Real or Fake

Chapter 36

Jenna's POV

The following day, I began calling friends, and with some of them, we ended up talking for an hour or two. It's way too long, I know. The people I called were my friends, Kelsey, Corinna and Athena, along with my best friend Alicia. They all thought it was a great idea and I ended up being hyper all day, getting weird looks from my son. Kelsey would play bass, Corinna and Alicia on guitar, Athena would sing and I'd be on drums. I couldn't believe that I was getting my band back together. I put in Young and the Hopeless and pressed play. I heard tiny footsteps run towards me and he squealed; Sebastien loves this cd.

"Mommy! I wuv you!"

"I wuv you too."

I picked him up and we sung and danced together until I felt a hand on my back, scaring me half to death.

"Excuse me?!" I exclaimed.

"Sorry, you too just looked so cute."

"Aww thanks. You're forgiven."

I gave him a kiss on the lips.

"How was today?" he asked me.

"Amazing. Couldn't be better."

"What happened?''

"I called my former band up and they're up for this idea of mine."

"Awesome. I have a great feeling about you girls making it, even though I never heard your band."

I giggled.

"We were really good then, so I don't think much has changed since then. I just need to find drumsticks and buy a drumset."

"Sweet, I married a drummer."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"I wuv you Mommy and Daddy!" Sebastien said.

"We wuv you too." Frankie and I said in unison.

A Month Later

Today's the second day of rehearsal and, oh I forgot to tell you, the first practice was good for being apart for nearly a decade. I've written more songs too, by the way. Also, not related to any of that, but I haven't told Kelsey, Corinna or Athena about who I'm married to. They've seen Sebastien, but not my hubbie. I can't stop smiling now, since it's in my head now as we're practicing. I messed up and they all stare at me.

"Jenna!" they all say in unison.

"I'm sorry!"

"What's on your mind?" Kelsey asks.

"I want to tell you guys who I'm married to."

Athena and Alicia already know, so they're just trying to hide the smirks on their faces.

"Frank Iero."

Eyes pop and mouths hang open.

"Oh my God!" Corinna exclaims.

I don't know how to react at this moment.

"That's fucking wonderful!!" Kelsey says hugging me.

I'm at ease now, knowing how they feel. Alicia and Athena are being stared at now since they didn't say anything.

"Did you two know?" Corinna asks.

They just nodded.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Kelsey asks.

"It wasn't our secret to tell." says Athena.

We went back to practice and things returned to normal. Afterwards, I headed towards to Rite Aid to buy some pregnancy tests. Since we have been sexually active for a while and we want to have another child, I need to see whether I'm pregnant or not. Once I did and arrived home, I went straight into the bathroom, locking the door. I used the three tests and waited the long, agonizing five minutes. I looked at all three and I almost fainted. I was pregnant.