As I crossed your path of gold

As time passes by

Six monthes had passed and I had learned to forget that fiasco. I had to. No one had believed me when I told them my story. Delia, my flatmate, laughed in my face and told me to grow up. It made me sad for a while. I then pretended it was all just one big dream and it never actually happened. In time, I had let go of the memory.
I had a new man now. He was kind, handsome, and generous. He always bought me presents and was forever sending me the sweetest texts. His name was John. He was a sweetheart and I was so lucky to have him. But I didn't love him. And he no way compared to Gerard in bed.
It was our 5th date today and we were sat on the beach eating chips and laughing at some cocky surfer who just fell over.
"Serves him right!" John laughed, "He shouldn't be so god dam cocky infront of them girls!" He pointed to a girls sunbathing who were also giggling.
"Lets go John, the suns almost down," I said.
"Yeah, The drunks will be here soon,"
We got up and began walking along the shore. I felt the soft breeze flowing through my long brown hair.
"You look so beautiful right now," He whispered as he took my hand. "I love you."
"I love you too," I lied. I felt so bad pretending to love him all the time. I thought I'd love him eventually. Love grows right?
We ran along the coast for a while and turned off into the city. The neon lights were buzzing and people were dressed for a night on the town. I didn't like clubbing no more. The music hurts my brain and the smokey atmosphere made me choke. And I always had a hangover the next morning. I perfered the punk clubs more where the music was live but I would only go if there was a band I knew.
We passed shops with closed signs and tramps making their bed for the night on someones doorstep. I felt sorry for these people but i rarely gave them my spare change.
We came to the bottom of my block of flats and John twirled me around.
"Goodnight my princess," he kissed me slowly.
I broke off and then said, "Goodnight John."
He smiled crookedly and revealed his gleaming white teeth. I kissed him onece on the cheek and walked to my flat. John was so caring and beautiful. I hoped so badly that I could one day like him as much as he liked me.
"Package came for you Saff," Said Delia as soon as I walked in, "It's on your bed."
"Oh, who from?" I asked.
"Dunno, but it's express delivery."
It must be a supprise from John, i thought. I made my way to my room and saw the parcel neatly placed on my bed just as Delia had described. I quickly pounced on my bed and tore it open enthusiastically. It took a while to open because it was so tightly wrapped. As I threw off the last bit of wrapping I saw that the contents was a dress and a card. I recognised the dress instantly. My old red dress! It was my favourite and I hadn't seen it since....
I opened the card and two tickets fell out. I put them aside and read the card.
"Hey Saffy,
I hope I got the right address. I felt so bad for what happened that night. I want you to know that I don't usually do that normally. To make it up to you I have enclosed some tickets for a performance in your area. I'd understand if you didn't want to come but these tickets are back stage also so i would appreiciate it if you didn't sell them on. I want to see you again saffy. Please come."
The letter didnt say who it was from or a return address. It didn't need one. I knew it was from none other than Gerard Way.