I'm Not in Love, This Is Not My Heart

In Our Defense

"Amber this is my girlfriend Elizabeth"

Stab

"Elizabeth is my best friend Amber"

Stab

Every second of seeing them with William's arm around her waist or William calling her his Girlfriend was like he was stabbing me in the heart.

I didn't want to be here, I wanted to go back and hide at my apartment again. I didn't want to meet Elizabeth and by the look on her face, she wasn't too happy on meeting me either.

"Nice to meet you she said smiling fakely and shaking my hand.

"Same here" I answered and the room went silent.

I was curious as to what William like about this Elizabeth. She was nothing like the girlfriends he had had in the past. Elizabeth was the kind of girl I had thought William always hated, with her bleached blond hair and obviously fake tan. She wore too much make-up to the point that I found myself wondering if her nose was real or not and her shirt showed way too much of her chest. Even if I had wanted to I could tell I was not going to get along with her at all.

"I'll be right back" William said as he removed his arm from Elizabeth's waist to go answer whoever was knocking on his door.

Elizabeth and I just looked at each other before I spoke "So how did you and William meet?"

"Don't even try that crap" she hissed "I can see what you are doing."

I had actually been trying to be nice.

"And what am I trying to do?" I asked calmly.

"Steal William from me" she answered glaring.

"He is just my best friend"

"Yeah right. I can see the way you look at him, it completely obvious-"

"Amber!"

"Michael!" I yelled cutting Elizabeth off and running over to Michael and hugging him.

"Elizabeth" William said smiling "you remember my band?"

"Of course" she said walking over to William and smiling fakely at the guys "It's great to see you four again."

"You too" Mike answered not sounding very thrilled.

I could tell the guys didn't seem to like Elizabeth either, I don't really blame them though.

"What were you guys talking about?" William asked Elizabeth.

"I asked how you two met" I answered before Elizabeth could.

"Oh, I can tell you that" William said smiling.

Apparently Elizabeth was a 'huge fan' of The Academy Is and had convinced her sister to go to Warped with her and see them play. After they had finished playing Elizabeth had 'accidentally' bumped into William near the backstage.

"What is your favorite song of their's?" I asked smiling.

Elizabeth looked blank for a moment before answering "Big Mess"

"That's a good song" I answered a firm smirk on my face. "You should check out some of the stuff of their old Cds too. In Our Defense is my favorite, it's off their first Ep when their name was still just The Academy"

I could tell by the look on her face she only knew about their CD Santi. I hated it when people said they were fans of William's band but knew nothing about it. William looked from Elizabeth to me and I could see the annoyance in his eyes, he knew I was trying to make Elizabeth uncomfortable or make it seem like she didn't really care about his band.

The fact was that I could tell now she didn't care about William's band. More than likely it was her sister who was really in love with William's band and Elizabeth was only dating him for the attention.

"I think I should go. I need to have two more chapters on my book done before tomorrow" I said sighing.

"Are you going to stop by and show then to me tomorrow morning?" William asked hopefully.

I shrugged "Depends on if I have time"

I could see the surprised look on William's face. I had never said 'if I have time' to him before. It was always more like 'I'll make time to stop by'

"See you guys later" I added before walking out of William's apartment.

This was such a mess.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have decided seeing as I wont be online tomorrow to update because I am hanging out with a friend that I am going to update all my stories again today :]
Also, I might start another William story today.
The new CD coming out has me hooked on writing about him. *Sighs*