Sequel: I Won't Fear Love.

Bleeding Heart

Here I come, party!

"Thank you, Dominic." I heard two people having a conversation.

"It's nothing Miss. Mercandante. Honestly." Said Dominic and the sound of the voice formed a feeling in my stomach I didn't understand.

"Please, Dominic call me Morgan." My mother said to Dominic. I felt a soft hand on my forehead. "You are a very nice young boy, Dom. Thank you again."

"Not a problem." I decided to open my eyes. I wasn't at school, but at home. In my room, with Dominic. I looked around to make sure there wasn't any of my undergarments hanging out of my draws. Ha, undergarments. Makes me feel old.

"Mom?" My voice sounded groggy. She handed me a cup of water. I gulped it all in one sip. Man I was thirsty. "What happened?"

"You over worked yourself the past couple of days, Mariella. I told you this wasn't a good idea! I'm going to your boss later today to ask him if it's possible to give you a break for a couple months. You haven't had enough sleep for the past week. You fainted from being tired. Oh I knew I shouldn't have kept you up! You're resting for the next 3 days, you here me? You're lucky Dominic was there to catch you." I looked over to Dom who was starring out my window.

"I..uhh.." He reached up and scratched the back of his head." I should go." He turned around but stopped. "I uh..get better." He walked out of the door awkwardly. OKay..weird?

"But, mother-" My mother put a finger up to tell me to be quiet.

"No buts, Mariella Alison Mercadante! You are to sleep! Nothing else. I made it clear to your principal, and he sent home work with us for you to do. But right now, what I'm worried about is the sleep you need."

"Three days? In my room? All by myself? But there's a party Friday!" I whined and yawned. Looked like I am pretty tired.

"Maybe. We'll see if you are better. For now, rest my dear. Dante will be back soon with food and I'm going to leave it in the fridge. I have to work. Dante and Desiree will be here if you want anything. I told Dominic that he could come visit you frequently if he would like to. You worried the hell out of that boy, Mare. You didn't even say thank you." She scolded me. "I know I raised you better than that, Mariella. Next time he comes, I want you to say thank you."

"Mother! He didn't even give me time to say thanks, he left the room! Plus, I was still a little confused and in shock. So don't go blaming this all on me!" I defended myself. I mean, he didn't stay. I was awake and it seemed like I made it to uncomfortable for him. And my mother said I worried him? Ha, just playing it up I bet. Sure thing I Worried him. When I broke my arm from falling off my bike the wrong way, he didn't come to my rescue. All the time I slipped on the ice, he sat there laughing at me. And yet, she says I worried him. Now he comes to my rescue? Thats a bunch of bologna!

"You, my dear, didn't stop him. Now, rest." I looked at my mother in awe. Stop him? Say thank you? He hasn't said it to me! Ugh, boys!
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~ 3 days later.

I spent the rest of those days resting. It was making me bored, tired, and completely crazy! I sat there starring at my wall for minutes! A plain white wall.

Note to self: Buy paint and paint my walls.

Tell me thats not bothering because it sure as hell bothered me! I got very...claustrophobic. IT felt like the walls were closing in on me and sucking the only oxygen that was in my room. By Friday afternoon I had to run down the stairs and go outside. Even though it was freezing and I was wearing no shoes I went outside. IT felt much better to be outside. My mother got worried when I went full speed outside. She screamed at me to get my ass back in there. but I ignored her. Then wishing I hadn't because Dominic was out there, and I remembered what my mother wanted me to do.

Dominic never came over, even though my mother gave him permission. IT actually bothered me. I mean, who helps you when you faint from not getting enough sleep and doesn't come to check up on you? I mean, honestly. when I looked at him, he didn't bother to look back. I got angry and walked out on the bottom of my porch step.

"Dominic!" I yelled from my porch. He didn't look. "Dominic, will you please come here? I have to speak with you!" Still, nothing."Fine then, be an irritable tiger, grizzly, jerk! I just wanted to say thank you! Ugh!" I went back in my house, fully satisfied that I got to see the outside again.

"Looks like you're better." Dante said, but something had to be showing on my face other than feeling better. "What's wrong?" He went in full worried-brotherly mode. He patted the seat beside him and I went to sit next to him.

"Why do you guys think Dominic is such a nice person? He only plays nice around you two! I mean, I offer him a ride to school, at first he says no! Then, he pops up behind my truck when I was just about to back out and he asked if my offer was still open. Then he plays mister-nice-guy and we had a conversation where we didn't insult one another! Then he turns to be the wikid ass he is and starts picking on me! Then when I mysteriously fainted, he caught me and mother said he was worried! I mean, who sits there and makes fun of you, then worried about you? Honestly! This guy is so confusing, it's pissing me off! And the fact that I said THANK YOU! And he didn't even look at me! How polite is that! That guy has it coming for him, and he doesn't even know it! Also the fact that even though he didn't even come and visit to make sure I was okay makes me angry and upset!" Then I stopped myself, for I said to much.

Nice going, Mare. Nice going. I thought to myself. See, when something bugging me I ten to ramble and forget what I'm saying. I just let it out. I wasn't planning on adding that last sentence.

My brother looked at me and smirked, while cocking his left eyebrow. Oh, he was fully interested now.

When my brother just smirks at something like that, he isn't that curious, but is interested. When he cocks an eyebrow, he isn't interested but he's curious. When it's both, He interested and curious. Great, perfect.

"Oh, see it bug you that he didn't come and visit you? Did you miss his presence?" He asked, smirking like he caught someone doing something they shouldn't, and wanted to tease them about it.

"NO!" I screamed. That caught my mothers attention.

"Dante, I hope you're not teasing her. Mariella, come eat. IT's lunch time. Dante, I'll bring your food in there." I thanked my mother silently for saving me from my impending doom and skipped my way to eat my food.

"Mmmm, Grilled cheese! My favorite!" I sat down and ate the entire thing.

"Looks like your doing better. Are you up to the party?" She asked, while coming back from giving my brother his plate.

"Here I come, party!" I put my hand up, shouted. My mother laughed at me and stuck my tongue out after chugging down my milk.
♠ ♠ ♠
Nothing huge, needed a filler.
Just shows that she's falling a little more for Dominic, and her mother can tell Dominic is falling deeper for Mariella.
And how Dante knows its positive that Mare has feeling for Dominic ^_^