of water from the fridge.

“Where the fuck do you get off on calling my sister a whole bunch of names and assuming that she’s a whore, huh?”

Shaking his head, Zacky downed the bottle of water and tossed the empty bottle into the sink.

“Or saying that your daughter isn’t yours? What the fuck, Baker?”

“You don’t know shit, Matt. So don’t’ come in here acting like you’re some kind of super-hero babysitter.”

Matt growled and walked up behind Zacky, roughly shoving his shoulder. “Wanna know something, fucker?”

“No, but I’m sure you’re going to tell me anyway.” Zacky scoffed and turned around.

“Not only did you insult my sister, you made your daughter scared of you. What do you have to say to that, huh?”

Zacky just shook his head and crossed his arms, not wanting to say anything.

“What, cat got your tongue? You don’t care if your daughter thinks your mean? That she doesn’t want to see you? Come on Zack; you’re better then this.”

“Why the fuck is everyone treating me like I beat her? I told her no, okay? Stop making it bigger then it needs to be.”

“No, you raised your voice. She’s a toddler, for fuck’s sake. Not a dude at a show who punched you. She’s scared of you, Zack. What’re you going to do in order for her to want to come near you again?”

“Why is that any of your business?” Zacky stepped around Matt and walked into the living room, Matt following close behind him.

“Because she’s my fucking niece, damn it. I don’t like seeing her scared, especially because of you. I sure as hell don’t want my sister escaping you like this, either.”

“I need some fucking me time, alright? So go the fuck away.” He sat down on the couch with a grunt.

Matt shook his head and wiped the light sheet of sweat from his brow. “Whatever dude. But don’t be surprised if you don’t see either one of them for a while.”

“Whatever.”

Matt shot Zacky a peace sigh and pulled the door open. He took one last glance at his supposed brother in-law, then left, closing the door behind him.