Status: Done :)

They say love is blind, or is it just me?

Chapter seventeen

Part seventeen:

"Wow.. it’s really coming down now.. " Ville said from behind us. My head had since come out of the cocoon again, seeing as air might come in handy for my lungs and all. Bam still stroked my hair, we had the TV on and were watching the Christmas carol. Bam turned his head and looked outside. "Cool.. the more fun we are going to have tomorrow! " I sighed and shook my head a little. "Little kid.. " Bam flicked my nose. "Takes one to know one.. " I smiled and stuck out my tongue. "I’m going to sleep.. I’m tired. " I said with a yawn. Bam sat me up again. "Then you’ll have to get out of that cocoon.. " He said laughing. I shrugged. "Guess I’ll have to live with that. " I started to untangle myself from my fortress. "Ehh.. Bammle? Help? " I said sheepishly. He busted out laughing. "You’re really stuck in that thing? " he laughed. " I nodded. "Man! That’s rich! " He laughed. The blanket suddenly was yanked away from me. I shrieked. "Cold! " I hurried to the stairs to get to my bed. Falling twice along the way. That only added to the laughter of the guys. I stuck out my tongue. "Night guys.. " "Night Cassie! " "Night Chase.. " I smiled and hurried to my room. Anxious to see whatgifts the morning would bring.

Benji.. or Benjamin, as his real name was. My first crush stood in front of me. The uneasy feeling once again washed over me. The same feeling I had when I got my first kiss. Everything happened exactly the way it happened before. He smiled. A genuine smile.. for as far as I knew. He knew I really liked him. Little did I knew that feeling wasn’t mutual. He was good at lying. He stepped closer to me and I felt my cheeks burn. My gaze was brought down. He lifted my chin up and placed his lips on mine. Slowly opening his mouth. I felt panic inside of me. What do you do? I didn’t even know how to kiss.. what if he thinks I suck? I just.. I don’t know! His tongue entered my mouth and I just waited until I felt it. It didn’t feel right. He was aggressive. His firm grasp on my hair suddenly loosened. The kiss became more pleasant. This wasn’t how my first kiss went. When I broke away, I came face to face with the blue eyes of my best friend. He smiled and closed the gap between us again. His lips felt soft on mine. The only feeling I felt this time was pure love. The uneasy knot in my stomach vanished. I just let him guide me. It felt wonderful.

