I'm Not in Love, This Is Not My Heart

Unanswered

"Hello?" I asked placing my cell phone to my ear as I looked through the different kinds of microwaveable dinners boredly. It wasn't that I couldn't cook, the guys were actually constantly trying to get me to cook them dinner. The fact was that I was too lazy and not really in the mood to cook anything.

"Hey kid, it's Jake"

Jake was my publisher, he for some reason liked calling me kid. I think it had something to do with the fact that my first book 'Unanswered Question' the main character was constantly being called 'Kid' by her boss.

"Hey Jake. What's up?"

"I got your e-mail about the chapters you wrote and would like you to come over to my office this afternoon so i can take a look at them. That wont be a problem will it?"

That wouldn't have been a problem, if William didn't have my laptop.

I sighed "It's fine. I'll get done with what I am doing and then get my laptop and be over as soon as I can"

"Great. See you then Kid"

"Bye" I answered and closed my cell phone.

Great, now William was going to attack me with questions I knew I wasn't going to want to answer. Sighing I grabbed a few random frozen pizzas and dinners before heading to the check-out.

When I had reached my car I pulled out my cell phone and dialed William's number.

"Hello?" a sleepy voice asked.

"Did I wake you William?" I asked smiling.

"Amber?" he asked seeming more awake now "Are you okay? Why did you take off earlier?"

"I need to stop by and get my laptop, Jake wants to see the new chapters. Is it okay if I come over in a few minutes?" I asked ighnoring his question.

"Yeah that's fine"

"See you soon"

"Bye"

I placed my phone on the dashboard of my car and sighed. I didn't want to talk to William right now. I didn't know how to explain the way I acted. I didn't even know why I acted like that. But it seemed I didn't have a choice, I needed my laptop. This was going to be really interesting.

"Hey Amber" William said smiling when he opened the door, this time thank-fully without the sex hair.

"Laptop?" I asked not moving when he stepped aside to let me into the apartment.

He looked at me a moment "You're not going to come in?"

"Jake really wants to see what I wrote"

"You can e-mail it to him while you and I talk" William said hiding my laptop behind his back.

"William, I don't have time for this"

"Common Shortie" William said smiling. "We barley saw each other today"

"William" I growled.

William smiled "You're not very scary my dear. If you were, we never would have met"

I sighed and walked past him into the apartment.

He made me want to kill him sometimes