Sequel: I Won't Fear Love.

Bleeding Heart

My best friend isn't straight?!

"Desiree!" I said as I hopped out of my chair and ran towards her. She hadn't hit her head, thank god. The reason is because Dominic was already there. "Always saving someone, aren't you?" I said as I reached her and helped him set her down. "Desiree?" She looked up and I could see she wasn't in good shape.

"When I heard, I was working. The boss wouldn't let me ree. When I finally got ou- Oh my god, look at him!" she said she looked up and at the bed, "This is all my fault, Oh I'm sorry sorry Mariella!" She said as she dramatically started to whimper in my shoulder. I wrapped my arms around her to hug her.

"None of this is your fault, Dez. Shh." She shook her head.

"I told him that..I..well..I have a son. My god damn mother had to take him by my work, just because she wanted to go to Bingo. Damn it. I never got around it, he's never been to my house because I too live with my own mother. I can't afford a damn house! So, when my mother came by with a boy in her arms and when he saw me he screamed 'Mommy!'. I never told him because I was afraid. Oh don't give me that look, I was going to tell him."

"It's been more than how many month, Desiree!" I scolded and she dropped her head in her hands.

"Oh I know! I'm such a fool! So, he got mad and drove off. Really fast, he said, and I quote 'Desiree, a child could not stop me from not loving you! Yes, I'm mad! Who wouldn't? I..I need time to think.' Right before he left. Oh Mare, I'm so sorry! I should have told him sooner!" she started to cry into her hands now. Heather was awake because Dominic had to wake her up. She was sitting next to Desiree.

"I don't know you, Desiree, but everything's going to be fine. It wasn't your fault. Mainly no ones. He was going to fast and his car slipped. It's not your fault. He's fine. Yes, some damage, but Dante will be fine." she said, rubbing her back.

"Who are you?" Desiree said as she wiped the tears off her cheeks.

"I'm Mariella's half sister. My names Heather." She put her hand out and Desiree took it.

"If she's your half sister, Mare, how the hell does she look like you?" Desiree said and Heather laughed, lightening the mood.

"Same fathers, obviously she looks like Alex." We shrugged together.

"How old are you?" She asked Heather that had got up and went towards Dominic. I stood up from my knees and went towards my sleeping brother. His chest was rising and falling and the machine you could hear the beep, beep, beep slowly. Which is kind of annoying, but soothing all together. You know that Dante's heart's still beatin'.

"I'm16." She said as she snuggled into Dominic's side and rested her head on him.

"Oh." I could hear Dez was beside me now, and the fact I saw he hand go to his cheek."How long did the doctor give him, Mariella." I didn't respond right away, the lump in my throat clear as day.

"A month." I whispered and she bit her lip and nodded.

"At least we know it could be possible." I nodded.

~.~.~

Minutes later my mother came in with McDonald's. Hmmmm, smells tasty. I haven't had a double cheeseburger in months!

"Oh, Desiree. I'm sorry, I would've got you something, I didn't know if you were going to show up." My mother said as she put the drinks and the bags on the table.

"I already ate, Miss. Mercadante, could we speak?" My mother nodded her head as her and Desiree walked out of the room. I went straight over to to food and grabbed what I wanted. My fries and my cheese burger. I claimed my seat next to Dante and started to eat.

"Here, Heather." I heard Dominic say to Heather. He grabbed her food. I sat there eating and looking at my brother at the same time.

When my mother came in she looked like she did before, worried. Then she spoke as she pushed a chair next to me.

"Mariella, you're going to go home with Heather and Dominic. You're going to be staying at his. No, I don't want to hear a word. Alessandra offered, and I said okay. And this is another rule, you are not to step one foot in the Auto Body Shop, do you hear me? I know you were going to work today. All the other times I would not allow it. I don't need to worry about another child. Especially you." I nodded my head but spoke.

"Mother, why can't I just stay at Bethany's?" I asked and she seemed to think about it.

"I asked her, on my way here. Didn't Beth tell you she's going on vacation?" I turned to look at her.

"...No..." Why wouldn't she tell me?

"Alessandra and Dominic were suppose to go, but since they don't have the mon-" Dominic cut my mother off by clearing his throat and my mother immediately stopped, afraid she shared to much.

"What? What kind of vacation is this..?" I asked as my mother and Dominic had my full attention. They didn't want me to know something.

"Just a vacation. Oh, since they missed Christmas Vacation, You know." She shrugged.

"Your lying mother, I can tell." She sighed and turned towards Dominic.

"Sorry, Dom." He nodded his head.

"S'okay." He shrugged and went back to the conversation Heather and him were haiving.

"Beth and Dominic didn't want you to know. You know how she's sits there and says that Dominic is mister attractive?" I nodded. "Well, it's an act." Right then and there she just made it seem sooo different that what she was about to say. My eyes went wide and my mother finally moved on, shaking her hands back and forth, "Oh god, I'm sooooo sorry!" I heard Dominic laughing. It sounded like she was going to say that my best friend in the entire would wasn't straight..."I mean, they are cousins! Oh my god! Don't tell Beth I said that! Oh dear!" By now I was laughing, and I couldn't stop myself either.

"Mom, you crack me up, really."

She looked at me serious."Amor, she is his cousin. The vacation is a family Reunion."
♠ ♠ ♠
haha, I just love the ending of it <3 lol.
Well, I hope you guys are so.."Ewwww! That gross!" About the whole cousin issue. I had to cover it up, somehow..
I mean, Beth had been Mariella's friend for soo long.
But I was planning on someone being related to Dominic in the story..
Then I totally forgot it was going to be Desiree -,..,-!
Smart move, right?
But then I the Beth wasn't a bad idea.
I've never read story that has that idea..
But I wasn't something very different and weird. Beth is one of those girls, anyways ^,..,^.