I woke up. Oh Jesus.. that dream was to realistic.. A tear escaped my eye. It almost made me believe I could actually see again. But somehow.. I think I still can. ‘cause the Bam I kissed in my dream, wasn’t the same young Bam I ran in to when I could still see. He had matured.. but it didn’t look unnatural, he just looked how he was supposed to look, in my opinion. I searched the nightstand for my cell phone and pressed a button. "Nine o’clock" A mechanical voice spoke. I smiled. Late enough. Time to go down. Knowing Bam he’d already be down there. He really was a little kid at Christmas. I slowly stepped out and dressed in sweats, a tanktop and a hoodie. I made my way down and heard an exhausted sigh. "Finally! I thought you’d never wake up! " Bam yelled. A chorus of groans was heard around him. I chuckled. I understand you woke everybody up but me? You could just have come and get me.. " I said reaching the bottom. "Meh.. you were tired so I decided to let you sleep.. " "And we weren’t!!?? " Dunn yelled. I laughed and hugged him. "Thanks Bam.. why don’t we start on some presents aye? Merry Christmas. " I said giving him a kiss on the cheek. He smiled. "Merry Christmas Chase.. PRESENTS!! " He hopped away towards the tree. I laughed and made my round to wish everyone a merry Christmas. Bam was to busy diving into the pile of presents to find his. I laughed and took a seat on the couch beside Ville. He took my hand, put a little box in it and folded my hand around it. "Merry Christmas sweetheart. " He said softly. I smiled. "Thank you Ville. Merry Christmas to you too. " "HEY! NO OPENING PRESENTS BEFORE THE OWNER OF THE HOUSE! " Bam yelled. I laughed. "Fine.. go ahead Bammle, pick one. " Loud crisping of paper was heard. I smiled. Gotta love the kid. "Dude, cool! Who got me this T-shirt?! " He asked happily. "What’s it say? " I asked. "If you can read this, put me back on my barstool. " It was on the shirt, upside down. He laughed. I grinned. "That’s just a little extra gift from both me and Drea. He laughed again. "Thanks girls, this is funny! " He said. Dunn opened a present next. "Cool, okay.. I’m going to be modest and start with the little one. " He said laughing. I knew that was from Cassie and me again. "SWEET! " He exclaimed. I received a sudden hug and so did Drea. "Huh? What is it? " Bam said, being nosey. "200 bucks for motor parts! " Dunn said happily. "Oh.. " Bam said. He wasn’t all that thrilled about motors, he was more of a car kind of guy. Time passed. The guys opened more presents and I opened two. One from Glomb, a new headphone for my laptop. And one from Raab, Three corsets. Glomb was really happy with his ticket. He couldn’t believe I would do that for him. So couldn’t the guys.. they all said I was crazy, I was just happy Glomb liked it. Ville was now opening the gift I got him. "Ah Cassie.. you’ve really lost your mind! " He said with a smile when he opened it. He hugged me tight. "Thanks for seeing trough my stubbornness" He whispered. I laughed. "You’re welcome.. And guess what.. it’s fully loaded too! " I smiled. "Really! Cool! " He exclaimed. The guys al stood up to admire his new MP3 player. Dico was extremely jealous. I laughed. "I think you’ll like your gift even better Bran.. " I smiled. "Okay! My turn! " He yelled immediately. He searched for my gift and quickly tore it open. "Dude! Do you even know how much this costs! Thank you!! " He yelled attaching himself to me. I laughed. "Enough.. it is fine Bran.. glad you like it. Does that make up for the mp3 player a little? " He laughed. "Heck yes! "

