Status: Done :)

They say love is blind, or is it just me?

Chapter forty eight

Part forty eight

"He looks like trouble.. " Ville commented peering into the basket. I whipped my head around. "Excuse me? He’s sleeping! The epitome of innocence! How can he be any trouble? " I said stunned. They all laughed. "I meant the other cat? Trouble? " Ville laughed putting a hand to my forehead, mocking as if I was sick. "Look at you being all maternal Miss Cassandra.. " He smirked. I rolled my eyes. "Stop trying to be funny Valo.. " He gasped and put a hand over his heart. "That hurts sweetheart, right here.. honestly.. " I stuck out my tongue as the others laughed. "Well, as much as I’d love to stand here and gaze at the newest addition to the family.. we have a plane to catch.. " Linde reminded the others. I nodded. "Right.. I’m just taking this little.. fella.. I think.. upstairs, put him near the heater in our room. " The men all smirked at me. "Oh just leave! " I said flailing my arms at them. They chuckled and each passed by me to kiss my cheek. I smiled and picked up the basket with the little kitty. "Bye guys"

~Bam’s POV~
"You have a very special girlfriend Bam.. " Ville chuckled once we were in the car on our way to the airport. I smirked. "I know.." We were all silent again, but I continued to feel their eyes on me. "What? " I saw Mige smirk from my rearview mirror. "I still can’t believe you’re going to be a daddy soon.. " The others chuckled softly. I rolled my eyes and just kept on driving. "Oh come on guys.. " Burton laughed. "With a helmet on, I’m sure the little one will be okay.. " More hysterics. "A bulletproof vest and matching kneepads for christmas! " Mige howled with laughter. I had to admit, that hurt. I can take what I dish out, really.. but hearing them question my ability to care for both Chase and whatever baby would come our way.. hurt like hell. Not even Ville defended me, I don’t think I was ever this glad to see the airport.

I parked the car and stepped out to help them with their bags. Once they all had their luggage, I turned to the smiling fins and nodded quickly. "I’ve got a lot of shit to take care of. Have a safe flight guys. " Without waiting on an answer I turned, got in my car and left.

~Your POV~
I was petting the little kitten, who I had named Rebel, as he slowly woke up from the shortest nap ever. Now that he had gotten used to his surroundings a little and was a lot less scared, he became more and more active. Suddenly, the little guy jumped as my phone rang. I giggled and pet his confused little head. "Llow? " I answered with a smile. "Hey Cassie.. it’s me.. Ville.. " I frowned. "Hey Ville, what’s up? Did something happen? " He sighed. "No, nothing happened.. Well at least I think it didn’t.. Bam just sped off when he dropped us of at the airport.. He acted really weird all of a sudden and I’m not quite sure what caused it.. " I raised my eyebrows. "Seriously? Want me to ask when he gets back? " I wondered what had happened. "Would you? That would be amazing sweetheart.. I’m just a little worried, he’s never sounded so.. hurt.. " This only made me grow more curious. "I’ll see what I can find out.. I’ll let you know. " He smiled. "Thank you love" "Have a safe flight Ville, talk to you soon. "

"Back Babe! " Bam’s voice sounded loud, but monotone. I frowned. Ville hadn’t been kidding, something was bothering him. "Come up for a second will you? " I yelled back. His footsteps were audible and he soon stepped through the door. A small smile took over his face as he saw me sitting with the little kitten. He sat down on the floor beside me and pet the curious little black ball of fur that stared back at him. "Rebel, this is your daddy.. " I cooed. Ok, sue me.. I’ve got a week spot for baby animals. I was shaken from my good mood as I felt Bam tense up. I frowned at him. "What’s up? " He just avoided my gaze. "Bam.. " I grabbed his chin between thumb and pointer finger and made him look at me. He closed his eyes. I sighed and let go of his face. "Way to be childish.. what’s up with you? Why did you tense up like that? "

On moments like these, I was ever more grateful for getting my sight back. Bam had a hard time denying or not telling me things, but now that I could actually see his reaction to things.. he hardly got away with anything..

"It’s nothing, I’ll get over it.. " He mumbled. I shook my head stubbornly, twisted his head to face me again and waited. He eventually sighed and looked down. "It’s.. something the guys said, you said just now.. " I raised my eyebrows in anticipation, I hope I didn’t upset him..

"In the car.. they were laughing about how they couldn’t see me as a dad and joked about the baby need protection from me and stuff.. " He mumbled. A look of disbelieve took over my face. They wouldn’t.. would they? "With you just calling me daddy.. " He rolled his eyes with a bitter smile. "Even it it’s just about a kitten.. " The trailed of, scratching Rebel’s head. Then, he looked up at me. "That hurt Chase.. you know I’m serious about this, don’t you? " I sighed and closed my eyes, not believing what I just heard. I leant forward, kissed him hard and wrapped my arms around him. "Yes.. " I mumbled into the crook of his neck. "And I’m pissed at the guys for saying that to you, they had no fucking right.. They know how much this means to you, to us.. " He hugged me back and I felt him kiss my shoulder. "It does.. " He mumbled.

When we separated from our hug, I stood up and dug my cell out of my pocket. Bam raised his eyebrows. "Going to call Ville.. " I mumbled with a dark look on my face. Bam frowned. "You don’t have to do that Chase.. " He said reaching for my phone. I held it out of his reach. "Yes I do, he called just before you came in here.. worried about why you sped off so fast at the aiport. Well, I think he deserves to know.. " I was pissed. The guys could really be inconsiderate at times.. but Ville knew better than to joke about this matter.. or let his bandmates joke about it. He had talked with Bam a lot, knew about his doubts to ask me in the first place.. He. Just. Knew. Better.

After I got Ville’s voicemail, his phone was of course off inside the plane, I left him a message. "Ville? It’s Cassie. I just talked to Bam and I think you damn well know why he sped off. That was an asshole act and you know it. Thought you had a bit of common sense left Valo, think before you play in on people’s fucking insecurities. " I growled into the phone. "Grown men taking a stab at another like a teenage schoolgirl.. Great job! "

I shut my phone and found Bam leaning against the doorway, a small smirk on his face. "Well, one thing’s for sure.. " He smiled, inching closer. I raised an eyebrow. "You’ll be like a lion protecting her cubs once we do have kids.. " I smiled. I guess it did kind of resemble motherlike behaviour. I remember my mom doing the same when I was little and got bullied at school.

"Where are the others? " I asked after we had just stood there for a while, resting in eachothers arms. I felt him shrug. "Not really sure.. Novak should be around here somewhere.. don’t know about the others. " I moved away from him and immediately felt his grip tighten. "So you mean we’re pretty much alone? " I asked him with a smile.

Tick, tock, tick, tock..

He suddenly perked up, lifted me over his shoulder and turned to face our bed. I couldn’t stop laughing.
"Took you long enough! "
♠ ♠ ♠
Pff, had the most annoying presentation ever this week. Had to present my graduation project in front of 30 people! O.o I was scared shitless...
It went well, thankfully.. :)

I've got a question..
Would you guys do me a favor and give me any suggestion who to write about after I finish this story? Who would you like to see a story of? I was thinking of another Ville story.. thought of a small jussi 69 plot.. but I'm not sure about that one..

nothing's set in stone yet..

let me know, I might get good idea's! :)

Thanks for everything :)
-XOXO