As I crossed your path of gold

Suprises and celebrations

This was the hotel alright. The hilton. I've never been in here before but i had always wondered what it was like inside. I was dressed in my short red dress that i kept for special occasions and my black coat. I began to wonder wether i should of dressed in something more formal. If he stayed at the hilton he had to be wealthy right? What were his friends like? I realised that i knew nothing about this Gerard person. Other than that he had the most captivating smile.

I peered inside the window and saw pristene floors with spotless couches. This lounge looked classy. The hotel rooms must be the same right? I looked at the number on my hand. Room number 245. I sighed. Maybe this was a bad idea.

"I hope your not going to change your mind about coming," Came a familiar voice from behind me.

I spun around and realised it was him. Gerard was still wearing his glasses but had changed his clothes. He was wearing ripped leather trousers that revealed his bare skinny legs and a black hoodie. He stubbed out his cigarette on the floor.

"It's night time you know," I said while he smiled at me, "Theres no sun out so you don't need to wear sunglasses. Unless your blind!" He laughed.

"Well i thought you would of figured that when I walked into you!" He beamed, "Lets go inside. Don't worry, none of my friends are snobs." He beckoned me inside the hotel. I followed him inside the palace like place.

In the lift I tugged my dress down a bit, wishing I'd worn something less tarty. I looked up and didn't know wether he was looking at me from behind his glasses or not. He smiled.

"Tell me something, Saffy." He said, "Do you like the band, My Chemical Romance?"

He stared hard into me from behind his shades. "Yeah, they're awesome! How bout you?"

"Yeah, I think they're the best band on earth." He slowly took off his shades and for a moment i was confused. He looked strangely familiar. Then it clicked, It was the My chemical romance front man! Gerard Way!! What the fuck? He laughed at me as my eyes widened.

"I hope you wern't lying when you said you liked the band." He said smiling broadly.

"Oh my gosh!" I breathed, "I love your band!" I said fanning myself with my purse.

"Hey, calm down. Your just about to meet the rest of the band." He said casually. "I told you I'd make it up to you."

"Thanks," I said calmly. I felt like i was about to burst with excitment but i didn't want to look like a pilock. "So whats the occasion? Or do all rock stars have partys every night?"

"My Birthday." He said with his hazel eyes glittering in the light.

"Oh my god. Happy Birthday! Why didn't you tell me before? I could of brought something."

"Don't worry about it!"

Bing! We arrived at the eleventh floor. I stepped out of the lift and saw instantly which room it was. Balloons and confetti were sprawled about outside room number 245. I breathed in and pulled down my dress onece more. I looked up and I could see Gerard gazing at me.

"You look Beautiful, Saffy, dont worry." He said as he grabbed the door handle. As soon as the door opened the sound of hardcore music and laughing filled the corridor. I took one deep breath and entered and Gerard held the door open. Here goes meeting the best fucking band on the planet, i thought.

"Whos the chick?" Said Frank Iero from the sofa. He had an acoustic on his lap and a beer at his feet. He stared at me smiling. Bob was chatting to some girl next to him and Ray and mikey were laughing and drinking.

"I'm Saffy," I said with more confidence than i actually had. Oh my fucking god this isn't real i kept thinking.

"Well let me take you coat Saffy," Frank smiled and got up from the sofa putting the acoustic aside. I smiled back and said thanks whilst giving him my coat. He disappeared into another room while Gerard came up behind me with 2 beers. He gave one to me and shouted "Now Lets get this fucking party begin!"