Novak opened the gifts I got him next. He started laughing really hard. "Thanks Cass.. I guess I need that.. A catholic chick! " The guys all made confused sounds but laughed when he explained. He loved the caps and the board I got him. Drea was next. "I hope you like it chica.. " I said with a smile. She opened the huge package that held the clothes. "What!? Cassie! Wow! " I smirked. "I seem to get a lot of those words today.. I take it those are the right ones? " She shrieked. "YES! " I got another bone crushing hug and laughed. "You still have one package left you know.. " She turned around and scrambled trough all the paper to find it. She opened it and gasped. I had put in a handwritten note. That took a while, but according to April it looked good.(Yeah, you got April and Phil something too, they loved it.. I just don’t know what to get them, so I’ll skip that. ) She hold back a sob. "Thank you Cassie.. that means so much.. " She said sniffling a bit. "The guys all awwed and laughed. We continued our present round. Raab opened his presents and started laughing at the hat. "COOOL! Thanks Cas!" I laughed and waited for him to open his ticket. The whole room fell silent when he opened it. "I agree with Ville.. you are sick in the head Cassie.. " He said softly. I didn’t hear a smile or anything.. so I got worried, but that all disappeared when he planted a big kiss on my cheek. I sighed. "Phew.. for a minute there I thought I’d lost a friend.. " He laughed. "Never! Thank you! " He sat back down. "My turn! " Bam yelled again happily. He grabbed my gifts. I just prayed he liked it. He opened the necklace first.. "Damn Cassie.. did you rob a bank or something.. This looks so cool! " he said softly. I smiled, glad he liked it. "Nah, John pays better than you think.. but don’t thank me, thank Dre.. she picked it out. " I said nudging her. "Nahuh, it was your idea.. you take the credit. " Bam stood up and flopped next to me on the couch and kissed my cheek slowly. I wished he would have done it longer. But his lips soon parted from my cheek again. "I love it.. thank you.. " He said with a smile. "Now your last gift! " He was about to open it when I put my hand over it. "Before you open it.. I just want to say this was completely Drea’s idea.. and I fully understand if you don’t like it.. Hell, I don’t even know what it looks like of course.. but, well. Argh.. " Drea laughed. "She’s just insecure.. trust me.. you’ll love it. " She said winking to Bam. Which I obviously didn’t catch. He tore away the paper and turned it over. The next few seconds were silent, then, he actually gasped. "You’re beautiful.. .. .. " He whispered. Everyone scrambled around us to see it. They all had a similar reaction. I just buried my red face in my lap. Bam lent forward to put it down. And tore me away from my own embrace and hugged me tighter than anyone else had. Ever.. "That’s probably the best gift ever.. you look so gorgeous in that picture Cassandra.. I’d only wish you could see it.. " I blushed deep and brought my head down again. "He’s right Drea.. you are truly beautiful here.. " Ville agreed. I smiled. Somehow.. Villes remark made me a little less uneasy. I was just ecstatic Bam liked it. But I wasn’t about to let him know. "Now, you haven’t opened my present yet! " Bam said to me. "It has two parts.. " He handed me a box first. I opened it and felt inside of it. I felt a necklace with a similar structure to Bam’s. "I guess great minds really think a like.. It has my name with yours below it. Only no heartagrams.. just regular ones.. " He said softly while putting it on. I smiled. "Thank you.. I wish I could say it looks beautiful.. But that is a little difficult. Thank you for at least that gesture. " He laughed. "Right back at ya.. " I opened his next gift. It felt like a silk. "It’s a robe.. " Drea said confused. "Jup.. " Bam said with a smirk. "YOU, melady, are going to the luxurious Hollywood Hill’s spa. For a well counted three day weekend of pampering. You’ve put up with enough of our shit around here these past years. " I shrieked and flung myself at him "What!? Do you even know how expensive shit over there is!? Are you sick in the head! " I said kissing his cheek. He laughed. "Not as sick as you are.. how much money did you spent on all these gifts anyway..? " He asked pulling me off him gently. "Yeah! " The other’s said. "That’s what we’d like to know.. You know money doesn’t matter Cassie.. " April said. I shook my head. "Really.. if I could go again, I would.. it wasn’t enough to show you how much I care. Believe me, John paid me a lot of money for all those songs I sent him. They got picked by a band too. That makes me get part of the profit. It’s all good.. I’m not poor.. not anymore that is.. I’m rich in friends.. " I said with a smile. It was silent until April Awed. They all stormed for me and hugged me. I laughed while trying to escape and find freedom. But beneath that dog pile, something out of the ordinary happened. Someone pressed their lips to mine. I stopped moving all together. The lips disappeared as fast as they came. But I knew in my heart that it was Bam. I felt the same jolt as when he kissed me on the cheek, close to the corner of my mouth. All that was going trough my head was.. *Could he like me too? Could he really?..*

That Christmas passed really quickly. I got a lot of cool gifts that I was really happy with. Today was the day Bam was leaving. I couldn’t believe how sad I was. I had lived trough this enough times by now.. but that kiss at Christmas didn’t leave my mind. This leaving seemed different than all the others, it hurt more.

"Behave will you? " I said into his ear when he hugged me. I heard and felt him chuckle. "I know I will, but will you? " I slapped him lightly on the back, not ready to let go yet. "Shut up.. you know I have ten times better behaviour than you do.. " I said with a pout. He laughed. "Yea yeah.. I’m still trying to corrupt you, but that will come in time.. " I laughed. "Sure hope not.. " My voice faded away. I didn’t want him to leave. The bus honked. I sighed. "Well, have fun! And see you in three weeks! " I said acting as happy as I could. He sighed and kissed my cheek. "Bye.. " I waved. "Bye Bammle.. " He walked onto the bus and they drove away. April’s arm wrapped around my shoulder. "Let’s go back inside.. it’s cold..